Recovering sofa - recommendations

PJ71

Over on the Darkside, there's a shop that works on sofas & chairs.  I've only had a motorbike seat recovered by them but it wasn't over the top for pricing and their work held up for years. 

It's on Khao Noi between the train tracks and Top supermarket (same side). And there's a 2nd sofa repair shop just about 20 meters up the hill from the one shown.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9240522,100.9080141,3a,34.4y,158.82h,90.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0PtHg7j7vgA9tqHpPJwVlg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

• Thanks 1

FYI...Had all the sagging seat springs replaced years ago in USA, Old guy came to house to bid, his comment (which stuck) is only do it if the piece has good bones.. Mine were 25 yr old Natuzzi leather and heavy. Much of todays furniture is made from Particle board and not worth spending money on. Just a thought...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:

Getting it up the escalator is fine, the problem I have is strapping it to the bike.

my predictive reading thought sure this was going to read as  "strapping it to my back" ????

I think you will find it highly likely that this type of shop offers pickup and delivery.

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:

Getting it up the escalator is fine, the problem I have is strapping it to the bike.

Given Thais can get 4 on a bike seat I'm not sure why they'd need a sofa. Having said that you seem to have found a way to make a bike suitable for foreigners. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Never knew they offered that service there... bit of a bxxx-ache to get the sofa up the escalator I expect! 

I have a lovely new sofa/bed I can’t get a buyer for ( new in spare room) because of its weight and having to carry it down 4 floors and up again to whoever buys it. It’s heavy because of the folding bed mécanisme. So I have to get a removal company or buy a new sofa and they then take mine for free. Nuisance, never thought of the problem when buying  a few years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, rwill said:

They usually have elevators too.

Not sure where they are in this case, I have never used one in that mall and have been going there for 15 or more years. Possibly BigC and/or Homepro have some at the back for their own use. 

On 9/20/2023 at 7:23 AM, bbko said:

Over on the Darkside, there's a shop that works on sofas & chairs.  I've only had a motorbike seat recovered by them but it wasn't over the top for pricing and their work held up for years. 

It's on Khao Noi between the train tracks and Top supermarket (same side). And there's a 2nd sofa repair shop just about 20 meters up the hill from the one shown.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9240522,100.9080141,3a,34.4y,158.82h,90.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0PtHg7j7vgA9tqHpPJwVlg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

I used them too. They picked up the sofa at my home and delivered it again after two days.

Good job and good price.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1