British man recounts shocking encounter with racist Russians in Phuket

webfact

9 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

The guy who faced racism was because he was black NOT because he was british.

That whole 'that's not a race so it isn't racist' plays straight from the racist handbook. They love to trot it out. 

You sound like a teenage girl and a real angst  driven activist, you need to calm down. Are you even in Thailand?

16 hours ago, bignok said:

So go elsewhere no Russians

I would prefer the Russians go elsewhere, maybe Russia. They are bullies and backwards Neandertals. I would hope they kept a lower profile in Phuket, as they are guests.. but there is a likelihood their numbers give them confidence. 

17 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

I don't like Rap either.

16 hours ago, watchcat said:

Nobody does.

Somebody does, otherwise I would not hear it being played loudly on loudspeakers by people walking by my house, riding bicycles by my house, and driving by my house, as much as I do.   

But, since it is the U.S. of A., there are people who like it.   Strangely enough, none of my black neighbors like it either!   Everyone that goes by my house listening to it are white!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

It seems to me that black people everywhere are looking to be a victim now.Most normal people are sick to the back teeth with their moaning.

I personally have encountered this treatment across Europe,so what ,there are a million restaurants in Phuket,move on.

All this complaining about so-called racism will eventually come back to bite you on the axxx.

You misspelled axx!   ???? 

Police - Grammar - To Correct and Serve.jpg

• Haha 1

If I were lucky enough to find a restaurant / bar that was accommodating enough to allow me to play most / part / any, of one of my playlists through their hi-fi system, in their restaurant, I would be delighted. I would also fully understand them wanting to play something other than my music whenever they chose.

Different for me I guess, because I am fortunate enough not to possess a sense of entitlement, and as a white caucasian I can’t pull out the race card every time I don’t get my own way.

17 hours ago, watchcat said:

Nobody does.

I do. I love rap. In particular I love 80's and 90's gangster rap.

What I don't love is entitled idiots like the Brit in this case. What was he expecting? Everyone take the knee and apologize for their whiteness? A free meal as an act of reparation? Ask him to sign their copy of White Fragility? You're not in Islington now pal. If you don't like menus in Russian and Russian music maybe it's best to avoid Russian restaurants... Just a thought...

18 hours ago, geisha said:

I stayed 3 months in Kata Beach last year to visit my Thai and foreign friends. I lived there 20 years in the 80s till 2000. 

Then you should also know that there are a lot of Brits / Aussies who have businesses and cater for their nationalities too. Not always the silent types btw.

Edited by FritsSikkink

21 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Quite intriguing in Thailand, as we often see aged farangs (with Thai wives). These farangs often can be ridiculous racists and make sultry comments against other foreigners. Some sort of a way to ease their own complex for being married to a Thai maybe.

'We often see'? Who are 'we'?

M-A-G making assumptions about other foreigners, or 'farangs' as he calls them..... making ridiculous statements, (not to mention his), just because they are married to a Thai lady?

Suggest he 'grows-up' and contributes in an adult manner.

'We', are not amused!

• Haha 1

Quite confusing to come from one of the most racist countries in Europe and meet racist Russians. I remember colored Brits reporting that the day after the Brexit referendum result in 2016 they were jeered by white Brits telling them to go back to their own country. Avoiding Russians in Phuket should be a breeze.

Why let Russians stop you from visiting Thai relatives in Thailand?

On 10/3/2023 at 9:31 AM, Middle Aged Grouch said:

These farangs often can be ridiculous racists and make sultry comments against other foreigners.

I don’t know your nationality, but English is obviously not your first language; however, that notwithstanding, the translation app you are using is hilariously hopeless, so I suggest you try an alternative one.

26 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That isn't true , anyone doing that would have been arrested for race hate offences 

It was well reported at the time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36634786

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/racist-incidents-feared-to-be-linked-to-brexit-result-reported-in-england-and-wales

Google is your friend. Use it before calling people liars. 

Edited by Purdey
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Purdey said:

It was well reported at the time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36634786

Google is your friend. Use it before calling people liars. 

Lots of bitter  Remainers posting things on Twitter reported by the equally bitter Remain BBC that may or may not have happened . 

The Left wing Remainers  often make things up or make racist posts and blame others for it .

A person tweeted about what someone allegedly posted on Facebook and claimed in her tweet that the facebook post was racist !!!!!!!

Those are not reliable sources 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Yet another left wing wokester using the anti-British BBC, and the left wing comic ‘The Guardian’ as his source of information.

The Guardian article is all about the alleged abuse of Polish people in the UK; is this what you were referring to when you said “I remember colored Brits reporting that the day after the Brexit referendum result in 2016 they were jeered by white Brits telling them to go back to their own country” …. all those coloured Polish people, eh ?

And you would do well to remember that none of the accusations in either of those articles have been verified, they are simply accusations, not facts; but don’t let that get in the way of your narrative.

• Confused 1