90 Day Count Verification

I use an Android app (90 days report)  to calculate the correct filling dates. 

The online date for online filing is given by the app as: 

Arrival day                    Jul 12        (regturn from overseas trip)

Due date                       October 10

In Person                       Sept 26  --  Oct 17

Online                            Sept 26  --  Oct 10

When I manually count the dates, I get dates that are one day off.

Could someone please verify my math 

Edited by AAArdvark
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I use an Android app (90 days report)  to calculate the correct filling dates. 

The online date for online filing is given by the app as: 

Arrival day                    Jul 12        (regturn from overseas trip)

Due date                       October 10

In Person                       Sept 26  --  Oct 17

Online                            Sept 26  --  Oct 10

When I manually count the dates, I get dates that are one day off.

Could someone please verify my math 

July 12th is Day 1, and NOT Day 0 as is usual.

• Like 1

You add 89 days from the starting date, as the arrival date (or last report date) is Day 1

(This is even so if you get stamped into Thailand (for example) at 23:59)

Edited by MJCM
changed a word
  • Like 1

I keep all the dates re: Immigration 90 Day Reports and the last one I did it on 10th July and it's due on Sat 7th October.

And that date (7th October) is stamped into my passport

IMMI.JPG.6a83155f29fc4bd36bec669d9c3564ed.JPG

Edit: This is NOT online (as Online doesn't work for me) but by going to Immigration.

Edited by MJCM

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I keep all the dates re: Immigration 90 Day Reports and the last one I did it on 10th July and it's due on Sat 7th October.

And that date (7th October) is stamped into my passport

IMMI.JPG.6a83155f29fc4bd36bec669d9c3564ed.JPG

Edit: This is NOT online (as Online doesn't work for me) but by going to Immigration.

based on my experience the online system adds an extra day.

eg. last online I submitted was on 28-Feb-2023 at 07:53. it was approved same day with next report due on 29-May-2023, not 28-May as expected.

I can no longer do reports online and last in-person report was done on 05-Sep-2023 with next due date of 03-Dec-2023, as expected.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

That is IMHO weird, but I can't comment on that because ONLINE never worked for me.

Luckily it's not a problem because you have the 7 days after Due Date in which you can report without consequences (however YMMV ???? )

Edited by MJCM
Spelling Mistake

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

That is IMHO weird, but I can't comment on that because ONLINE never worked for me.

Luckily it's not a problem because you have the 7 days after Due Date in which you can report without consequences (however YMMV ???? )

probably a rookie programmer that doesn't know his onions. like the people I had the misfortune of working with before I took early retirement ????

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Thanks for your information.  With online there can be consequences because the online often takes a while to be accepted or no accepted at all.  This means there could be a rush to file in person.

4 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Thanks for your information.  With online there can be consequences because the online often takes a while to be accepted or no accepted at all.  This means there could be a rush to file in person.

AFAIK online has a limited time frame in where you can apply, so on or just before the last day you can't apply?

@DrJack54 Care to comment?

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

The post you quoted is correct.

If using a count date calculator

eg

"90 days from Aug 23, 2023

Want to figure out the date that is exactly ninety days from Aug 23, 2023 without counting?

Your starting date is August 23, 2023 so that means that 90 days later would be November 21, 2023"...

I selected Aug 23 as it was my most recent 90 report in person.

My receipt is not  Nov 21.

it's actually Nov 22.

Seems count date starts day after application.

90 days from Aug 23, 2023
Want to figure out the date that is exactly ninety days from Aug 23, 2023 without counting?

Your starting date is August 23, 2023 so that means that 90 days later would be November 21, 2023.

Edited by DrJack54

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

eg

Your starting date is August 23, 2023 so that means that 90 days later would be November 21, 2023"...

it's actually Nov 22.

Seems count date starts day after application.

No need to shout.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

eg

it's actually Nov 22.

here is what my 90  day app shows for Aug 23

Screenshot_2023-09-24-16-31-37-74.jpg

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed.

Every time I do a paste where last words are in enlarged and in BOLD font any type after that is same font. 

Not sure how to fix that. 

Select the whole reply (Control A), and change the size and boldness, before submitting.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

nope, it's completely justified. their date calculator is out by one day. if they'd done their job properly the OP wouldn't have become confused and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

also note that you didn't help him at all so don't have a go at me for having a bit of a laugh with MJCM about dodgy coders.

As MJCM pointed out, Immigration have always called the reporting or entry day. 'day 1' And they will have been doing so long before they decided to come up with an on-line system.

So when the criteria that they required was passed on to software geeks that was what they asked for. "Call the previous reporting day: day 1''

And that's exactly what they got. They complied with the customers requirements.

You can't blame the programmers for that can you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@AAArdvark

Just to be on the safe side use Day of Entry and then add 89 days to be sure when to do your "90" day report.

We (when looking at the last couple of years of data) seem to always go before the report date, because we live a bit of a distance away from Immigration and combine the trip to Immigration with a Shopping trip to the City.

I reported online last week. It took about 3 minutes. Much easier than booking a flight or hotel reservation.

Did it on the laptop using Chrome with no modifications. 

Maybe someone has a reason for worrying about 1 or 2 or 9 days as long as it's done within the dates window?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, amexpat said:

I reported online last week. It took about 3 minutes. Much easier than booking a flight or hotel reservation.

Did it on the laptop using Chrome with no modifications. 

Maybe someone has a reason for worrying about 1 or 2 or 9 days as long as it's done within the dates window?

did you use  this "https//extranet.imigration.do.th................................"  ?

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

@AAArdvark

Just to be on the safe side use Day of Entry and then add 89 days to be sure when to do your "90" day report.

We (when looking at the last couple of years of data) seem to always go before the report date, because we live a bit of a distance away from Immigration and combine the trip to Immigration with a Shopping trip to the City.

I guess the only solution is

for you to move.    5555

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office.

My bet is NOT CW..

Which brings up a question.  When it is submitted on line, who actually approves it?  Does it go to a central place or is it routed to a particular IO?

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

So I am not alone with this observation.

90 days added. And not a first time exception.

90days.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1