Homeless destitute

For every American abroad, the US Embassy can provide a Repatriation Loan.  This is money lent to purchase a one-way flight back to the US as well as enough for food and sometimes lodging until departure.  

This is a loan, and the US will chase you down for it, and will place a restriction on your passport until it gets repaid.

Why don't these homeless & destitute citizens take advantage of this?  Seems like the govt of Philippines or Thailand would want to get these non-productive vagrants back to their own countries.

• Like 1

I have watched a resent YouTube of a guy up in Issan who's wife died in 2 days of going to a hospital, He has been making vids of the funeral rights at their home, he is/was suffering from Dengue fever and his wife gave birth to twins just months before her death. He has warned everyone to get the vaccine. 

very sad to watch and he is relatively young.  :saai:

• Like 1

I saw the same series of Youtube vids about the guy in Cebu. I think his name was Phil? From the UK as I recall.  

I think the difference that people see with homelessness of foreigners abroad vs. in their home countries is one of choice. The vast majority of homeless foreigners in SE Asia  got caught thinking with the little head rather than the big one. Got involved with the wrong woman and lost all their money/property.  This seems less, well, forgivable than people who struggle in their home country.  They WERE doing will until decided to throw away all their money on their latest young female conquest.  IF they had stayed in their home country they could have had a decent, if unexciting, life. 

• Like 1

Phillippines is great for down and out stories. cambodia does not seem to vlog as much.

my favorite channel years ago was "my phillippines interest" with frank battaglia. i think its gone now.

cambodia gets worse then phillipines i think with more addict stuff and "deathpats". phillippines seems to be more just destitute types.

Edited by JimTripper

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Ages 52-67 have been amazing for me, before that it was all very dull and ordinary.

Becoming homeless can happen to any man, especially during divorce in the west.

But now we're in Asia where we can't own property, many guys are risking homelessness by putting their home in a local woman's name.

We're just one domestic dispute from being homeless!

Maybe i should copy u then

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

We're just one domestic dispute from being homeless!

It does not take a dispute. More like your partners parents getting older and needing money. Something thats going to happen most of the time.

Edited by JimTripper

On 10/2/2023 at 4:00 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Yes maybe these were just thugs that decided a homeless farang would be a good target then again they might not have known the sleeping guy was not Filipino?

I really feel sad though someone like him is forced to sleep in a street in Cebu with rats and vermin, 

I'm thinking of starting a Welfare type of service for foreigners if & when I move to Thailand or Philippines

A volunteer type Welfare service that can provide counselling for alcohol , homelessness and helping farangs who are going it tough 

It will give me something to do in Asia when I retire 

Don't forget your work permit ????

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I saw the same series of Youtube vids about the guy in Cebu. I think his name was Phil? From the UK as I recall.  

I think the difference that people see with homelessness of foreigners abroad vs. in their home countries is one of choice. The vast majority of homeless foreigners in SE Asia  got caught thinking with the little head rather than the big one. Got involved with the wrong woman and lost all their money/property.  This seems less, well, forgivable than people who struggle in their home country.  They WERE doing will until decided to throw away all their money on their latest young female conquest.  IF they had stayed in their home country they could have had a decent, if unexciting, life. 

But it's also to do with the types of racist violence you see in the west. It's easier to beat up on easily identifiable vulnerable minorities, than actually face off against the establishment where the abuse that affects your own life comes from. Kick an immigrant or someone racially identifiable, but never even argue with your 'betters', much less kick them. Those types don't have the spine for that.

Gays get it as well. And Jews wearing their little caps.

Just easy targets for losercowards to dump bad feelings. 

Edited by BusyB
  • Love It 1

On 10/2/2023 at 8:45 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I won't post the links but I love watching the farang  YouTuber lately in the Philippines,

now several of late , have had homeless farang being interviewed.

one old guy sleeping on a mattress last week in Cebu Philippines,old English guy  , he got bashed and robbed one night ,3 thugs bashed him in the street and broke his teeth 

he is trying to sell food 

I won't post the link but I think it was YouTube "living abroad" 

the second one was a American guy who was destitute as he couldn't get access to his 401k in America and had no bank account in America he was being interviewed by a YouTuber in Duamagette 

"Every man has a story" 

I really felt like crying though on the first one ,what kind of Filipino guys would bash and rob a homeless farang 

this is where I get scared and continue to work overtime even at 62  , I don't want to end up destitute on the streets of Asia whether that be Philippines or Thailand 

on another note I was enthralled to see YouTuber Geoff carter back in Thailand after a 5 year absence looking obviously a lot older but he makes me happy watching it ,smiling waving 

YouTubers can make me happy and sad but I love them especially at my age , I really feel sad though to see people who lost everything and have no where to go except a dirty street 

wasn't there a welfare services in Pattaya called The Samaritans,is that still around?

Apparently Cambodia is the same homeless farangs , I hope people can show empathy

why isn't their Consulate doing??

You must be wealthy and well-to-do, correct?  The fickle winds of fate will never blow in your direction and your ???? smells like ????
In the meanwhile it is soooo much fun and entertaining watching the suffering of other humans on Youtube as you congratulate yourself for living in the rarefied air of your own perceived status. 

Jesus - have some freaking humility.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2023 at 8:45 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I won't post the links but I love watching the farang  YouTuber lately in the Philippines,

one old guy sleeping on a mattress last week in Cebu Philippines,old English guy  , he got bashed and robbed one night ,3 thugs bashed him in the street and broke his teeth 

the second one was a American guy who was destitute as he couldn't get access to his 401k in America and had no bank account in America he was being interviewed by a YouTuber in Duamagette 

"Every man has a story" 

I really felt like crying though on the first one ,what kind of Filipino guys would bash and rob a homeless farang 

this is where I get scared and continue to work overtime even at 62  , I don't want to end up destitute on the streets of Asia whether that be Philippines or Thailand 

on another note I was enthralled to see YouTuber Geoff carter back in Thailand after a 5 year absence looking obviously a lot older but he makes me happy watching it ,smiling waving 

YouTubers can make me happy and sad but I love them especially at my age , I really feel sad though to see people who lost everything and have no where to go except a dirty street 

wasn't there a welfare services in Pattaya called The Samaritans,is that still around?

Apparently Cambodia is the same homeless farangs , I hope people can show empathy

He ‘broke his teeth’ in a “motorcycle accident”, is what he said. Will be interesting to hear if he takes up either of the offers given to him. I suspect not, but I hope he’s true to his word and gives it a go, moving onwards and upwards. 

On 10/2/2023 at 7:15 AM, georgegeorgia said:

"Every man has a story" 

"I don't want to end up destitute on the streets of Asia whether that be Philippines or Thailand"

This is very scary... and very unfair for Asia whether that be Philippines or Thailand. No wonder Thailand immigration is tightening the screws.