Body of Russian tourist hit by speed boat at Koh Larn recovered

snoop1130

koh_larn.jpg

The body of a Russian tourist, who went missing after he and his Thai girlfriend were hit by a speed boat near the beach of Koh Larn in Pattaya Bay Monday evening, was found washed ashore on the island this morning (Wednesday).

Koh Ban Villagers on the island found a body, believed to be that of the missing Russian, lying on a rocky beach, about 70 metres from the scene of the boat accident at Tian beach, and alerted the local police.

The victim had sustained serious cuts on the neck and left shoulder, believed to have been caused by the propeller of the speed boat. The remains have been taken to the Police General Hospital in Bangkok for autopsy.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-09-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 7
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bbko said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the 2 victims inside a swim safe zone? Meaning the boat entered a cordoned off zone?

Does Tian beach have a swim safe zone? I think I swam at Tian once and had to have eyes on the back of my head to keep from getting run over!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Yes, and the amount of SangSom they have to drink to be able to pass is not as easily achieved as you might think!

That is actually true in training British submarine Captains, if you fail the test you are Never allowed to serve on a submarine again.

RIP Enrike Rakhman - an unfortunate way to end a holiday.

I wouldn't dare to swim where there are speed boats hovering around.

Under certain circumstances, it can be difficult to see a swimmer in the water.

(No, I am not condoning what happened)

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, already detained and charged. Just some young kid being called a captain!

Detained and charged mean nothing. Surat Mat-osod was jailed after a fatal boat accident in Krabi. Yet he got out in a couple years (or months) and went back to driving boats at Phuket. Who says you cannot rehabilitate criminals?!   Of course he did have another tragic & fatal accident in 2019. Who would have thunk it?  

Edited by Dcheech

19 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Detained and charged mean nothing. Surat Mat-osod was jailed after a fatal boat accident in Krabi. Yet he got out in a couple years (or months) and went back to driving boats at Phuket. Who says you cannot rehabilitate criminals?!   Of course he did have another tragic & fatal accident in 2019. Who would have thunk it?  

I answered a question. 

• Thumbs Up 1