lots of sick people

stoner

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

Thanks my mate.

already looking into a thc cbd mix in a bottle. 

Does thc at 0.02 and cbd at 0.041 sound about right?

Prikpot do cannabis T-bags which seem to work for sleep with no side effects. Take about 2 hours to kick in, but you can mix with lemon, honey, camomile etc..

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What? Are you on some kind of anti-vax crusade? As if it wasn't always obvious.

Just trying to do the right thing, Ozi. It hasn't been an easy 2.5 years, but it's worth it. Down the line we will know who is worthy of respect or not. Flashback from January 2022:

607279328_Ozimoroninfavourofvaxmandatesandlockingdownunjabbed-24-01-22.png.e553a0709ef62a35a390ff5296936ef6.png

20 hours ago, connda said:

Make sure your Covid shots are up to date.  Pfizer and Moderna have new FDA approved vaccines out to protect you.
Stay safe!  :thumbsup:

A booster at my local government hospital was supposed to be free, they asked for 100bt, I questioned it and then they wanted

1000Bt, seriously this is true.

3 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Just trying to do the right thing, Ozi. It hasn't been an easy 2.5 years, but it's worth it. Down the line we will know who is worthy of respect or not. Flashback from January 2022:

607279328_Ozimoroninfavourofvaxmandatesandlockingdownunjabbed-24-01-22.png.e553a0709ef62a35a390ff5296936ef6.png

I stand by those words now. If Covid was smallpox or polio would you still be saying that mandatory vaccines and restriction of movement were off the plate? The early versions of covid were highly contagious and deadly. Millions died. Millions more would have died without the vaccinations and lockdowns.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2023-08-29/no-gov-desantis-covid-lockdowns-saved-lives-and-your-policies-did-the-opposite

https://www.the-scientist.com/features/counting-the-lives-saved-by-lockdownsand-lost-to-slow-action-67689

Yes I had it. I flew in to Thailand on 23rd August and went straight home here. Within a few days I had developed exactly these symptoms. Unpleasant but didn't lay me out. Paracetamol helped. The worst aspect was the cough that developed and has only just cleared up. Then my wife got it, then her sister, then her mother.

First time I've had this kind of thing since pre covid days. In fact I was in excellent health all through the Covid years and until this hit me. Likely picked the bug up at the airports or in the plane. 

21 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

I'm one of them.

Fun fact: all the unvaccinated people I know have never caught Covid.

You must have few friends.  I only got vaccinated the second time because I had too.  Vaccination(s) was required to do the things in Thailand I want to do at the time.  I got covid anyhow and it wasn't any fun but it passed like other terrible viruses I've had.  I was training hard so I'm guessing my immune system was deficient.

Sorry but I call BS on your "fun fact" but nice to know you experienced the covid era on your terms.

On 9/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, stoner said:

an abnormally large number of people i know are all sick right now. myself included. had a scratchy throat the other morning and within a few hours turned into a nasty cold. sniffles runny nose not much else. i have been overdosing on tiffy.

anyone else in the same boat ? 

Shouldn't be in a boat at this time of year! 

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

You must have few friends.  I only got vaccinated the second time because I had too.  Vaccination(s) was required to do the things in Thailand I want to do at the time.  I got covid anyhow and it wasn't any fun but it passed like other terrible viruses I've had.  I was training hard so I'm guessing my immune system was deficient.

Sorry but I call BS on your "fun fact" but nice to know you experienced the covid era on your terms.

"Vaccination(s) was required to do the things in Thailand I want to do at the time."

Like what?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

It's becoming clearer that COVID did have some quite major effects on you without you noticing. It gave you 20/20 hindsight and the ability to believe you know more about medicine than those that have studied for a lifetime.

If your refusal to vaccinate for COVID was based on something like the speed in which the vaccine was approved then I could understand, but the almost total eradication of polio, in great part due to vaccinations (and there are many other examples) means that your blanket disdain for vaccinations is well past the line of stupidity. Your ability to decide for the world who or what is worthy of respect is just laughable.

Let's leave my IQ out of this, Woof.

I never mentioned any other vaccine than the Covid one.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Let's leave my IQ out of this, Woof.

I never mentioned any other vaccine than the Covid one.

"Health does not come in a needle." from the first page is what you wrote and what I was referring to.

However, thanks for not taking my post too personally. That in itself deserves some respect on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, stoner said:

an abnormally large number of people i know are all sick right now. myself included. had a scratchy throat the other morning and within a few hours turned into a nasty cold. sniffles runny nose not much else. i have been overdosing on tiffy.

anyone else in the same boat ? 

Yeah, lots of people around me with deep wracking coughs, a good friend the same got diagnosed with influenza type A..

Got 8 different sets of pills to take over 10- days by the doctor..

I think she'll be in re-hab soon.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

"Vaccination(s) was required to do the things in Thailand I want to do at the time."

Like what?

Many things but the one that convinced me to get vaccinated was I couldn't race in Thailand.  All races required vaccination.  I run and I'm in stellar health. Covid wasn't and isn't a worry nor should it be IMO for healthy unvaccinated individuals.  The problem is the global society is extremely unhealthy and needs  drugs to remedy the situation. A terrible solution and throw in politics/group think and you get the rabid covid vaccination crowd.  A jab for me was my solution to keep the fearful unhealthy masses at bay and I think it also helped minimize the severity of the spread within the unhealthy.  I might have saved a person that let themselves become pathetically unhealthy ???? Give me a medal.

Didn't you face restrictions?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Many things but the one that convinced me to get vaccinated was I couldn't race in Thailand.  All races required vaccination.  I run and I'm in stellar health. Covid wasn't and isn't a worry nor should it be IMO for healthy unvaccinated individuals.  The problem is the global society is extremely unhealthy and needs  drugs to remedy the situation. A terrible solution and throw in politics/group think and you get the rabid covid vaccination crowd.  A jab for me was my solution to keep the fearful unhealthy masses at bay and I think it also helped minimize the severity of the spread within the unhealthy.  I might have saved a person that let themselves become pathetically unhealthy ???? Give me a medal.

Didn't you face restrictions?

You might want to tell that to the hundreds of healthy doctors and nurses who died from exposure before vaccines came along. Most people either don't get Covid or don't know they have it. I'm as healthy as you, having trained for over 50 years and kept a healthy diet for longer, and I didn't take the chance of being a statistic, preferring to be here as long as possible, both for myself and my family. It wasn't just obese and those with pre existing conditions that died.