Russell Brand and why the allegations took so long to surface

Social Media

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

No it can't.  Some people say this all the time in defense of high profile men who've been accused.  Why do you guys do this?  Do you worry it might happen to you?  If you haven't done anything wrong, you need not worry.  I don't worry even a little bit.  And I've been with many, many women in my lifetime.  But the likes of Brand, Andrew Tate, et al, yeah, they should worry.

I don't worry about it because I'll never be rich enough to make it worth blackmail or a lawsuit, or influential enough that my enemies will seek out women from my past and pay them to destroy me.

Russell Brand and Johnny Depp...  They need to worry.  So do Rogan, Tate, and a bunch of other guys making waves.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Some of the allegations are just silly.

1. Allegation "He exposed himself to me"

2. Q: "Were were you at the time", A: "In the toilet with him"

All of the allegations (that I've seen) range from questionable to ridiculous. Ex girlfriends who claim he sexually assaulted them - but what makes that one incident different than the dozens or hundreds of times you've had sex? not the act itself - it was probably the same as many times before - just the context of them having a fight before or after it. They're literally picking the one time they had sex in a non ideal situation and blowing it up like it was some kind of assault - despite the fact that they continued the relationship with him after that "assault" - which a couple of them did, and another two did not continue because he dumped them. Women scorned can and do get crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

All of the allegations (that I've seen) range from questionable to ridiculous. Ex girlfriends who claim he sexually assaulted them - but what makes that one incident different than the dozens or hundreds of times you've had sex? not the act itself - it was probably the same as many times before - just the context of them having a fight before or after it. They're literally picking the one time they had sex in a non ideal situation and blowing it up like it was some kind of assault - despite the fact that they continued the relationship with him after that "assault" - which a couple of them did, and another two did not continue because he dumped them. Women scorned can and do get crazy.

So you consider the allegations outlined in this article to be "questionable to ridiculous"? How do you reach that conclusion?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66838794

It seems that you cannot differentiate between consensual sex and rape.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

So in a nutshell , if a Woman consents to having sex once , you should then be able to rape her anytime you like ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That is what he seemed to be saying 

It did not seem to me that he was saying that. 

I think he was saying that claiming sexual misconduct against someone you have been in an ongoing relationship, and that the relationship continued even after the event, might be a little curious. Then combine that with waiting years until the media contacts you about any possible misconduct that you could benefit from monetarily, it becomes suspect. 

Banging famous guys is great until they dump you, then? Not so much. 

Again, if it turns out he has forcibly raped someone, I support the death penalty. 

If it turns out he is guilty of any criminal activity, I hope he is prosecuted to the same extent any ordinary person would be. 

5 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Which incident are you referring to? The one where the woman visited a rape crisis centre on the same day she says she was raped by him, reported it there including leaving evidence which included her undies etc? Or the one you were responding to in the post, the office employee who was also not an ex girlfriend?

• Like 2

Yeah, I really can’t picture him as a sexual predator at all. Seems very much like a smear campaign and some people trying to cash in by selling a story to a tabloid like the one where he “exposed” himself to her and when you ask her where it took place then it’s the toilet cubicle of some pub or whatever, which begs the question, what is a “respectable” woman such as yourself doing in a cubicle with a guy? 

2 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Yeah, I really can’t picture him as a sexual predator at all. Seems very much like a smear campaign and some people trying to cash in by selling a story to a tabloid like the one where he “exposed” himself to her and when you ask her where it took place then it’s the toilet cubicle of some pub or whatever, which begs the question, what is a “respectable” woman such as yourself doing in a cubicle with a guy? 

That point was made above and replied to above 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Which incident are you referring to? The one where the woman visited a rape crisis centre on the same day she says she was raped by him, reported it there including leaving evidence which included her undies etc? Or the one you were responding to in the post, the office employee who was also not an ex girlfriend?

Having rough sex and then having a rape test done afterwards will almost always result in a rape positive test. Some women are so devious, they’ll just about do anything, including accusing you of rape, when they don’t get their way or you dump then. 

Did she go to the cops? Did she press charges right away? Guess not! So, why did she go to the rape center, but not to the cops on the day? Why did she wait several years? 

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes  ,as we are only on the second page , it wouldn't take much effort to read the posts , otherwise we all just have to keep repeating ourselves 

I just wanted to post what I wanted to post and that’s it. Didn’t come to read the rest. 

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Having rough sex and then having a rape test done afterwards will almost always result in a rape positive test. Some women are so devious, they’ll just about do anything, including accusing you of rape, when they don’t get their way or you dump then. 

Did she go to the cops? Did she press charges right away? Guess not! So, why did she go to the rape center, but not to the cops on the day? Why did she wait several years? 

"Having rough sex and then having a rape test done afterwards will almost always result in a rape positive test."

Can you provide a link to that claim and also where did you get the information that this is what happened?

11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So in a nutshell , if a Woman consents to having sex once , you should then be able to rape her anytime you like ?

If you had consensual sex on Monday, then again on Friday, that tryst you had on the Wednesday in between was probably consensual, too.  If she was raped on Wednesday, why would she willingly return on Friday?

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you had consensual sex on Monday, then again on Friday, that tryst you had on the Wednesday in between was probably consensual, too.  If she was raped on Wednesday, why would she willingly return on Friday?

"If she was raped on Wednesday, why would she willingly return on Friday?"

Her months of therapy did not include her returning to Brand on Friday.

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Me Too 2.0? 

Remember the original "Me Too" movement officially ended with Tara Reade. Up until then, it was "women must be believed!". 

Me Too quietly threw Tara Reade under the bus, in pursuit of a higher purpose.  Getting rid of the bad orange man.

Handy tool, that Me Too.  Pull it out when it serves your purpose, put it back in the wrapper when it doesn't.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

What is this guy's profession anyway?  He's supposedly a comedian, but spouting all these political theories and speculations is not comedy. Some of these guys who don't even try be funny anymore. There's a of few these comedians who come off like crusaders, telling the audience "what we must do now" etc.  Cue the ancient punch line: "what mean we, paleface?"

23 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More conspiracy nonsense.

Oddly, the media reporting allegations against Brand span the political spectrum.

It might just be, and I’m putting this out there, that the serious allegations against Brand are newsworthy, especially given he’s famous.

Not especially if he's not famous? 

Sounds like discrimination.

19 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

She went into the bathroom to get some medicine , Brand followed her in there and then locked the door and then got his knob out to and told her that he was going to "f*** her " with it 

Brand didn't go into the toilet to urinate , he went in there to have sex with the woman 

In that case, there must have been 3 people in there.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Haha 1