Leave Thailand for another country say for holiday and return to same address.: need to report?

13 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

It all depends on which Immigration Office you report to, but some years back, this requirement has been done away with officially.

YES, if you are using Jomtien Immigration. EACH AND EVERY entry into Thailand, even if ON THE EXACT SAME VISA needs a TM30 done. Info was given straight from the horses mouth when I asked the TM30 desk when filing my TM30.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Been on extentions to retirement visa for 7 years.  Covid apart have travelled abroad multiple times every year and have never filed a new TM30.  Renewal no problem, doing it myself (so no agent "help" to bypass anything)  at Jomtien.

PH

Jomtien - then you definitely need to do a TM30 EACH AND EVERY TIME you come back to Thailand, unless you want a 1,900 baht fine. This was straight from the horses mouth from a couple of months ago, unless things have changed recently.

Edited by bbi1
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

YES, if you are using Jomtien Immigration. EACH AND EVERY entry into Thailand, even if ON THE EXACT SAME VISA needs a TM30 done. Info was given straight from the horses mouth when I asked the TM30 desk when filing my TM30.

I have not read that regarding Jomtien.

Certainly CM is rogue in this regard and still require a TM30 for inter province and international travel.

The rules regarding TM30 are very clear (in particular 2.2) 

CM just being rogue. 

Not so sure about Jomtien 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sadly one major immigration office has not followed change to rules.

Specifically 2.2

That office is CM.

You can also include Samui immigration office in that list.

As online registration is painless, I register every time that I return home. ????

I'm on a Non-O (retirement) in Phuket and travel in and out of the country about once a month. I don't do a TM30 (I have the online reporting set up) when I return, except for the trip that immediately precedes my annual renewal. I doubt it's necessary, but it's just an added piece of insurance to improve the chances that everything goes smoothly with my renewal. With the online reporting it only takes 5 minutes or so. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Go ask at the rogue office known as Chiang Mai immigration where I have been give conflicting information by two uniformed agents sitting arms length at the same table.

Thankfully the latest online TM30 portal is easy to use.

What's the link to the online TM30 portal? Can you use the online TM30 portal yourself as a tenant?

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

What's the link to the online TM30 portal? Can you use the online TM30 portal yourself as a tenant?

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30api/loginExternal.jsp?value=EXT&id=0cc5f5c86c63a63c5ff1f6666b949820

I am an owner do not know about tenancy

I registered with a copy of Yellow book, and passport

53 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Yes, you must report upon entering Thailand. (Is what I was told at Immigration Chaengwattana.)

During this past year, I had multiple overnight domestic trips inside Thailand and an international trip where i was gone 2 weeks before returning back home to BKK (the only home I've ever had here) via the standard reentry permit.

When I went to do another annual retirement extension at BKK CW a couple months back, they were perfectly fine with the one and only TM30 I've ever done in Thailand circa 2019 that's still stapled in my passport.

No request/demand to do a new/updated TM30 just because of my prior travels, given that I had a valid reentry permit for my extension AND was merely returning to my same / unchanged place of residence.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Yes, you must report upon entering Thailand. (Is what I was told at Immigration Chaengwattana.)

Depends what person enters on Visa/extension etc

For example someone having a reentry permit is not required to make a TM30 after return to Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Depends what person enters on Visa/extension etc

For example someone having a reentry permit is not required to make a TM30 after return to Thailand.

Then different people get different advice from immigration officers at Chaengwattana (my question was based on my one-year visa and re-entry permit).

And since it’s so easy to do, I won’t risk not doing it whenever I re-enter TH. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Then different people get different advice from immigration officers at Chaengwattana (my question was based on my one-year visa and re-entry permit).

Don't even know what visa you are referring to.

Thinking that you mean ME Non O based on retirement.

Valid for one year and provides 90 day permission of stay for each entry

Upon obtaining that visa (perhaps obtained Savannakhet) you would need to do a TM30 for your first entry.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Upon obtaining that visa (perhaps obtained Savannakhet) you would need to do a TM30 for your first entry.

I can stay for one year and don’t need to leave… that’s the visa I’m on. 

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The rules on TM30 are clear about not needing a new report if using a re-entry permit. They do not clarify fresh entries on a multiple entry visa. My own (possibly erroneous) assumption is that a fresh entry on a multiple entry visa needs a new TM30 notification, the logic being that this is a new permission to stay after a break (even if that break was only a few minutes).

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, CecilM said:

I can stay for one year and don’t need to leave… that’s the visa I’m on. 

Seems that initially had a non O and obtained 12 month extension OR 

You have a non O-A visa.

The non O-A is valid for one year and is a multi entry visa.

It is obtained in your passport country.

In fact that visa can provide almost 2 years stay.

It requires insurance so you would know if you have that visa. 

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The rules on TM30 are clear about not needing a new report if using a re-entry permit. They do not clarify fresh entries on a multiple entry visa. My own (possibly erroneous) assumption is that a fresh entry on a multiple entry visa needs a new TM30 notification, the logic being that this is a new permission to stay after a break (even if that break was only a few minutes).

I have read  this pinch from rule 2.2 a few times.

Still not sure regarding multi visas.

The alien as defined in paragraph one shall include those who

being granted multiple-visa who leaves and returns to the Kingdom with specified

time in the visa, and those with re-entry permit.

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If you exit Thailand and return on new visa or visa exempt you will need to make a TM30.

My last TM30 was in 2019.  I've had a new Visa from Savannakhet or Cambodia every 5 to 17 months since that time except the COVID year+. I've even gotten a new passport. I removed the receipt from the old passport and stapled it into the new one in 2021. Never been questioned. (but prior to 2019 I was submitting one every time I stayed away from the house).
(Pathum Thani Immigration)

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

When I went to Vietnam with re-entry permit I was refused my 90 day and had to fill in a a new TM30

1 hour ago, Expat68 said:

When I went to Vietnam with re-entry permit I was refused my 90 day and had to fill in a a new TM30

When there is a rogue office, it helps if you name it. That helps others using the same office to appreciate that they cannot rely on the official rules. I gather that, at least, you were not fined.

• Thumbs Up 1