PM Srettha aims to lift Thailand to upper-income status in four-year soar

webfact

lol, so the workers who earn 10k baht/months will soon earn around 100k baht/month. Well, Thailand has a lot of reserves, so who onow how long they can do this ????????????

Edit: 100k baht/month, would only give them an average salary. I would say at least 200-300k baht/month is needed.

Edited by DjSilver
  • Confused 3

«Four year plans» I think I can recall a little from history lessons in school where a few other countries also had «4 year plans». If my memory serves me right it wasnt of the most economic succsesfully countries that had such plans….????????

2 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

«Four year plans» I think I can recall a little from history lessons in school where a few other countries also had «4 year plans». If my memory serves me right it wasnt of the most economic succsesfully countries that had such plans….????????

It doesnt have to, it just looks good for headlines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The middle income trap is hard to overcome. But kudos for trying .

The trap is that departing the middle income range makes wages too high to compete with low income countries , but does not have yet  sufficient innovation and highly skilled personnel to compete effectively with upper tier economies. 

So aside from economic policies to raise wages, he also need to institute policies toward education and the "Mi pen rai" cultural attitude. 

( Impossible to do in four years)

Both those policies come with their own unforeseen consequences.  

It is really ,Macroeconomics 101 , but I wish him good luck. 

If he is successful it would not be very good for most of us here, because most of us earn our income outside Thailand and the rising tide will not lift our boat.  

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2