Why finding alien life in Universe is now 'only a matter of time'

Social Media

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

You talk about their bodies ... the answer is obvious and you answered it already , Their bodies go into your body if you eat it .

Their little spirits  go to ...?

Their little spirits go to? Aquarius, via Uranus.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

Brian Cox discusses this very question, and gives a number of possible reasons as to why alien life has yet to be discovered (if ever).  His personal favourite of them rather contradicts the OP, but, as he says, he'd be delighted to be proven wrong.  Because that's what science is all about.

(The link works, it just doesn't play in its own window).

Why haven’t we found aliens? A physicist shares the most popular theories. | Brian Cox

The Fermi Paradoxon ...very interesting ...

We did never recognize or discover Alien activity . Why not ?

Would Aliens discover Human activity ?

Probably not , the distances in open space are simply much too big .

8 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Life yes. Civilization maybe not.

Given that there are billions, if not trillions, of planets in the universe, I'd be interested in your reasons for believing that we are the only civilized species.

Of course that would involve accepting that not all life forms would resemble humans.

8 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

The Fermi Paradoxon ...very interesting ...

We did never recognize or discover Alien activity . Why not ?

Would Aliens discover Human activity ?

Probably not , the distances in open space are simply much too big .

IMO there is more to the laws of the universe than our primitive science has been able to discover, and an older intelligent species may have done so. Which means that we may actually be under observation to prevent us leaving the planet to spread our violence elsewhere.

Those that have read Dune know of what I speak regarding interstellar travel, though without needing spice. Apparently we use just a small part of our brain, so who knows what possibilities exist if we could use more of it.

In the universe, anything is possible, even if it is unknown to us humans that emerged from the caves a mere 50,000 years ago; just a blink of a cosmic eye.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, novacova said:

On the grand scale of things, it’s irrelevant. Because earth is a farm planet that the aliens propagated and when harvest time comes, at whatever mass bio weight is expected then they will haul the planet out to deep freeze for storage. Then when they get low on resources and hungry they will begin the thawing process.

There was a Quatermass series on TV many years ago that dealt with just such a premise. Whenever humans replicated to sufficient numbers they were harvested by means of a beam sent from their planet that transmitted human meat to them. Pretty good series too.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd be interested in your reasons for believing that we are the only civilized species.

Our planet has been relatively (in cosmic terms) stable for 4 billion years. Apparently that is unusual. Even given the numbers game. 

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Our planet has been relatively (in cosmic terms) stable for 4 billion years. Apparently that is unusual. Even given the numbers game. 

While I will not disagree with that, in the entirety of the universe I'm pretty sure there are a few other planets been stable for some billions of years. It's not like we can look at every planet in this galaxy, let alone the universe to know different.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I will not disagree with that, in the entirety of the universe I'm pretty sure there are a few other planets been stable for some billions of years. It's not like we can look at every planet in this galaxy, let alone the universe to know different.

This is the chimpanzees and typewriters philosophy. I prefer to  go with Brian Cox. No, not the actor.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that there are billions, if not trillions, of planets in the universe, I'd be interested in your reasons for believing that we are the only civilized species.

Of course that would involve accepting that not all life forms would resemble humans.

Any civilized aliens out there might not agree with the notion that, we are civilized at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, nauseus said:

Any civilized aliens out there might not agree with the notion that, we are civilized at all.

I think I mentioned that already, but I certainly agree that it's sometimes hard to regard us as civilized. Humans have been around for 50,000 years and we still regard killing each other as a legitimate way to live eg Ukraine.

22 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Brian Cox discusses this very question, and gives a number of possible reasons as to why alien life has yet to be discovered (if ever).  His personal favourite of them rather contradicts the OP, but, as he says, he'd be delighted to be proven wrong.  Because that's what science is all about.

(The link works, it just doesn't play in its own window).

Why haven’t we found aliens? A physicist shares the most popular theories. | Brian Cox

Excellent post, I mentioned this earlier but I had read about it only on the web while looking for something else, for the life of me I can't remember what.

Brian Cox explains it all brilliantly imho. Thanks.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I just think he knows more about this than, say, you do????

Irrelevant. The light from some far away galaxies takes many light years to reach earth, so what is happening there now is unknown.

Would seem strange to claim that intelligent life is absent when there is no way to tell in real time if it does or not.

That some apparently think that we are the only possible intelligent life in the universe sounds like something a religious person in the Dark Ages would believe.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:16 AM, pacovl46 said:

there’s flying objects on earth that can do maneuvers that are simply impossible for anything man made

they are drones...with 48 wars on this planet why would you not use drones?

On 10/7/2023 at 11:45 AM, wombat said:

they are drones...with 48 wars on this planet why would you not use drones?

They're not drones because they can do maneuvers that are simply impossible for anything man-made. We don't have objects that can turn in any direction mid flight at full speed at any angle they want. Every single flying object we ever made turns in curves. Also, the objects im talking about are much, MUCH faster. We're talking coverung 30 miles in more or less a second. Watch the David Fravor episode of Joe Rogan's podcast. Fravor is a military pilot. 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2023 at 2:43 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO there is more to the laws of the universe than our primitive science has been able to discover, and an older intelligent species may have done so. Which means that we may actually be under observation to prevent us leaving the planet to spread our violence elsewhere.

Those that have read Dune know of what I speak regarding interstellar travel, though without needing spice. Apparently we use just a small part of our brain, so who knows what possibilities exist if we could use more of it.

In the universe, anything is possible, even if it is unknown to us humans that emerged from the caves a mere 50,000 years ago; just a blink of a cosmic eye.

The claim that humans use only a small portion of their brain has long since been debunked. And it never made much sense. How would it make evolutionary sense for an organ that uses so much energy to grow so large if most of it was not used?

"The notion that a person uses only 10 percent of their brain is a myth. fMRI scans show that even simple activities require almost all of the brain to be active."

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321060#takeaway

"The brain requires a tremendous amount of energy to do its job. While it only represents 2 percent of the body mass of the average adult human, the brain consumes an estimated 20 percent of body’s energy supply. " 

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/news/story/study-sheds-new-light-on-brains-source-of-power#:~:text=The brain requires a tremendous,percent of body's energy supply.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1