I'm SOON Moving to Japan Countryside to Find My GENIUS-GF!

On 10/3/2023 at 9:04 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

I know what I need to do.

But, will it be the best move for me, rather than remaining in Thailand, I wonder?

I am happy ONLY with smart people, and this is one of the reasons I have been posting Topics somewhat less on TV.

I am trying to figure out how I can move to Japan, live a quiet and simple life, and enjoy Japan's beautiful natural environment while living longer in a Japanese village, and happier, maybe, as well.

But the logistics of this need much thought, before I act and leave Thai culture, which I think is the best.

So, any thoughts about this from anyone else who has contemplated such a move, would be very helpful in keeping me from making any huge irreversible choices.

Here is a graphic which clearly shows why I will choose Japan.

The graphic is so obvious.

I have spent a lot of time in HK, and I really prefer the average IQ there of at least 107.

Some here have doubted my genius level IQ, but they are the fools.

image.png.548d9f6438f4f732bca5d2ebf1a0ba1e.png

Oh, well, we know that it's a fool's errand to argue with fools.

Still, thanks for any input here about my impending move...

And, I am NOT joking about this, either...

PLEASE NOTE:  It is conceivable that, upon reaching the Japan countryside, I may be able to do a bit of multiplication, as was told to me by GOD.  Stranger things have happened in this life, for sure.

It certainly sounds like an interesting idea.

Watch out for the bears:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-66737051

Plenty of cheap accommodation available in rural areas:

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20191023-what-will-japan-do-with-all-of-its-empty-ghost-homes

This issue more acute in rural areas (I'm thinking about "partnership" prospects):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-66850943

Edited by Enoon

You may find it difficult to stay in Japan long term due to their strict visa regulations.

Have you been to the Japanese countryside lately or ever? 

As a tourist/visitor you would be given a 90 Day stamp in your passport without the need for a visa , dependent on the country you are from.

The level of English language comprehension drops off significantly the farther you stray from the main metropolises.

It may be a good idea to come over as a tourist and spend a few months getting to know the lay of the land and exploring how you can fit in.

It is now heading in to the cold season and the temperature will plummet soon , you may be advised to wait until the spring to make an exploratory visit and see Japan during sakura.

Finding accommodation in the Japanese countryside may prove problematic , but there are many real estate agencies online , but their sites are in Japanese language only.

Bank accounts can only be opened if you have a visa , but cash can be withdrawn from any 7-11 ATM (yes 7-11 in Japan have their own bank) but many other Japanese banks do not accept foreign cards.

Japan is a great country to retire to as there is such a high proportion of the population being over the age of 65 , I am assuming that you are of that age range , they are very active and take part in many activities , which if you are of a curious nature , no doubt you will be invited to join , they are as interested in you as you are of them , and you will learn much more Japanese , as they learn some English from you.

• Like 1

If you are a foreigner there are limited options in Japan.  You can only get a tourist visa,  have a job in Japan, or be married to a Japanese citizen. 
Snd I also believe for certain types of visas you are tested on Japanese language proficiency.  
Countryside or not.  Japan is more expensive than Thailand.  And if you have limited funds and little to no health insurance.  You won’t make it there. 

5 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

If you are a foreigner there are limited options in Japan.  You can only get a tourist visa,  have a job in Japan, or be married to a Japanese citizen. 
Snd I also believe for certain types of visas you are tested on Japanese language proficiency.  
Countryside or not.  Japan is more expensive than Thailand.  And if you have limited funds and little to no health insurance.  You won’t make it there. 

It could be that his imagination outstrips his ability. 
Unlike his ‘hero’ Jordan Peterson, he lacks the ability to state “I don’t know”. 
No humility, so bound to fail. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/3/2023 at 4:03 PM, Crossy said:

Please, for all our sakes, define "SOON" :whistling:

If it were not for you, Crossy, reading my Topics, then I would stop, completely. 

You are one of only two worthy nice guys on this forum. 

And, your comments are ALWAYS a breath of fresh air...! 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

My wife who worked for a Japanese company for over a decade was surprised that my Japanese is better than Thai.

I learned a lot from watching Pr0n and now we sometimes watch it together as she also finds it a useful linguistic tool. Her favorite actress is Julia.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2023 at 5:33 PM, likerdup1 said:

Have you visited the Mensa website yet. Take the free Mensa online test and post the results here. Inquiring minds want to know. After taking the Mensa test and qualifying your claims as a genius then join your nearest Mensa chapter in Tokyo. They are waiting for you!!!

https://www.mensa.org/public/mensa-iq-challenge

I did the test ...

Result of IQ Test

Your IQ lies outside the range that the test is currently able to measure. We will be expanding the measurable range of this test as soon as we have gathered more data.

Edited by nobodysfriend

On 10/3/2023 at 3:04 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Some here have doubted my genius level IQ, but they are the fools.

Are you a happy person ?

Do you have everything you always wanted ?

No ?

So , may be you are not such a genius then ...

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2023 at 3:04 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

PLEASE NOTE:  It is conceivable that, upon reaching the Japan countryside, I may be able to do a bit of multiplication

You should start with the 17 table, it is good training for the brain

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

If you are serious, I actually live in Japan now. Have for more than 20 years. 

1. If you want to stay, you need a work visa of some kind. Do you have a university degree? If not, getting a teaching job at an Eikaiwa (private language school) will be difficult. There are myriad job sites online to check.

2. The countryside is basically empty of anyone under the age of 60. Towns are dying. It is lovely though- villages nestled between mountains or on the seaside.

3. You will need a car to get around in the countryside. Public transport is great in the cities, not so in the rural parts. 

4. You cant get away with 90% of the crap that you can get away with in Thailand. People here like their lives tidy, neat, organized, predictable, and safe. No staggering around in a tank top drunk as a lord.

I am a very tidy Ivy League grad.

But, I don't like to drive.

I have been to the Japanese countryside, several times.

Lived in Kyoto.

I am worried only by healthcare, since I think Thailand hospitals are better, or rather, many doctors here seems more capable.

I do not intend to get away with crap in Japan, just as I do not do stupid stuff in Thailand.

• Love It 1

You should know a  it about statistics.  Just try to find a 2 sigma gal in Thailand.  Im sure there is a homely gal dreaming of a person like you.   Just hope she doesn't do any investigating of your social accounts as a high IQ would probably do.  

• Haha 2