Govt criticised after Miss Universe Singapore sets to combat human trafficking in Thailand

webfact

Ms Priyanka will represent Singapore at the international Miss Universe pageant in El Salvador on Nov 18.

She needs extra points for social engagements to convince the jury...

From business law to human trafficking is...a U-turn... 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Why are these girls getting these ugly oversized mouths.  They also seem to have 56 teeth.  Ridiculous  fashion.

It occurred to me that the girl on her right ( although one can only see half her face) is much prettier.

Anyway, I went online and searched for the images of the contestants.

Phwoar!

I have just reminded myself why I like living in South East Asia!

6 hours ago, Thorgal said:

Ms Priyanka will represent Singapore at the international Miss Universe pageant in El Salvador on Nov 18.

She needs extra points for social engagements to convince the jury...

From business law to human trafficking is...a U-turn... 

You left out the criminology part. Now, not so much of a u-turn, right?

Trafficking, even people fighting it are abused.

Officers working overtime, but dont get paid, they work for free. Rarely there is an overtime payment.

Working on national holidays, no extra pay. No restitution free day, for that day

MUST attend ceremonies, which they have quite a lot, in their own free time, like weekend, not payed.

MUST buy special colored clothes for some days to work in. Depending on what occasion and then can be blue, purple , green or what ever color to state the "special day". You have to buy it your self.

Rotating officers all over Thailand every 4 years.

If you are married with another officer, then one could be in north Thailand and the other in south Thailand. Happy mariage?!

You have to move yourself, no compensation or help and find your own place yourself again.

I know there are people even way more worse situations. Thats why you have the officers.

However Thailand has to be activated by force (from USA, EU) to work on it and thats a sad thing.

But there are more countries with those problems and I have no idea why a Singapore miss must battle that. Start in Malaysia then, it is closer by.

Amazing world.