Transgenderism 'a mental health disorder'

Social Media

7 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Find me something that says 12,13,14 year olds are getting full sex changes even in these clinics and you might have a point. I’m saying you can’t. 

You "Might " have a point?? I mean really why would anyone bother debating you after saying that. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Eleftheros said:

What is truly insane is the blind defense of child mutilation - however rare you think it is - and the relentless efforts by the media and other vested interests to normalize the idea of "gender fluidity" to exploit vulnerable children into thinking that they can magically change sex by having their body parts chopped off.

It is sick and evil. As is anyone who supports it.

Some FACTS for you.

Don't melt.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/aug/10/ron-desantis/transition-related-surgery-limited-teens-not-young/

You know what's sick and evil here?

Your lies.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

What is truly insane is the blind defense of child mutilation - however rare you think it is - and the relentless efforts by the media and other vested interests to normalize the idea of "gender fluidity" to exploit vulnerable children into thinking that they can magically change sex by having their body parts chopped off.

It is sick and evil. As is anyone who supports it.

Non of this was of the slightest concern to you until the Alt-Right switched from gay hating to transgender hating,

And you jumped across to the new line.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Non of this was if the slightest concern to you until the Alt-Right switched from gay hating to transgender hating,

And you jumped across to the new line.

You know nothing about me so the above post is pure drivel.

2 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I have no interest in self-styled "fact checkers" who deserve no more trust than whatever political party or agenda they serve. Citing them as an authority on anything represents a complete failure of critical thinking, whether deliberate or not.

There are many documented instances of confused children being mutilated for profit. There is the prominent case of Chloe Cole, a tragic girl who was put on puberty blockers at 13, mutilated through a double mastectomy at 15, and is now bravely throwing a light on the whole ghastly industry.

I just happen to believe the whole process is sick and evil, and if you disagree, well, that's your prerogative.

The we hope transgender hate fest is the invention of the Alt-Right.

Fact checkers are an inconvenience they’d rather you avoided.

You don’t have to do as you are being told.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

The we hope transgender hate fest is the invention of the Alt-Right.

Fact checkers are an inconvenience they’d rather you avoided.

You don’t have to do as you are being told.

More drivel. 

I don't even know what the "Alt-Right" is, though I'm guessing it's an American political term.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What is truly insane is the blind defense of child mutilation

So should male circumcision be banned? Or is that a parental right? What about Jews. Genital mutilation is OK if your religion calls for it?

Edited by Peabody
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

I use the adjective "mutilated" to describe castration, mastectomy and worse on the healthy bodies of confused children.

What adjective would you use?

I’d choose none because (one more time), it doesn’t happen. 
Let me try and put it in a way that even you might understand. 
Let’s imagine your child is diagnosed (by professionals who know what they are talking about) with schizophrenia. Your child requires fairly heavy duty drugs and eventually they require electric shock treatment. It’s very rare to impose that on children but in many instances it’s the only way and completely necessary. 
Are you denying your child essential treatment because YOU don’t understand it? Because it all sounds “a bit extreme “, because some politician has said it’s “not right”?

We are talking proper, diagnosed mental health issues and you are throwing in your opinion because you (an uneducated layman) don’t think it’s right. 
This is why we have professionals making these decisions, not keyboard warriors who think they know better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There are many documented instances of confused children being mutilated for profit. There is the prominent case of Chloe Cole, a tragic girl who was put on puberty blockers at 13, mutilated through a double mastectomy at 15, and is now bravely throwing a light on the whole ghastly industry.

Totally sick and demented. 

But "The medical professionals know best," they say.

I wonder if extreme left wokies will be saying the same thing if/when the medical community stops "affirming" their gender ideology and instead start treating it as a mental illness. 

Will they be like, "The doctors are right, trans is a mental health issue," I wonder? ???? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Totally sick and demented. 

But "The medical professionals know best," they say.

I wonder if extreme left wokies will be saying the same thing if/when the medical community stops "affirming" their gender ideology and instead start treating it as a mental illness. 

Will they be like, "The doctors are right, trans is a mental health issue," I wonder? ???? 

Nothing to do with extreme lefties.

Dreaming up scenarios to try and affirm your ‘lefty’ fixation isn’t helping your argument, whatever that happens to be.

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nothing to do with extreme lefties.

Dreaming up scenarios to try and affirm your ‘lefty’ fixation isn’t helping your argument, whatever that happens to be.

That's a bit rich, coming from someone who throws the term "Alt-Right" around at every opportunity.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

I don't even know what the "Alt-Right" is, though I'm guessing it's an American political term.

3 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

That's a bit rich, coming from someone who throws the term "Alt-Right" around at every opportunity.

Cool. Between yesterday and today, guess you edumacated yourself on "Alt-Right".

16 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

I have no interest in self-styled "fact checkers" who deserve no more trust than whatever political party or agenda they serve. Citing them as an authority on anything represents a complete failure of critical thinking, whether deliberate or not.

I just happen to believe the whole process is sick and evil, and if you disagree, well, that's your prerogative.

I agree that children under 18 should not have such surgery, unless there is some potentially fatal issue.

But, my understanding is that such surgeries are rare.

Edited by Danderman123

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I agree that children under 18 should not have such surgery, unless there is some potentially fatal issue.

What "potentially fatal issue" are you talking about? These are healthy children - or were, prior to surgery.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hang on a minute, I thought they were suffering a mental illness?

In which case how are they ‘healthy’?

They are physically healthy children. Given that, I'm asking the other poster what this "potentially fatal risk" is.

They are physically healthy children. Given that, I'm asking the other poster what this "potentially fatal risk" is.

Suicide. Is that fatal enough for you?

'Gender-affirming treatment remains a topic of controversy; of particular concern is whether gender-affirming treatment reduces suicidality. A narrative review was undertaken evaluating suicide-related outcomes following gender-affirming surgery, hormones, and/or puberty blockers. Of the 23 studies that met the inclusion criteria, the majority indicated a reduction in suicidality following gender-affirming treatment.....;   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10027312/

'If such an adolescent’s suffering is unbearable and cannot be relieved by medical or psychiatric therapy, surgery might make sense if the parents are in agreement and have adequate decision making capacity themselves. This would be a very rare case, though.  https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/06/18/is-there-a-right-age-to-change-ones-sex/few-adolescents-are-capable-of-making-a-decision-to-have-gender-transforming-surgery

Again though, this is decisions taken with professionals who know much more than you.

43 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Suicide. Is that fatal enough for you?

Well, I'm glad you agree with the premise in the OP that transgenderism is a mental disorder, which is what causes people to commit suicide, assuming they are not in terminal illness or unbearable physical pain.

The British judicial system describes it as " ... took his life while the balance of his mind was disturbed." A good description.

Undoubtedly there are "professionals who know much more than" I do, but that doesn't mean their recommendations are going to help, or are even offered in good faith.

Take the horrible story of the Tavistock Clinic in the UK, which was belatedly closed down for a litany of medical malpractices too extensive to detail, but notably including the indiscriminate use of the dangerous puberty blocker Lupron.

When reading accounts of how medical clinics like Tavistock will mutilate thousands of vulnerable children for personal gain,  I feel a mixture of nausea and anger, but I guess that attitude puts me in a minority round here.

On 9/28/2023 at 9:33 AM, Social Media said:

transgenderism "a mental health disorder

As children it was very typical to play "make believe"  

When someone has imaginary friends they are deemed schitzophrenic and medicated.  But somehow if " I identify" as another gender that is not a mental disorder.  I am sure if I said I identify as an Lion people would think I am crazy and I see precious little difference in a person who believes themself to be a gender other than defined by their chromosones than considering themselves to be a different animal than what is defined by their chromosones.  

May be an image of 3 people, zebra and text that says 'Painting a horse does not make it a Zebra Wearing a dress and putting on lipstick and saying you identify as a woman does not make you one either'

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1