Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry Johnny, Brand’s promoters work for Brand, their decision, nobody else’s.

Also from the news report:

“Brand also failed to appear for his regular 5pm live show on the video platform Rumble on Monday. “

Did some lefty get between Brand and his video camera that he uses to broadcast on his own platform?

Go on tell us, we know it’s always somebody else’s fault.

From your link.

Luke Pollard, a Plymouth MP, had suggested that the show should be cancelled. He posted on X (formerly Twitter): “On Russell Brand’s gig in #Plymouth on Friday: in any other job after serious allegations of rape and sexual assault where the alleged perpetrator still has access to women, they would be suspended pending investigation. This is the equivalent of cancelling or postponing shows.”

He's a Labour MP, obviously.

• Haha 1

There is certainly a lot of stuff about the bloke on social media this morning, a lot. 

For The Times (UK) to be so upfront about the bloke does seem interesting......:whistling:

Jimmy Saville, Ralph Harris, and a few other "entertainers" were eventually found out for being naughty, not that I am saying this bloke has been naughty, but where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Could be interesting.......:huh:

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, transam said:

There is certainly a lot of stuff about the bloke on social media this morning, a lot. 

For The Times (UK) to be so upfront about the bloke does seem interesting......:whistling:

Jimmy Saville, Ralph Harris, and a few other "entertainers" were eventually found out for being naughty, not that I am saying this bloke has been naughty, but where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Could be interesting.......:huh:

Not one man comes without failure one way or the other.

Just surprised this comes out of the blue now, many years after Me To wave have more or less ended. 

I would not be surprised if he is guilty being the multiple addictive hyper person he is, but time will show. 

15 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I pray this is true for the survival of the planet.

In 20 million years the next intelligent species will have evidence of our failure, and thus use it not to make the same mistakes.

image.png.108ff031eafe0fe8ade19507a8a0399e.png

Just remove all social media and everyone will calm down.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

From your link.

Luke Pollard, a Plymouth MP, had suggested that the show should be cancelled. He posted on X (formerly Twitter): “On Russell Brand’s gig in #Plymouth on Friday: in any other job after serious allegations of rape and sexual assault where the alleged perpetrator still has access to women, they would be suspended pending investigation. This is the equivalent of cancelling or postponing shows.”

He's a Labour MP, obviously.

Luke Pollard didn’t cancel Brand’s shows.

Brand’s promoters canceled Brand’s shows.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RayC said:

Bottom line is that the bloke was a <deleted> before these allegations were made and he remains a <deleted> today.

Of course, that's only an opinion but there's plenty of evidence to support my view.

He may be a <deleted> but that doesn't mean he did what he's accused of. Shame on the bbc for being so woke that it takes any accusations against men "seriously" when they allegedly happened so long ago that the man will have sod all chance of being able to prove the women are lying <deleted>.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I don't think you understand how promotional companies make their money.

I don’t think you understand that it was Brand’s promoters that called off his shows.

Nothing at all to do with how they make money or your ‘lefty’ fixation and everything to do with it was his promoters who called the show off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t think you understand that it was Brand’s promoters that called off his shows.

Nothing at all to do with how they make money or your ‘lefty’ fixation and everything to do with it was his promoters who called the show off.

If it's clear that everyone will boycott the show then the promoter has no choice but to cancel it. He isn't going to pay all the outgoings to host the event if people aren't going to attend, have people blocking the entrance, protesting people who attend etc. 

You think the promoter is cancelling it due to his conscience? It's purely a business decision based on the fact that his client has effectively been tried in the court of public opinion/social media and cancelled. 

But then, you already knew that...

Just now, JonnyF said:

If it's clear that everyone will boycott the show then the promoter has no choice but to cancel it. He isn't going to pay all the outgoings to host the event if people aren't going to attend, have people blocking the entrance, protesting people who attend etc. 

You think the promoter is cancelling it due to his conscience? It's purely a business decision based on the fact that his client has effectively been tried in the court of public opinion/social media and cancelled. 

Do you have a link or any verifiable evidence of this situation you paint actually having come to pass, or did you make it up?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Maybe you’re on to one of the reasons women are reluctant to report rape.

I'd be making a police report the instant I could get to the phone.

Rape needs to be reported before the semen is washed away (if they want the claim to have any credibility).

Even Monica Lewinsky had the sense to keep the evidence intact.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How about this:

Some groupies decided that they regretted being sluts and to cleanse their regret they decide to claim it was all his fault they couldn't wait to drop their knickers for him.

Given the proclivity for groupies to throw themselves at stars, one wonders why some star would bother with forcing themselves on a reluctant female.

Working as security I know very well the game with groupies, and also how groupies brought drugs to the band members, willing to do anything for them. 

Even one who offered me a BJ for getting backstage. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Or perhaps, there is no way Brand can do his thing on stage with stuff hanging over his head., especially if he is worried about something...............:whistling:

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Do you have a link or any verifiable evidence of this situation you paint actually having come to pass, or did you make it up?

Already linked to the Labour MP joining the Twitter pile on. Pathetic, but then what do you expect from a Labour MP?

He has guilt written all over his face. One thing I just do not understand. When a man is good looking, famous and wealthy, he can get with nearly anyone he wants. The gals are just clamoring to be with you. So, why take advantage of women who are not willing? Is it pure pathological mania? Is it a conquistador mentality? Is the man simply bent?

I never liked his acting, nor his comedy. And his podcasts were absolutely obnoxious. So at a minimum, this might make him less visible, which is a good thing!

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

Or perhaps, there is no way Brand can do his thing on stage with stuff hanging over his head., especially if he is worried about something...............:whistling:

Innocent or not, I wouldn't fancy getting up on stage with all this going on. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be accused of this. If it was a false accusation it would probably be even worse.

I've never liked the bloke, but these social media pile-ons based on nothing more than an accusation from years back are pretty crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be making a police report the instant I could get to the phone.

Rape needs to be reported before the semen is washed away (if they want the claim to have any credibility).

Even Monica Lewinsky had the sense to keep the evidence intact.

It was you earlier today who didn’t know why women don’t report rape?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, he was mobbing outside the venue?

Ir was he simply expressing an opinion you don’t agree with?!

The event was cancelled so that's a pretty dumb question isn't it...

His ilk don't generally have the guts to do the protesting anyway. They're the ones shouting "fight fight fight" from a safe distance.

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Innocent or not, I wouldn't fancy getting up on stage with all this going on. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be accused of this. If it was a false accusation it would probably be even worse.

I've never liked the bloke, but these social media pile-ons based on nothing more than an accusation from years back are pretty crazy.

Now flip the coin and imagine being a victim of rape, looking around and seeing other women reporting rape being referred to as ‘sluts’, see example above.

• Thumbs Up 2