No 800K in the bank and no tax declaration - What will be the new agent fee?

Adumbration

It would appear that there will now be a new class of service to be provided by the immigration agents.

Non-O retirement extension, but with no 800K in the bank AND NO tax declaration.

I have never used an agent, but for those guys that do, can you please call them and ask what the fee will be for ignoring the tax declaration.

Look forward to your replys.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

'Non-O retirement extension, but with no 800K in the bank AND NO tax declaration.'

Such a person has no legal right to get an extension then. Seems like you did have the 800k but not now? Why ask other people to find out how much the bribe will be

Edited by proton
  • Sad 1

Rumours reach my ears that "Agent's fees" have increased dramatically. I don't know about tax declarations but a retirement extension, including transferring the original visa to a new passport, were I to go down such a route, apparently costs B19000.

Edited by herfiehandbag

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

It would appear that there will now be a new class of service to be provided by the immigration agents.

Non-O retirement extension, but with no 800K in the bank AND NO tax declaration.

I have never used an agent, but for those guys that do, can you please call them and ask what the fee will be for ignoring the tax declaration.

Look forward to your replys.

You can apply for non-O extension, but that won't necessarily mean you are also a tax resident of Thailand if you don't stay more than 6 months here.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, gearbox said:

You can apply for non-O extension, but that won't necessarily mean you are also a tax resident of Thailand if you don't stay more than 6 months here.

And even if you do stay for the whole year, (or for many years as is the case for many of us) the following will apply:

The program will begin January 1, 2024 and apply only to tax residents in Thailand meaning tourists and short term workers will be exempt. Also exempt will be those who have been taxed in a foreign country that has a standing Double Tax Agreement with Thailand.

Which applies to just about everyone of us. It's all a load of B/S.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/50744/thai-government-to-tax-all-income-from-abroad-for-tax-residents-starting-2024/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1