ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

30 minutes ago, Morch said:

According to Hamas controlled sources.

There is no indication if this includes Hamas men killed (during or after the 7/10 attack), there's no mention of male age groups.

There's no accounting for naturally occurring deaths as well during the fighting.

There's a great lose of life, for sure. Citing Hamas provided figures is a choice, though.

So is denying the numbers.  Reliable numbers are not available imo, so I don't see a reason to confirm or deny.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So is denying the numbers.  Reliable numbers are not available imo, so I don't see a reason to confirm or deny.

I'm not engaged in wholesale denial of casualty figures. I agree that the dead number in the thousands.

What I disagree with is embracing these figures without addressing obvious questions regarding them.

If, for example, these figures include all the Hamas men that died on (or shortly after) the 7/10 attack - that would represent 1500-3000 casualties.

Quite a lot relative to the overall figures offered.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

I'm not engaged in wholesale denial of casualty figures. I agree that the dead number in the thousands.

What I disagree with is embracing these figures without addressing obvious questions regarding them.

If, for example, these figures include all the Hamas men that died on (or shortly after) the 7/10 attack - that would represent 1500-3000 casualties.

Quite a lot relative to the overall figures offered.

Historically the number released by Gaza’s Health Authority have been fairly accurate.  In the absence of any other information, it’s probably ok to trust them, though I agree, a better breakdown is needed.

They are releasing full names and citizen ID numbers.

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Historically the number released by Gaza’s Health Authority have been fairly accurate.  In the absence of any other information, it’s probably ok to trust them, though I agree, a better breakdown is needed.

They are releasing full names and citizen ID numbers.

They always do this lumping together of casualties, highlighting children and women, much less details on men in fighting age, or Hamas members.

So saying 8000 (or whatever) civilians....I think that includes non-civilians as well. Same goes for deaths not directly related to the fighting etc.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

A quote from the highly intellectual Douglas Murray about the demonstrations in the UK. 

"Anyone in any doubt about what those marching today are calling for should know this. There would be peace tomorrow if Hamas laid down its arms. If the Israelis laid down their arms there would be a second Holocaust. The people marching either don't know this, or want it."

Sounds like this bloke needs his “highly intellectual” status reappraised.

33 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Sounds like this bloke needs his “highly intellectual” status reappraised.

If you read his book “The Strange Death Of Europe” you might not think so; however, you won’t find it in the fiction department, so you may not be able to locate it.

• Haha 1

Spin this 1 Hamas fans this is what Hamas thinks about Palestinian's words from the Son of the leader of Hamas. Confirming Ais is being stolen by Hamas. They don't want a State of Palestine they want an Islamic state worldwide that's there reason.

Edited by BarraMarra

There you have it folks even the Son of the leader of Hamas wants his head on a Platter. supported with video that is allowed. Any anti-Israelis on here want to comment about it or as I expect will be ignored. Due to the indefensible evidence claiming Hamas's true intentions.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Gross distortion as expected. 

I accept that the Israeli Ambassador to the UN is a manner-less  *ick. That said, not having seen (and not bothered enough to check - he's a has been nobody), no inclined to take @Neeranam's word for it either. Doesn't have much bearing about the OP (or about anything, really).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Gross distortion as expected. 

34 minutes ago, Morch said:

I accept that the Israeli Ambassador to the UN is a manner-less  *ick. That said, not having seen (and not bothered enough to check - he's a has been nobody), no inclined to take @Neeranam's word for it either. Doesn't have much bearing about the OP (or about anything, really).

That's 2 answers not saying anything but deflect.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Morch said:

The Hamas is not into that. The PA cannot deliver.

Israel's right wingers are not into it. Israel center-left can't deliver either.

Your promises that all will be well are not grounded in anything much, least of all reality.

You’re right, all sides should just keep doing exactly what they have been doing.

Edited by Rimmer
meme removed

19 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

This cropped up on my Facebook feed, it was a point @bobbin was making the other day.  

https://youtube.com/shorts/DajqdRBgYco?si=aY3MX6nrAa_In_2R

Would have been more appropriate to provide a link to a full interview rather than an edited bit. If that lifted from AJ or something?

Also, that's Marc 'river-to-the-sea' Lemont Hill there, so the drama and rudeness are to be expected. Not the most impartial of news hosts etc.

To the point - it goes back to people's perceptions of what's allowed vs. what is allowed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

Spin this 1 Hamas fans this is what Hamas thinks about Palestinian's words from the Son of the leader of Hamas. Confirming Ais is being stolen by Hamas. They don't want a State of Palestine they want an Islamic state worldwide that's there reason.

This post makes no sense.

Post a link so we can understand what you’re on about.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That's 2 answers not saying anything but deflect.

Deflect what? The poster didn't bother linking anything that could be debated. He made a claim bases on something he said he saw. Given his posting history on this topic, no need to take his words for granted. And, if the Israeli Ambassador behaved like an *ss (he often does), how's that news or central to the topic?

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Would have been more appropriate to provide a link to a full interview rather than an edited bit. If that lifted from AJ or something?

Also, that's Marc 'river-to-the-sea' Lemont Hill there, so the drama and rudeness are to be expected. Not the most impartial of news hosts etc.

To the point - it goes back to people's perceptions of what's allowed vs. what is allowed.

I think FB only allows snippets, that’s all I saw.