Trump co-defendant pleads guilty in Georgia election case

Social Media

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

A Trial in Trump’s Georgia Elections Case Will Start Soon — Without Trump

Oct. 4, 2023

The first trial may also provide clues as to how the former president will fare when his turn before a jury comes. And Mr. Trump’s Atlanta lawyer, Steven H. Sadow, will be watching closely.

(un-affiliated attorney) Mr. Adams said that in cases with many defendants and staggered trials, defense lawyers like him have the advantage of getting a preview, in the first trial, of the prosecution’s strategies.

“I’m sitting in the back of the courtroom, I can see what’s presented, I can see what the witnesses have said, I can see what their arguments are,” he said. “I get to tailor my defense and my arguments for when we strike up trial No. 2.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/04/us/trump-wont-be-on-trial-in-georgia-case-this-fall-but-his-presence-will-be-felt.html

https://archive.ph/wib1i

Yes, a preview is a big help. The evidence however will overwhelm his lawyers and is why he most likely will  be found guilty. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 5:30 AM, jerrymahoney said:

A Trial in Trump’s Georgia Elections Case Will Start Soon — Without Trump

Oct. 4, 2023

The first trial may also provide clues as to how the former president will fare when his turn before a jury comes. And Mr. Trump’s Atlanta lawyer, Steven H. Sadow, will be watching closely.

(un-affiliated attorney) Mr. Adams said that in cases with many defendants and staggered trials, defense lawyers like him have the advantage of getting a preview, in the first trial, of the prosecution’s strategies.

“I’m sitting in the back of the courtroom, I can see what’s presented, I can see what the witnesses have said, I can see what their arguments are,” he said. “I get to tailor my defense and my arguments for when we strike up trial No. 2.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/04/us/trump-wont-be-on-trial-in-georgia-case-this-fall-but-his-presence-will-be-felt.html

https://archive.ph/wib1i

And as evidence and testimony against Trump are presented to the court and the cameras your lawyer can sit at the back of the court room and say nothing.

Trump will not be represented as these evidence and testimony are written into the court records and the public discourse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And as evidence and testimony against Trump are presented to the court and the cameras your lawyer can sit at the back of the court room and say nothing.

I'm not sure why you said "your lawyer" instead of "his lawyer", but I'll say it once again:

I don't really care what is the outcome of all these criminal indictments and trials as long as Trump does not again become President.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I'm not sure why you said "your lawyer" instead of "his lawyer", but I'll say it once again:

I don't really care what is the outcome of all these criminal indictments and trials as long as Trump does not again become President.

Sorry, it was the unaffiliated attorney whose opinion you introduced.

Your opinion on the point I made would nice to hear.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry, it was the unaffiliated attorney whose opinion you introduced.

Your opinion on the point I made would nice to hear.

What opinion? Ms. Powell has pleaded guilty. Chesebro per reports just yesterday has rejected a plea deal. So at least for now, a Trump lawyer could sit in the back of that trial if it stays on schedule.

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

What opinion? Ms. Powell has pleaded guilty. Chesebro per reports just yesterday has rejected a plea deal. So at least for now, a Trump lawyer could sit in the back of that trial if it stays on schedule.

This opinion:

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump will not be represented as these evidence and testimony are written into the court records and the public discourse.

14 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I did. At least as of this moment, the Chesebro trial is on schedule. He has per reports rejected a plea deal. If it does go ahead, Trump lawyers can sit in the back and hear the evidence presented against Chesebro.

And have zero opportunity to challenge any of it as it is presented live on camera to the nation.

That’s a loss to Trump who wishes to play this out in the court of public opinion.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And have zero opportunity to challenge any of it as it is presented live on camera to the nation.

That’s a loss to Trump who wishes to play this out in the court of public opinion.

As many court observers have written, the same evidence as would be presented at the Chesebro trial would be much the same evidence to be used at Trump's eventual trial. They just get a sneak preview. Not that they can challenge anything.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

As many court observers have written, the same evidence as would be presented at the Chesebro trial would be much the same evidence to be used at Trump's eventual trial. They just get a sneak preview. Not that they can challenge anything.

Sounds just what a lawyer would use as a ploy. Lawyer speak, is just all it is. Don't be fooled as the overwelaming amount of evidence is going to be impossible to defend. 

Edited by earlinclaifornia

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s no compulsion to take a plea deal.

Why not...people do it all the time....even innocent, overcharged defendants. Why would/should Powell go bankrupt fighting bogus RICO indictment in corrupt dem Fulton county with misdemeanors on the table that can't even get her dis-barred in Texas.

Edited by illisdean
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

This forum needs an alternative forum, where the Trump fan boys can continue to live the dream. Would keep the clickbait going. Could call it AQnon forum. There we can get rid of all facts and post whatever

You seem triggered by something with your "AQnon" confusion? Does this have something to do with subject of the thread?  This the best you can do?

Care to share the reason for your butt-hurt?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

It was you that implied Powell accepted the plea deal, but was innocent, straight out of the AQnon playbook. 🤡

Just pushing back on the falsehoods posted.

When you releasing the Kraken?

Where did I say Powell was innocent, specifically and also can you provide a link or produce documentation of the "AQnon playbook"...I'll wait.

Paraphrase: "Why not...people do it all the time....even innocent, overcharged defendants."

I am only responsible for what I said, not what you think I said or want to hear thru a biased filter (maybe it's in this thing you euphemistically refer to as the "AQnon playbook".

This is the first I have heard the term AQnon". What is that exactly?

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Why not...people do it all the time....even innocent, overcharged defendants. Why would/should Powell go bankrupt fighting bogus RICO indictment in corrupt dem Fulton county with misdemeanors on the table that can't even get her dis-barred in Texas.

Powell’s a lawyer, she knows a good plea deal when she sees it.

I look forward to you proving evidence that the indictments against her handed down by a Grand Jury are bogus.

• Thanks 2