Chinese Woman Falls to Her Death From a Hotel in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

Karon – A Chinese woman died after she fell from a hotel in Karon, Phuket.

The Karon Police were notified of the incident at 4:00 A.M. on Friday (October 6th) at a hotel in Karon. They arrived at the scene to find the body of Mrs. Zou Ke, 34, a Chinese national, lying on the ground.

Hotel staffers told police that Mrs. Zou checked into the hotel alone on the 10th floor. However, the Karon Police are continuing and checking CCTV footage to see if she was last seen with anyone before her death.

The Karon Police have yet to conclude if she fell by accident, jumped down, or if there was any possible foul play.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2023-10-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Chinese tourist dies after falling from Karon hotel balcony

By Peter Roche

image.png

A 34 year old Chinese woman named ‘Zou’ fell to her death from the 10th floor of a 5 star hotel in Karon Beach, a popular resort area in southern Thailand. She had visited Phuket 18 times before.

The woman had arrived in Thailand on Monday, holding a tourist visa. She was identified as a tourist from China. According to Hassen Hamrouni, a 35 year old Tunisian national, he and the woman were in a romantic relationship. They had checked into the Pullman Hotel in Karon at 3pm on Thursday and were occupying a room on the 10th floor.

On Thursday evening, after dining and drinking at a hotel restaurant, they returned to their room at 10pm. Mr. Hamrouni stated that while they were in the room, his girlfriend repeatedly expressed a desire to end her life. However, he did not take her statements seriously.

Full story: PhuketGO 2023-10-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

She had visited Phuket 18 times before.

I think I see the problem.  This is not what a normal tourist does...

It should only take one or two visits to realize there's lots of places in Thailand better than Phuket to spend your holiday. ????

Something is henky here, folks. ????‍♂️

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Hamrouni stated that while they were in the room, his girlfriend repeatedly expressed a desire to end her life. However, he did not take her statements seriously.

Sad for her , she must have been desperate .

6 hours ago, webfact said:

a 35 year old Tunisian national, he and the woman were in a romantic relationship.

He did not give her what she needed ...?

Horrible for him as well , he needs a shrink now .

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I think I see the problem.  This is not what a normal tourist does...

It should only take one or two visits to realize there's lots of places in Thailand better than Phuket to spend your holiday. ????

Something is henky here, folks. ????‍♂️

So she visited a crap place too much? Phuket is ok.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Hassen Hamrouni, a 35 year old Tunisian national, he and the woman were in a romantic relationship. They had checked into the Pullman Hotel in Karon at 3pm on Thursday and were occupying a room on the 10th floor.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Ok then on the game or not?

5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:
10 hours ago, webfact said:

I think I see the problem.  This is not what a normal tourist does..

Quite common in Pattaya. 

Lots of foreigners, spend all their money, when there's nothing left, it's over the edge they go. 

Above Mike shopping mall before the renovations, there was a rooftop swimming pool, many times, foreigners would make their way to the rooftop and jump. 

Made sense for management to shut down the swimming pool. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

46 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Lots of foreigners, spend all their money, when there's nothing left, it's over the edge they go. 

Reminds me of a tour I went on years ago through the workings of Hoover Dam. I asked the tour guide if suicides occurred often at the dam and she replied that the most recent was just the day before.

That's what occurs when you put it all on Red and Black shows up.