Goodbye Alcoholism, Hello Sobriety!

bob smith

I'd say there's something else that has played a bigger part of your immune system being compromised. 

Anyhow 

Before anything

1.virgin olive oil table spoon 

2.part of a  lemon squeezed 

3. Cayenne pepper

Shot glass in one.

Coffee or tea if you have to with 

Lions mane powder added.

It's worked wonders for me.

Ignore any negative feedback 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JayClay said:

I dunno. Everybody needs their vice. CBD is probably a lot less harmful than alcohol over all so it's progress.

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

CBD...harmful?

I didn't suggest it was harmful. I don't know enough on the subject.

I said it was probably less harmful than alcohol. If it is not harmful at all then it is, by definition, less harmful than alcohol...

Pain killers simply mask the problem , they don't cure anything !!!, they constipated you, cause anxiety and depression,  There are natural methods ,granted not as effective but I tend to grit my teeth and cope with it, here in thai you can try weed which will make you smile and eliminate the need for alcohol.

23 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have been quite ill these past couple of weeks due to multiple ailments.

Alcohol may have played a significant role in the weakening of my immune system recently.

I went to my doctor concerning my issues and she prescribed me a potent painkiller.

Now I had never heard of this drug before and after doing a bit research online I was skeptical at first.

I took 1 tablet that evening after my meal as directed and the effects were almost immediate.

All my pain had been alleviated and I was feeling pretty good.

I continued on with the course until finished and I no longer have any pain related to the initial condition.

Now it seems that, for me at least, there is a peculiar side effect with this specific substance, and that is I can no longer stand the smell (and even the thought) of alcohol. Since I came off the pills at the weekend I haven't touched a drop. I tried to have a glass of whiskey on Sunday night and almost threw up into the glass.

The smell was rancid, chemical, and totally unnatural.

It looks as though this specific drug has potentially rewired my neural circuits to give me a total aversion to alcohol.

Lets see how long it lasts. I am hopeful and to help me on my way I will be heading to one of the many cannabis dispensary's in town to purchase a bottle of CBD to help me on my (no doubt) long and winding road.

Here's to sobriety, that booze just ain't worth it!

Don't run before you can walk.It ain't that easy.Good luck.

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A couple of drinking alcoholics i know struggle to stop, basically they don't really want to, they can last a week max. One of those will likely be dead in a few years max

2 non drinking ex alcoholics i know say it has to go to real low before you can give it up 

This is true. Most dont want to quit. Its escapism from the real world. 

On 9/19/2023 at 7:36 AM, BritManToo said:

Now all you need is a specific drug to make your wife look attractive to you.

No ....... wait ......... that was alcohol .............

When you drink too much, they say you see pink elephants.

So maybe the alcohol was having that effect and now Bob will appreciate his woman again.

Hang in there Bob!

On 9/19/2023 at 7:30 AM, bob smith said:

yes. absolutely. 

but as of now the very thought of having a drink makes me ill.

It’s hard to stop drinking, until you try. Because of my meds I’m not allowed alcohol, so I don’t drink. And although I liked my glass of good wine once or twice a week, I don’t miss it at all. I believe that much of the time, you want to drink because you’re with friends who drink, you like the social aspect.

I have a friend who drank too much and stopped. After a few months he said he felt on top of the world, took up running daily, and is fighting fit. Just try.

I was waiting for the name of that transformational drug or whatever medication that doctor gave you?! To hear how it immediately eased all pain and kickstarted you on this road to sobriety is simple a secret that needs to be revealed to those struggling to kick the habit.  So what's the magic pill? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CenThai said:

I was waiting for the name of that transformational drug or whatever medication that doctor gave you?! To hear how it immediately eased all pain and kickstarted you on this road to sobriety is simple a secret that needs to be revealed to those struggling to kick the habit.  So what's the magic pill? 

Yes, he regales us with his tale of the potent elixir that he has never heard of and his scepticism, his research on the internet and its miracle effects but then refuses to let us know what it was. The more the thread goes on the more it smells of more BS.