Norwegian man murders his Thai boyfriend in Chiang Mai

webfact

Thaiger says "The Norwegian man is in police custody and has been charged with premeditated murder. The penalty is death, life imprisonment or 15 to 20 years imprisonment.

Rather ridiculous alternatives to ones possible guilt!   Take someones life deliberately, and a death penalty is the only acceptable punishment!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, richsilver said:

If you follow the link to the original story, you will learn that guy has, in fact, confessed to the murder.

under what/which circumstances did he confess....

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The title seems reckless and lacking any sort of decency or benefit of the doubt. Very callous. Unless they know something we don't. 

I thought the same at first .....   but apparently he confessed to the murder.

4 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

RIP young man. Peace for you. I am sad to think of the violence towards you and from your partner ????????

I was once surprised, I was simply ignorant (perhaps even somewhat naive as a young therapist) of the factual nature of some, some gay relationships and that fact was/is that domestic violence by one against the other partner was/is high per capita compared to DV in heterosexual relationships. In other words it appears to be quite common.

I learnt this over many years of providing therapy for gay and straight folks and having access the lots and lots of session time, and emperical data on the subject of DV and morbidity factors.

It depends who you believe.

https://stopabuse.umich.edu/about/same-sex.html

I imagine it's roughly the same or a bit higher. People are people.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Gotta say, with Thailand's defamation laws, I'd seriously reconsider the title.  He's been accused of murder, maybe even arrested for murder. 

But did he really?  And how much liability is there if his story pans out?  (I doubt the ol' "we just reprint from our sources" would be much of a shield.)

read the full article, he admitted he killed his boyfriend.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

hard to just walk away when they deliberately scheme and plan then cheat and lie and disrespect you after providing a house, car and money over the years.   Revenge is a dish best served cold.

So, how much did s(he) stitch you up for?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

I am Norwegian and I have also lived in Chiang Mai, but that is the only thing we have in common.   They managed to spell his last name wrong , so I had to check if he really is Norwegian and sadly he is.  

If he is guilty, now it is still a big if, I understand he confessed but you never know what have happened , there could be language problems here etc. 

All I know is that the Norwegian embassy already been contacted and he will get some good people to help him there . 

As you would expect this is headline news in the Norwegian media, if he is guilty of murder I do not feel sorry for him, but it could have been self defence. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, impulse said:

Gotta say, with Thailand's defamation laws, I'd seriously reconsider the title.  He's been accused of murder, maybe even arrested for murder. 

But did he really?  And how much liability is there if his story pans out?  (I doubt the ol' "we just reprint from our sources" would be much of a shield.)

I wouldn't worry about it unless you have shares and liability in AN

16 hours ago, impulse said:

According to the article he copped to it! 

4 hours ago, Arbeid said:

Being his sister I can give you all some PROPER information on this case, as it is nothing but a nightmare my very sick brother has ended up in in this country, and all these lies and misinformation that are circulating in the media over there is nothing but bl..dy appalling!! Makes us all sick!

He was released from hospital 2 days before this crazy thing happened, after nearly dying from a massive stroke from a bloodclot, that caused him to fall and get a brainbleed on top of everything. He was in intensive care for 3 weeks before he was moved to different department. He has had brain surgery, as well as surgery to remove a bloodclot from his leg. He is paralyzed on his right side, therefor can not walk, as well as he got afasi, meaning he has massive problems speaking, and understanding properly.  He also have problems with his memory.  He does NOT have HIV, nor ALS. Just more lies about him.

So yes, this is the "MURDERER" so many dare call this poor sick man, who is the nicest person in this world and has NEVER hurt anyone in his whole life. He has wasted all he had on helping all his socalled Thai friends, hundreds of thousands of Norwegian kr, never a no  from him if anyone needed anything. This is the type of person my brother is, and we are totally shocked by the awful treatment he has received in this country. We only wish we can get him out from there and back home to proper care and traing after his stroke. Never had any want to go to Thailand myself but have always warned against this dangerous corrupted country and lack of proper system, so sad it had to come to this for me to be proven right. So a good idea to read Thai news after a handful of salt first, they are lying their heads off.

If that's true then I hope it works out for him. Get a good lawyer! 

• Love It 1

15 hours ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

For those lazy to read the whole article. The Norwegian guy at first said there was an intruder then he changed it to suicide. But later on confessed that he killed the Thai bf but not giving any motive. Norwegian guy is also HIV positive with many illnesses and often argues with his bf. They have been together for just over a year. 

He HIV positive, I think he should get suite and medical care if he guilty.????

• Sad 1

Well if what his sister wrote is true, than it seems very unlikely, if not impossible that he could have overwhelmed and stabbed to death a normal, healthy, younger man.  

The word she was looking for is aphasia. Maybe that is why they are saying he is changing his story.  And possible that he can’t even walk and that is why neighbors found him crawling outside afterwards?  

Maybe the victim had a lover who did not expect the Norwegian man to recover and come home.  The lover came over and had a confrontation or just decided to kill him.  Drunken rage?  Didn’t a German guy experience something like that …he stabbed to death his wife’s lover who jumped their wall and decided to have it out with her one night?  I never have heard what happened with that.  She tried to say it was a burglar.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Well if what his sister wrote is true, than it seems very unlikely, if not impossible that he could have overwhelmed and stabbed to death a normal, healthy, younger man.  

The word she was looking for is aphasia. Maybe that is why they are saying he is changing his story.  And possible that he can’t even walk and that is why neighbors found him crawling outside afterwards?  

Maybe the victim had a lover who did not expect the Norwegian man to recover and come home.  The lover came over and had a confrontation or just decided to kill him.  Drunken rage?  Didn’t a German guy experience something like that …he stabbed to death his wife’s lover who jumped their wall and decided to have it out with her one night?  I never have heard what happened with that.  She tried to say it was a burglar.  

Thank you, it most certainly is true. And thank you for correcting my Norwegian writing of aphasia, sorry just too upset to realise that, but seems I can not edit it now.

• Thumbs Up 1