Trump breaks with McCarthy, pushing Republicans to shut down the government

Social Media

Just now, stevenl said:

"He wasn't elected to be nice to swampy people."

He is the ultimate swamp dweller.

In your opinion. In the opinion of others he is the only one with a chance of standing up to the swamp dwellers.

Given what I know about Washington, if I could I'd be voting for anyone that was against the establishment.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Stop giving billions away to foreign countries if you can't feed your own at home..

Do you give money to people you don't know, when you can't afford to feed your own family.  

Common sense would be ... ????

Yes, I do. When I see people in greater need than my family, I give them money, I'm not rich.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

None, he's a lying, lowlife grifter that fools people of low intelligence, disinfectant, fluorescent light, stollen election, Capital Hill insurrection, fraud? Are you for real TBL??? You can't be that naive, surely??? ????

Still trying to excuse yourself for not abiding by forum rules. If it's an opinion, make that clear.

• Confused 1

On 9/26/2023 at 1:23 PM, Jingthing said:

He wants to cut off funding to his multiple prosecutions.

His cult thinks he acts in America's interest.

He acts only in his own interest.

The greatest grifter the world has ever known.

Make it stop. 

IMO it is the sole responsibility of the GOP.

If they can't or don't want to stop Trump, then they will get what they deserve from the voters of the USA.

Dumped yet again, and banished to the wilderness.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2023 at 5:43 PM, ozimoron said:

Can funding a war against Russia wait?

No, because without funding from the US "and the rest of the west" Ukraine will be unable to fight effectively and will lose. Russia will win, and be able to dismantle a democratic European Country. The consequences to humanity will be significant, although that fellow McCarthy may hang on to the speakers chair for a few more weeks. 

Not for long though - Matt. Gaetz is moving in on that job....

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In your opinion. In the opinion of others he is the only one with a chance of standing up to the swamp dwellers.

Given what I know about Washington, if I could I'd be voting for anyone that was against the establishment.

Based on your posts, I gather you know very little about Washington and can name nothing Trump did to fight the swamp.

• Thanks 1

In case anyone thought the House freedom caucus isn't just scum there is this:

House thwarts hard-right push to gut Ukraine funding

House Democrats and Republicans teamed up to defeat a pair of proposals to gut Ukraine funding in annual defense spending legislation, though each vote showed sizable GOP opposition to continued aid for Kyiv.

Lawmakers rejected 104-330 an amendment from Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) to strip $300 million from the bill for the Pentagon to train Ukrainian soldiers and purchase weapons for Kyiv. A second amendment from Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) that would have barred security assistance to Ukraine failed in an even wider 93-339 vote.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/27/house-ukraine-funding-gop-00118550

• Like 1

21 hours ago, thecyclist said:

I assume you are a fan of the grifting clown. And while many of his supporters are undereducated (there is an inverse relationship between education and support for the ????,just like there is  with Thaksin), not all of his fans are halfwits/fascist..It is an almost inexplicable phenomenon that tens of millions of Americans can support such lying, cheating, all round hideous specimen of homo sapiens

Part of it is the bubbles created by modern media. 

Part of it is the result of 40 years of neoliberalism and hyper capitalism, that has left the working class in the dust, has let to a lot of resentment and anger at the establishment. So they voted first for a black guy ,who presented himself as anti establishment, and when he did not deliver on his promises, switched to the opposite, a white supremacist .

Part of it can be explained by research done by the Frankfurt school, a group of German Jewish intellectual ,that fled Nazi Germany, and tried to explain how the land of Beethoven,Kant, and Goethe could descend so fast into the barbarism of the Nazi. They found that there was a streak of authoritarianism in the German social character, that made them susceptible to fascist propaganda ,without actually being fascists.

Milgram studies replicated many of their results in his social experiments on obedience to authority, and showed that these tendencies were present in the American social character too.

So IMO,it's not about Trump being too much in the head of never Trumpers ,it's about mobilization of people around the world against an increasing trend towards authoritarianism or as the psychologist Eric Fromm called it, an escape from freedom. 

As you quoted me I have to assume you are calling me undereducated, which is a personal insult- something that does not surprise me from any poster on here that lambasts Trump supporters without understanding their motivation. I'm not a fan of any millionaire upwards, but I regard the current occupant of the Oval Office as a bumbling boob that is a bought and paid for member of the very establishment that got Trump elected in the first place on a protest vote.

IMO your post is a blend of arrogance And while many of his supporters are undereducated  and psychobabble Milgram studies replicated many of their results in his social experiments on obedience to authority, and showed that these tendencies were present in the American social character too.

To say It is an almost inexplicable phenomenon that tens of millions of Americans can support such lying, cheating, all round hideous specimen of homo sapiens without understanding the reasons millions of Americans chose him over the pants suited one is just superficial thinking IMO.

However, carry on with Trump in your head, and we'll see who gets to sit in the big chair next year.

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

No, because without funding from the US "and the rest of the west" Ukraine will be unable to fight effectively and will lose. Russia will win, and be able to dismantle a democratic European Country. The consequences to humanity will be significant, although that fellow McCarthy may hang on to the speakers chair for a few more weeks. 

Not for long though - Matt. Gaetz is moving in on that job....

Russia will win, and be able to dismantle a democratic European Country.

Democratic? Are you sure about that?

Russians get to vote too, but I doubt you'd call Russia "democratic".

Everything I've seen points to Ukraine being hugely corrupt, and isn't that one of the reasons the EU wasn't going to allow them to join the club?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As you quoted me I have to assume you are calling me undereducated, which is a personal insult- something that does not surprise me from any poster on here that lambasts Trump supporters without understanding their motivation. I'm not a fan of any millionaire upwards, but I regard the current occupant of the Oval Office as a bumbling boob that is a bought and paid for member of the very establishment that got Trump elected in the first place on a protest vote.

IMO your post is a blend of arrogance And while many of his supporters are undereducated  and psychobabble Milgram studies replicated many of their results in his social experiments on obedience to authority, and showed that these tendencies were present in the American social character too.

To say It is an almost inexplicable phenomenon that tens of millions of Americans can support such lying, cheating, all round hideous specimen of homo sapiens without understanding the reasons millions of Americans chose him over the pants suited one is just superficial thinking IMO.

However, carry on with Trump in your head, and we'll see who gets to sit in the big chair next year.

Crying often is a sure sign of weakness. Next time try and support your defense in a more mature manner.

21 hours ago, thecyclist said:

So IMO,it's not about Trump being too much in the head of never Trumpers ,it's about mobilization of people around the world against an increasing trend towards authoritarianism or as the psychologist Eric Fromm called it, an escape from freedom. 

I guess you watch different news reports to myself. Nothing I have seen resembles a "mobilization of people around the world against an increasing trend towards authoritarianism"

Apparently in the EU right wing governments are getting elected, not rejected.