Do any Farangs actually choose to live in Isaan?

Goat

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Plenty of farangs living in Issan in every province.

I have met hundreds over the years.

But every single one that i have met had followed their wife or girlfriend there, and if their wife had of been from another region they would have ended up wherever.

I have heard of a few who ended up there for work or Christian pushers but has anyone ever met a farang who chose to live there who wasnt attatched to a woman or for work?

Yea, me, as I couldn't leave because of the kid I was raising.  Or I would not have been there.

People worldwide live in areas other than their 1st, 2nd 3rd, 10th choice, when following their heart, or money.

Do you think I really wanted to work at Newark or Detroit airport.  Or even Philly airport ?   Hell no ... but that's where the money was at the time.

First moved to Udon Thani because GF/Wife's family lived there.  Realize that was a mistake pretty fast, wife part, and divorced quite fast, but stayed to raise the wee one.  She kept me busy, and 3 months a year O&A was enough, to not go insane, along with local outings, as much as possible.  Get along the edge of the plateau, and it's quite interesting.

Staying in the metro area, NO, boring as hell, except an afternoon lunch outing, or dinner after school pick up before heading back to the village's tranquility.  Which I even lived outside of that, and always do.

Once out of high school, we (new wife) were gone almost instantly.  Kid off to Uni.

I need to be near moving water, river or beach, and some nice hills, but most importantly, less congestion.  But not away from everything.  PKK is nice mix of everything.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Goat said:

Yes Bob, you have asked the right person having sampled over 100 there over the years.

If you like the quiet, polite, beautiful pale skin types you can not go past Nongkai as Big Nok recomended. 

Probably my favorites from Issan though you do get better in the northern region, specifically CM, CR and Lampang if white and polite is your thing.

In Mukdahan and Sakon Nakon you will find that dog is on the menu. I dont know if it is related but those girls from there have the smoothest silkiest skin in all of Thailand. Often interbred a few generations back with the Vietnamese which also might explain both the taste for dog and the silky skin. Black dog is favored for its taste.

Central Issan have many friendly beautiful girls, more of a Latte type skin tone, a little bow legged from working on the rice fields which also gives them pert behinds with almost a rubbery texture. 

Southern Isaan have the least attractive girls in my opinion, Burirum, Sisaket and Surin, very dark and with more Khmer mixed in so their facial features are not as good. But what they lack in looks they more than make up for in sexual appetite for Farangs. You will find a higher proportion of these girls in Pattaya Bars than from anywhere else. Dont be surprised if you are walking down the street and one pops out of nowhere and applies the squirrel grip to you. 

Ubon borders Cambodia but also Laos so you get more of a mixed bag of looks in Ubon. Many stunners there happy to meet someone like Bob.

Korat also gives you a bit of a mix as they have a large population of Central Thais that have crossbred with the Issan people. Some stunners.

Good luck Bob, not that you will need it in Issan. Take a stick, you will need it to fight them off.

sounds like paradise. 

i do like my girls white in complexion these days, but shhhh, dont tell that to my wife ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1