Bringing wife back

Writing for a friend:

- Swiss national living in Thailand with a non O visa based on retirement.

- his wife is Indonesian, currently living in Indonesia. She used to stay here for a year with visa exempts and border runs. She almost wasn't allowed back in last time so decided to return to Indonesia. It's been almost 3 months. She is below 50 years old.

- They have 2 Children studying in Thailand.

How should my friend proceed to bring his wife back?

Can she be dependent of his retirement visa? What documents would she need?

I know she can also apply for parent of child studying here. She required to have I think 4-500k in an account for a month.

What would you gentlemen advise him to do? Try to do one of these 2 visas from Thai embassy in Jakarta?

Or try to come back tp Thailand with a visa exempt or tourist visa and apply for a long term extension here? Is it even possible? 

Sorry for all the messy questions 555, if more details needed, please ask.

Thank you all for reading.

• Like 2

My wife is Lao and lives here as my dependant.  His Indonesian wife will need a non-O visa (as @DrJack54has explained) from a Thai Embassy.  Another factor to consider when getting her added as his dependant, is he'll need a legalised/certified copy of the marriage certificate (unless they married in Thailand). 

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

she can be his dependant or can get visa as the tutor of one of the kids if studying in Thailand - the school will need to prepare some paperwork. Suggest him to get in touch with an Agency example Ernst and Young they will take care about her. I think she will need to contact Thai embassy in ID to get non-O visa then transformed into resident visa. Agency will tell him.

17 hours ago, Bangkok Alex said:

Thank you very much, do you know which visa she must enter on? Can it be exempt?

mine enter with a regular tourist visa, 17 years ago

Edited by Mavideol

4 hours ago, LOG54 said:

Unfortunately we lost Ubonjoe who was always nice, helpful and so much aware of all these points.

He was always answering (even for the 20th time at saamee question) being always courteous..

Have a great day.. Hope the answers given can help.. would be good to know if all got all right

RIP Ubon Joe..helped me out many times