Dee money slooooow

So 20,000 THB leaves my account on Thursday at 7pm. Friday, nothing I can see happens. Sat/Sunday, oh of course, computers don't work at weekends. This is, after all, is simply moving binary digits around from one server to another. No physical entities involved at all. Monday is a holiday in the US, but what's it doing there? Oh, that's our helper bank. Everything goes through it. Then finally on Tuesday the American bank moves it into a UK bank account. None of these exists in the real world. It's just computer code. There is no UK bank account, except as a piece of code. It's all complete nonsense.

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

I set up a THB transfer from Krungthai to Wise UK on Thursday at 7pm. I'm now told it will arrive Tuesday. After 4pm counts as next day. No transfers at weekend. Holiday in US Monday. What a joke!

Yeah next day guaranteed 555 My final transfer 08:00 Thursday, Monday US holiday arrived in Australia Tuesday AEST 22:30.

Now using WU cheaper and more dependable for me.

Edited by norbra

It's all there in their t&c's. A Thai bank wouldn't do any better.

I've had them miss their next day commitment without the 4pm and weekend issues getting in the way. They said it was a problem with their fintech partner in the receiving country ( not the final destination which like you was Wise). Offered me my next transfer without fee to compensate. Which they honoured.

7 hours ago, bradiston said:

I set up a THB transfer from Krungthai to Wise UK on Thursday at 7pm. I'm now told it will arrive Tuesday. After 4pm counts as next day. No transfers at weekend. Holiday in US Monday. What a joke!

I transferred money yesterday direct from my Nationwide Account to Krungthai and it arrived today. oops sorry misread your post. but still.

Edited by brianthainess

19 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Update! The money arrived in my Wise £ account yesterday at 1622. Men. It can be done!

Rather mealy-mouthed comment on DM exceeding their normal transfer timings. Especially after all the 'what a joke' ramblings despite the advised timings matching with their terms.

i have used DM a number of times and found their service to be very efficient. Usually transfer afternoon for next day credit. But, when I have set up transfers to UK just prior to 9am Thai time, the funds are sometimes in my UK bank same day. Not too shabby. 

I had used DM many times before without issues. Sometimes the transfer would arrive a day or two later then they say in their guarantee though.

Recently they stalled a transfer of mine by asking to see my thai bank statement showing the last 3 month’s transactions including the last transaction showing the actual DM transfer which of course is not reflected in the statement until the next business day.

So be advised that you may be asked for bank statements and if you cant provide, your money could be stalled for 7-10 days from what other users have posted. 

Personally I wont use their services anymore after this last ordeal.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PPGuy said:

Rather mealy-mouthed comment on DM exceeding their normal transfer timings. Especially after all the 'what a joke' ramblings despite the advised timings matching with their terms.

i have used DM a number of times and found their service to be very efficient. Usually transfer afternoon for next day credit. But, when I have set up transfers to UK just prior to 9am Thai time, the funds are sometimes in my UK bank same day. Not too shabby. 

Yeah, but nothing like what they quoted me which is what spurred my comments. Why quote Tuesday when the funds arrived Friday, after a huge amount of complaining from me? That's not a service of any description. And you'll always get a percentage of respondents with "always worked well for me", akin to "nobody else has complained".

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, djlest said:

im curious but is WISE now connected to Dee money, ive heard you can use Wise to send money from Thailand and it may utilize dee money in some way. anyone know more?

Yes. Wise won't fetch money from your Thai bank account. Dee will. So you have the option of using Dee to fetch THB and change them into something Wise will accept. Or just skip the Wise part altogether.

21 hours ago, djlest said:

im curious but is WISE now connected to Dee money, ive heard you can use Wise to send money from Thailand and it may utilize dee money in some way. anyone know more?

Dee Money are a transfer partner for Wise.  If you look at your transaction PDFs you will see which transfer partner they have used, either Dee Money, BBL or Kasikorn.  TMB used to be one too, but I don't think they use them any more.

• Like 1