Lopburi homeowners swing into action against monkey invasion

webfact

image.jpeg

Homeowners in Lopburi province are calling for assistance from authorities as they battle an ongoing monkey invasion. The primates are wreaking havoc, causing significant damage to the properties and possessions of Lopburi residents and homeowners who are living in fear.

A user on TikTok has highlighted the severity of the issue by posting a distressing clip of monkeys vandalising a home to the point where the occupants had to construct a metal cage and store their belongings in cupboards to keep them safe.

At 2.30pm today, September 27, one of the Lopburi community representatives, Khun Muay, owner of the viral clip, shared his ordeal with KhaoSod Online. He disclosed that the monkeys are wild and used to live in the nearby jungle, causing little to no disturbance to humans.

However, deforestation has forced these animals to invade human settlements, resulting in continuous damage to homes and properties.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of KhaoSod.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, edwinchester said:

If those vermin were destroying my home they wouldn't be around for very long.

You would go to jail!They are a protected species.

Monkeys are over here also but luckily not in great numbers(yet)

Our dogs chase them away when ever they get close so not a real problem here.

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

the primates are wreaking havoc, causing significant damage to the properties and possessions

The authorities be to take swift action and tell them to stop monkeying  around!!

I am sorry , I could not resist the cheap joke.

. I should be ashamed of myself, but sadly I am not. I need help. ????

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I'd kill the first monkey I'd see at my house.   I chase the pigeons with my drones.  

Local monkeys surfside have become a nuisance already.   They destroyed one of the gov't buildings, to the point, they abandoned it and worked elsewhere.

https://thairesidents.com/local/monkeys-take-over-prachuap-khiri-khan-town-hall/

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

There are only a couple thousand of them in Lopburi, nothing you couldnt handle.

We were in Prachuap yesterday and there were hundreds of them at the temple. People still feed them, so they multiply. Human made problem

• Thumbs Up 2

When I first came to Thailand I was amazed at the security bars and fences on low-cost housing units everywhere. I always assumed they must be a truly dishonest lot if break-ins and cat-burglary were such a problem.

Only after visiting Lopburi did I realise that,mostly, human burglars are not the problem......