Gordon Ramsay’s group set to open 14 restaurants in Thailand

webfact

I far prefer a nice thai cuisine restaurant, then to pay overcharged prices in some fancy western cuisine restaurant that is cheating on the prices. Considering the low wages of the staff locally, their prices that are often close to those in abroad, no way I'm going to give these people my money.

A bit like those cheating tailors on Sukhumvit who are now charging almost 50 bucks for premium grade cloth, bespoke shirts. Prices that are the same as the fine quality italian cut shirts,  one can purchase in Italy or elsewhere in Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I did mean KFC as an example of non Thai food , rather than specifically a KFC , I will amend my post for you 

"Rice and noodles 3 times a day gets rather repetitive after a few days and foreigners are often eating food other than rice and noodles within a week *

????????

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Didn't Jamie Oliver have a restaurant or restaurants in Thailand? How did that go? Maybe Gordon Ramsay could make a success of one or two restaurants if lucky, but 14 outlets? Guess he's not investing his own money but simply licensing (for a hefty fee no doubt), use of his name/brand to the Tanachira group. Perhaps his only potential loss is reputation.

And don't forget Stalone, Willys, & Swarzenegger and Planet Hollywood restaurant that was a huge flop as well !!!

stallone-willis-schwarzenegger.jpg

planet-hollywood-1991.r.jpg

3 hours ago, Goat said:

i have seen this clowns youtube videos of his trips to Thailand before.

Total cringe. He has no idea, and can not even handle mildly spicy food. 

Easy to come up with 'tasty' food in England which is famous foractually having terrible cuisine. The bar is set very low.

He only got popular on TV from the way he carries on like an old mole, whining about everything, not because his bland food is actually any good.

But Thailand cuisine is up there with the best in the world, Thai restaurants popular and numerous all over the globe, and numerous dishes make top 100s every single survey. 

Cant recall ever seeing a "English Restaurant" being popular. It tastes like krap, but blander.

Thais will think his food is tasteless, he doesnt know how to balance flavours, as proven by his old Thailand youtube content. Pepper and salt anyone?

What is English food? Pork pies, bangers and mash, fish and chips 555

The clown is famous for swearing.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You should go to Gordon Ramsey's new restaurant and tell him how to cook food , quite sure he would appreciate the advice on how food should be cooked 

Gordon won't be there. Probably swearing at a women somewhere else. If that clown yelled at me Id king hit him. The bloke is a clown show who can barely cook.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

What is English food? Pork pies, bangers and mash, fish and chips 555

The clown is famous for swearing.

There's me thinking you Aussie folk ate much the same as Brits.....????

You may be interested to know that Brits rather like Indian food more than anything else, as you know nothing about UK food, it seems......????

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Gordon won't be there. Probably swearing at a women somewhere else. If that clown yelled at me Id king hit him. The bloke is a clown show who can barely cook.

Yeh, riiiiiiiiight you would hit him.......????....................????

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, bignok said:

Well done…. You’ve moved up to a brown belt in ‘keyboard tough-guy’….  ⌨️????????????????

You’d punch GR for yelling at you ????????????????????????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Didn't Jamie Oliver have a restaurant or restaurants in Thailand? How did that go? Maybe Gordon Ramsay could make a success of one or two restaurants if lucky, but 14 outlets? Guess he's not investing his own money but simply licensing (for a hefty fee no doubt), use of his name/brand to the Tanachira group. Perhaps his only potential loss is reputation.

I was wondering this the other day .. sunk without a trace, right? I am unsure if all his chain restaurants didn't go the same way.

Who would go to a Ramsay restaurant and eat Fish and Chips?

1 minute ago, recom273 said:

I was wondering this the other day .. sunk without a trace, right? I am unsure if all his chain restaurants didn't go the same way.

Who would go to a Ramsay restaurant and eat Fish and Chips?

If you have seen the proposed menu, please post it here............:clap2:

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

That's the starters...........????

But, us Brits know there are Fish & Chip's, and there are Fish & Chip's....:whistling:....

Now I would expect GR to import Cod, Plaice and Skate, if he is going to be very British about it....:thumbsup:

Edited by transam
  • Like 1