Thais to enjoy more cut of electricity charge

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

This month, for the first time in a while we didn't get any government discount on our bill.

So this month's bill has actually gone up, not down even though we used roughly the same amount of units.

Same here, even though only 255 units used. 

Edited by KannikaP

12 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

This month, for the first time in a while we didn't get any government discount on our bill.

So this month's bill has actually gone up, not down even though we used roughly the same amount of units.

The last 4 months I've only received one discount.. strange.

Thai government plans further electricity tariff cut to 3.99 baht per unit
by Mitch Connor 

image.jpeg
Image by Pjjaruwan's Images

The Thai government’s Energy Ministry has laid out plans to further reduce electricity tariffs by an additional 11 satang per unit, announced government spokesperson Chai Watcharong this Monday.

Deputy Prime Minister and Energy Minister Pirapan Salirathavibhaga disclosed the plan during the meeting, stating that the current rate of 4.10 baht per unit is set to drop to 3.99 baht.

Just last month, the cabinet had agreed to a price reduction from 4.45 baht per unit to 4.10 baht. This reduction commences from the current month’s billing. The step was enacted following Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin‘s instruction for the urgent creation of strategies to lower energy costs and electricity bills.

Though the plan’s specifics remain undisclosed, Chai confirmed that this reduction was not a direct resolution of the cabinet. The Energy Minister had discussed the potential rate cut with the Energy Regulatory Commission, concluding that a drop to 3.99 baht per unit was feasible from this month’s billing.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Feel lucky. My UK house it's 13bht a unit. 4 sounds great.

Don't forget the standing charge: where I used to live, where the wind turbines and hydro schemes that generate electricity to export down to England are, it's the highest in the UK. 

Currently 64p ( around 28 baht) a day, or 845 baht a month. Plus, of course, VAT. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I live on a private development here and I pay 8 baht + FT + VAT

4 baht sounds pretty good to me as well.

a few years ago it came out that it was illegal to charge more than the goverment..  yes I know, all the theives still do it..

Just now, Seeall said:

a few years ago it came out that it was illegal to charge more than the goverment..  yes I know, all the theives still do it..

worse than that, we had 5 years of using from an apartment block (at double) as did the street and the PEA came around many times, blah blah blah for 2 hours = nothing, obvious what was going on until we met the right person, then the whole street had PEA meters withing 2 weeks or so...

11 hours ago, rwill said:

It's the Ft, fuel surcharge, that has affected the bills the most.  They jacked it way up when fuel prices were high but never lowered it when they came back down.

Yep that's the way it works they promise to make it cheaper  Fine But they ad something on for some other Rate, Fuel charge , and they will find an other excuse to make up for the Lower Tariff. 

Same with All the other So called Tax/Excise cuts . In the end one will be Paying More then Before the So Called Cuts. Slime Greedy Rip off.