Russell Brand and why the allegations took so long to surface

Social Media

18 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

To tell someone to "shut up" is an insult.

It's not the first time his language has been derogatory either.

No, it's not. An insult is when you say something disparaging about a person - something personal and uncomplimentary about their character, appearance etc. Telling someone to shut up is brusque and possibly rude, but it's not an insult.

Also, the phrase "put up or shut up" is not the same as just telling someone to shut up straight out. It's a way of asking someone to justify or prove what they've said.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No, it's not. An insult is when you say something disparaging about a person - something personal and uncomplimentary about their character, appearance etc. Telling someone to shut up is brusque and possibly rude, but it's not an insult.

Also, the phrase "put up or shut up" is not the same as just telling someone to shut up straight out. It's a way of asking someone to justify or prove what they've said.

On forums like this, people seem to have lost the art of reading between the lines. This skill is required as, because forums are non vocal, one has to use other ways to ascertain tone of voice.

The poster to whom I replied had been using derogatory language towards posters disagreeing with him for some time.

Thus, tone of voice ascertained and comment taken for what it was. Maybe insult was the incorrect word as I didn't feel insulted but felt sympathy towards the person needing to resort to such comments.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

On forums like this, people seem to have lost the art of reading between the lines. This skill is required as, because forums are non vocal, one has to use other ways to ascertain tone of voice.

The poster to whom I replied had been using derogatory language towards posters disagreeing with him for some time.

Thus, tone of voice ascertained and comment taken for what it was. Maybe insult was the incorrect word as I didn't feel insulted but felt sympathy towards the person needing to resort to such comments.

This from a person who used the word “insult” when he didn’t feel insulted, but instead felt “sympathy” ???? attempting to lecture us on the skill of being able to read between the lines ☺️… a skill that he himself has failed to grasp. 
Your skill appears to be in digging deep holes and then jumping into them. 

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

This from a person who used the word “insult” when he didn’t feel insulted, but instead felt “sympathy” ???? attempting to lecture us on the skill of being able to read between the lines ☺️… a skill that he himself has failed to grasp. 

You can talk..............:coffee1:

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

Funny.

Edited by youreavinalaff

On 9/25/2023 at 5:05 PM, Bkk Brian said:

The one where the woman visited a rape crisis centre on the same day she says she was raped by him

You mean the same woman who was sleeping with him for months, got upset when he tried to instigate a threesome, had makeup sex with him, and then next day after the fact decided it was "rape" just because he kicked her out so he can bang the other woman? 100% that if he didn't kick her out and kicked out the other woman she wouldn't have backwards rationalized it as "rape".

Reminds me of that one incident where a couple was filmed having sex in public (I think it was a bank or ATM booth), then when the footage went public she filed rape charges claiming it was against her will - even though the footage clearly shows she was a very willing participant. She was willing to destroy the man's life just because she felt bad about the negative publicity.

Make no mistake- I am 100% against rape or any sort of violence against women. But I'm talking about real rape - women that use rape as a weapon to retaliate against a current bf or ex, or to avoid the moral consequences of their own depraved actions - are a slap in the face to real rape survivors.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

You mean the same woman who was sleeping with him for months, got upset when he tried to instigate a threesome, had makeup sex with him, and then next day after the fact decided it was "rape" just because he kicked her out so he can bang the other woman

That isn't what happened though 

13 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

You mean the same woman who was sleeping with him for months, got upset when he tried to instigate a threesome, had makeup sex with him, and then next day after the fact decided it was "rape" just because he kicked her out so he can bang the other woman? 100% that if he didn't kick her out and kicked out the other woman she wouldn't have backwards rationalized it as "rape".

Reminds me of that one incident where a couple was filmed having sex in public (I think it was a bank or ATM booth), then when the footage went public she filed rape charges claiming it was against her will - even though the footage clearly shows she was a very willing participant. She was willing to destroy the man's life just because she felt bad about the negative publicity.

Make no mistake- I am 100% against rape or any sort of violence against women. But I'm talking about real rape - women that use rape as a weapon to retaliate against a current bf or ex, or to avoid the moral consequences of their own depraved actions - are a slap in the face to real rape survivors.

Good post. 

Women who falsely claim rape should be jailed. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

No, you're confused or your making it up from somewhere

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Neither of us were there, we don't know what happened. Which is kind of the point - there is no actual proof there was a rape, beyond her calling it that (while scorned from being kicked out in favor of another woman).

Had that woman been named? 

4 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Neither of us were there, we don't know what happened. Which is kind of the point - there is no actual proof there was a rape, beyond her calling it that (while scorned from being kicked out in favor of another woman).

You weren't there , so you just made something up and stated it to be true ?

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You weren't there , so you just made something up and stated it to be true ?

I stated it as a more likely possibility than her story. Could be right, could be wrong - the point is there is a doubt and we shouldn't immediately assume a woman is telling the truth just because she claims she was a victim. Many complaints are false and it's just increasing in recent years (thank you Pound Me Too).

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I stated it as a more likely possibility than her story. Could be right, could be wrong - the point is there is a doubt and we shouldn't immediately assume a woman is telling the truth just because she claims she was a victim. Many complaints are false and it's just increasing in recent years (thank you Pound Me Too).

No the point is you made it up, simple really

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

OK, so you think that the Woman is lying and making a false claim . 

I think that she is telling the truth .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Seems to me that the problem is that when the accusations are false, the women making false claims are not punished for doing so. IMO any woman convicted of making a false complaint of rape should suffer the same penalty as the man would have if proven.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I wasn't no, but his versions of events in a new version that hasn't been suggested before , so unless he was there , he just made that version up 

I have a hard time remembering what I ate yesterday, so if people remember things wrongly I can empathise with that.

Even if he changed the story, it doesn't mean that he raped anyone.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have a hard time remembering what I ate yesterday, so if people remember things wrongly I can empathise with that.

Even if he changed the story, it doesn't mean that he raped anyone.

I was talking about the ASEANNOW poster making up a story , rather than Russel Brand changing his story , also , your memory capacity is irrelevant to this story

8 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was talking about the ASEANNOW poster making up a story , rather than Russel Brand changing his story , also , your memory capacity is irrelevant to this story

I did miss the relevant part of the post that indicated it was another poster and not Brand so apologies for that.

BTW, if only relevant comments were made on this forum, there wouldn't be much to read, would there? Also, I'm often the subject of attacks by other posters, but I don't recall you commenting as to how they are irrelevant!

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I did miss the relevant part of the post that indicated it was another poster and not Brand so apologies for that.

BTW, if only relevant comments were made on this forum, there wouldn't be much to read, would there? Also, I'm often the subject of attacks by other posters, but I don't recall you commenting as to how they are irrelevant!

It’s not all about you, you know?

Seriously, you need to remove the barriers that are curtailing your happiness. It’s all in the mind. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

It’s not all about you, you know?

Seriously, you need to remove the barriers that are curtailing your happiness. It’s all in the mind. 

There are a few posters who seem to think that everything is always about themselves , they seem to start every sentence with "I"

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 11:45 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

There are a few posters who seem to think that everything is always about themselves , they seem to start every sentence with "I"

Yes, and there are a few posters who seem to think that everything is always about other posters and not about the topic.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2023 at 7:22 PM, Neeranam said:

Good post. 

Women who falsely claim rape should be jailed. 

Here's another one:

Former MLB pitcher Trevor Bauer seems to be the victim of an old fashion succubus after text messages appear to show he never raped accuser Lindsey Hill.

Their sexual relationship appeared to be not only consensual but likely predatory on the part of Hill. In a video posted to Twitter, Bauer claims Hill sent messages to her friends devising a plan to take advantage of the former L.A. Dodger. He had no idea what was coming for him when he invited her to come over, but he should have.

Ruined his MLB career, chased him all the way to Japan to play ball, then...  The author reams him pretty good for listening to the small head, and rightfully so.  She was evil, but he should have known better.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/05/rooke-bauer-hill-message-sex-allegations/

48 minutes ago, impulse said:

Here's another one:

Former MLB pitcher Trevor Bauer seems to be the victim of an old fashion succubus after text messages appear to show he never raped accuser Lindsey Hill.

Their sexual relationship appeared to be not only consensual but likely predatory on the part of Hill. In a video posted to Twitter, Bauer claims Hill sent messages to her friends devising a plan to take advantage of the former L.A. Dodger. He had no idea what was coming for him when he invited her to come over, but he should have.

Ruined his MLB career, chased him all the way to Japan to play ball, then...  The author reams him pretty good for listening to the small head, and rightfully so.  She was evil, but he should have known better.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/05/rooke-bauer-hill-message-sex-allegations/

Indeed 

• Like 1