ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

Most polls conduced over the years show Hamas enjoys solid popular support (about half of the voter base, or a bit less). This includes both Gaza residents and those on the West Bank. Further, who will 'allow' this? Israel? Then the results would be seen as illegitimate. The PA? Same thing. International involvement? Again, the same.

The Palestinian cabinet in Ramallah has a legal mandate to call for holding elections per the elction laws. Hamas being the defacto power in Gaza can decide whether to hold elections or not. In the past, Hamas has prevented several attempts to hold election sparking anger by the voters in Gaza. Hamas has announced that they are ready to hold municipal election on the 27 September '23. A recent survey from the Palestine Center unveiled that Hamas hold a 58% in Gaza and 42% in the West Bank favouring Hamas. Time for Gaza to decide in an election whether their future lays in the hands of radical Hamas. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

The Palestinian cabinet in Ramallah has a legal mandate to call for holding elections per the elction laws. Hamas being the defacto power in Gaza can decide whether to hold elections or not. In the past, Hamas has prevented several attempts to hold election sparking anger by the voters in Gaza. Hamas has announced that they are ready to hold municipal election on the 27 September '23. A recent survey from the Palestine Center unveiled that Hamas hold a 58% in Gaza and 42% in the West Bank favouring Hamas. Time for Gaza to decide in an election whether their future lays in the hands of radical Hamas. 

Who prevented the elections is a matter of opinion, and which occasion is addressed. The PA did so to avoid a likely electoral defeat. The Hamas did it because, effectively, they cannot govern anyway (all aid to the Palestinians would cease, international sanctions applied on West Bank as well, legitimacy for Israeli actions in West Bank too).

All their quibbling about not having elections is just self serving bs, and political posturing.

At the same time, any election results are likely to be contested, or even ignored in some areas. The prospects of outside powers conducting such elections, and these not facing similar issues is a fantasy. It goes back to the notion that Palestinian should have everything handed to them, rather than take charge of their affairs.

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Post of the thread. 

“Christian Zionist Americans” are not the only supporters of Israel. As an atheist, I see this as a conflict between Islamic terrorism and Jewish civilization. The Christ Humpers who support Israel have no clue as to the real political situation.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The US should stay out, this is a religious war, nothing else. 

Nah , not as long as they ( terrorist scum) have American hostages!

I could be wrong but has any country leaders besides Israel , spoken up with retaliatory response for harming hostages in Gaza?

35 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

How can the world sit and watch the Netanyahu wipe out over 2 million people by refusing them food and water? How can some even support it?

This is pure ethnic cleansing and he is a Fascist war criminal. 

You are sticking your head in the sand again.

Have you seen the Hamas followers(even young children) celebrate the

killing of innocent revelers?

That makes me sick to my stomach,a whole new generation filled with hatred and ignorance.

I would be inclined to bomb the lot of them.

I guess religion is the biggest threat to humanity!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

How can the world sit and watch the Netanyahu wipe out over 2 million people by refusing them food and water? How can some even support it?

So, what do you propose to prevent this horrific tragedy from happening again?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Not only sitting and watching..but clapping and cheering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Other than in your imagination and hyperbole posts, no 2 million Palestinians were 'wiped'. You're welcome to come up with similar situation, and inform how forces behaved under similar conditions.

How long you figure they'll last without food, medicine, water, electricity or fuel, all of which have been cut off by Israel?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308831-gaza-soon-without-fuel-medicine-and-food-israel-authorities/

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I seem to recall international laws against collective punishment of innocents, especially children and the elderly.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2023 at 8:13 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

Where has that been reported ?

Why is it so hard to believe? If Israel finds out Iran is behind it, they may attack them, Russia supports Iran. US has moved their deadliest strike group into the area

"Israel-Hamas War: Why the prospect of this conflict being 'contained to Gaza' seems improbable"

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas-war-why-the-prospect-of-this-conflict-being-contained-to-gaza-seems-improbable-12980756

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

How long you figure they'll last without food, medicine, water, electricity or fuel, all of which have been cut off by Israel?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308831-gaza-soon-without-fuel-medicine-and-food-israel-authorities/

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I seem to recall international laws against collective punishment of innocents, especially children and the elderly.

Does not apply to Zionists with Western backing.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Morch said:

It is also an international crime to indiscriminately shoot rockets at civilians, or to slaughter them face to face at their homes. You seem to focus on one side's actions - without context whatsoever.

Here's the problem with collective punishment.  You can't kill people fast enough, because for every innocent you kill you create a dozen new zealots.

I think they should round up the guilty participants, take them out back and shoot them.  Download every photo and video and do a facial recognition profile on every one of them, and hound them across the earth.

But I draw the line at collective punishment, especially kids and elders.  (And I'm pretty sure that international law agrees)  Or they're no better than the Nazis who purged entire city populations to punish the actions of a few resistance fighters.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Here's the problem with collective punishment.  You can't kill people fast enough, because for every innocent you kill you create a dozen new zealots.

I think they should round up the guilty participants, take them out back and shoot them.  Download every photo and video and do a facial recognition profile on every one of them, and hound them across the earth.

But I draw the line at collective punishment, especially kids and elders.  (And I'm pretty sure that international law agrees)  Or they're no better than the Nazis who purged entire city populations to punish the actions of a few resistance fighters.  

How do you suppose this 'rounding up' can be achieved?

As for you Nazi comparison trolling - we're still safely in the normal-war-crimes zones, don't need to go overboard, unless you're really desperate for attention.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watch: 'Fauda' star Lior Raz takes cover amid rocket attack as he joins Israel's fight against Hamas

https://www.theweek.in/news/entertainment/2023/10/10/watch-fauda-star-lior-raz-takes-cover-during-rocket-attack-as-he-joins-israels-fight-against-hamas.html

Both Fauda creators (Raz and Yissascharov, who was also present) are IDF veterans. The latter is also a journalist and commentator on related affairs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian said:

So, what do you propose to prevent this horrific tragedy from happening again?

Israel is currently rectifying this, though Iran the perpetrator needs to be dealt with as well because they will never stop with the current regime.

• Like 2