Reliable KTM service in Bangkok?

Since a couple of years I own a KTM Duke 390.

In general, I am happy with the bike. But because all is electronic, KTM is necessary to service that bike.

The KTM importer from which I bought the bike does not exist anymore in Thailand.

And other KTM service centers are not according to the standard which I expect.

I.e. I had my bike serviced at a KTM shop near Asoke. After the service it sometimes didn't start anymore with the first press of a button. Then it got too hot. I brought it back to them and they (said) they checked it, and they didn't find any problem.

After that it didn't get too hot anymore, but the red oil warning light was sometimes on. And sometimes a big red warning about the oil pressure.

So, I brought the bike back to the shop and explained to them the problem.

Today, almost a week later, I visited the shop again. They told me they didn't see any problem. But they also didn't think that maybe they should contact me and update me.

They suggested I should use the bike again and return if there is a problem again.

I rode the bike for not even a km and the red oil light was on again.

I asked the shop again and they told me I should come back in a week, their KTM technician is on holiday.

For them the red oil warning seemed to be a minor problem like a not working indicator or something like that. When I tried to point out to them that the engine could be (fatally) damaged without oil pressure they somehow didn't think that is important...

After that experience it's time to look for a new KTM service center.

Does anyone here can recommend a place in Bangkok?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, XB12X said:

You don't need a KTM garage to service a 390. Any competent mechanic can do it.

A mechanic does mechanic work.

The "problem" with the KTM Duke 390 is that a lot of things are electronic, i.e. electronic throttle control. 

The warning light might be a defect sensor or cable connection, or even a software problem. 

KTM uses computers to analyze such problems. At least if they have competent people in the shop. 

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Since a couple of years I own a KTM Duke 390.

In general, I am happy with the bike. But because all is electronic, KTM is necessary to service that bike.

The KTM importer from which I bought the bike does not exist anymore in Thailand.

And other KTM service centers are not according to the standard which I expect.

I.e. I had my bike serviced at a KTM shop near Asoke. After the service it sometimes didn't start anymore with the first press of a button. Then it got too hot. I brought it back to them and they (said) they checked it, and they didn't find any problem.

After that it didn't get too hot anymore, but the red oil warning light was sometimes on. And sometimes a big red warning about the oil pressure.

So, I brought the bike back to the shop and explained to them the problem.

Today, almost a week later, I visited the shop again. They told me they didn't see any problem. But they also didn't think that maybe they should contact me and update me.

They suggested I should use the bike again and return if there is a problem again.

I rode the bike for not even a km and the red oil light was on again.

I asked the shop again and they told me I should come back in a week, their KTM technician is on holiday.

For them the red oil warning seemed to be a minor problem like a not working indicator or something like that. When I tried to point out to them that the engine could be (fatally) damaged without oil pressure they somehow didn't think that is important...

After that experience it's time to look for a new KTM service center.

Does anyone here can recommend a place in Bangkok?

Thanks

did you google it I am showing that there is a Ktm Praram5 - service center in Bang Khun Kong or is that the one that closed?

All the google pics are a year old so not sure.

also you might contact 

KTM BKK

+6602318010

2222 New Petchburi Road, Bangkok, 10310

They should be able to help you

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

did you google it I am showing that there is a Ktm Praram5 - service center in Bang Khun Kong or is that the one that closed?

All the google pics are a year old so not sure.

also you might contact 

KTM BKK

+6602318010

2222 New Petchburi Road, Bangkok, 10310

They should be able to help you

Sure, I googled it.

I was in the Rama 5 place a couple of years ago for one service. I was not impressed.

One thing I remember is that they wanted to use cheap engine oil. I asked them: What oil is recommended in the service manual? Why don't you use that?

It seems that confused them that someone would want to spend more than 200B on oil...

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, I googled it.

I was in the Rama 5 place a couple of years ago for one service. I was not impressed.

One thing I remember is that they wanted to use cheap engine oil. I asked them: What oil is recommended in the service manual? Why don't you use that?

It seems that confused them that someone would want to spend more than 200B on oil...

aw but canthey fix the electric.  Is thre not a ktm dealer in town that you can ask

• 1 month later...