ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

BBC Morning News today are reporting that Israeli forces Entered the Tunnels and killed 20 Hamas terrorists. The next threat will be from Hamas saying if you don't leave the Tunnels we will start Executing hostages. The BBC's man on the Ground inside Gaza has reported Tanks have been seen Entering Roads inside Gaza.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I note that the article goes to some effort to say that its recent figures are from the Gazan health authority, which hamas administrators control.

They are careful to say this in light of questioning of those figures.  

Other organisations have said they've checked hamas figures in the past and seen few errors.  But, you can see the issues with getting figures accurately at this point.

Mr Biden drew attention to this issue a week or more ago.  Presumably he then asked his intelligence staff to make their own estimates.

Has anyone seen the US's figures for casualties of gazan population ?  Seems like the US has had time to research it.

I see photos of flattened buidlings in gaza, whole zones flattened.  Maybe no one died.   But seems likely a lot did die.   But OK, let get reliable figures.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Jews were also living on the land of Palestine , you failed to mention that Jews and Arabs lived on the land , it was nt just Arabs living there . 

Stop trying to re write history

Though it matters little to this debate, and I write it more for pedantic purposes, Jews had been a minority in what was greater Palestine since around the 4th Century. For the next 1500 years or so, Jews were between 1% and 4% of the population.

As the Zionist Movement grew from around the 1920s, Jewish representation grew into double digit percent. By the end of 1945, Jews were still only half as large as the Moslem population, and a third of the overall population, the rest made up of Christians.

The Mandate granted the land to an ethnic group who were still a minority, though the impetus behind that decision is understandable (the Holocaust being the last straw in discrimination/pogroms/genocide going back to at least Roman times).

That never sat well with the previous Moslem majority, and the past 75 years have yet to quell the tensions.

I doubt the next 75 will be any better, especially if current events and this thread are any indication.

Edited by Walker88
  • Love It 1

10 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Well I'm waiting Paul or are you just Deflecting. Who cares what happened in 1945 Christ this is about Israel at war in 2023

No deflection on my part, Yesterday defines how we react today, influencing tomorrow etc..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

JDAM ordnance costs a heap of money and Israel doesn't have an unlimited supply. So I'll hazard a guess and say that most or all of the bombs hit their intended targets, as opposed to the IAF just flying around looking for targets of opportunity.

Your guesses are worth zero.

I'll hazard a guess and say due to the lack of legitimate military targets, the IAF literally just flew around and drop bombs anywhere they could get a kill to sate their desire for vengeance.

Why there were civilians in the area when the bombs hit? Best ask the leader of Hamas who uses his supposed brothers and sisters as human shields and blows them up when they try to leave.

Because the bombs hit residential areas.

At any rate, your description of the Israeli bombardment as "carpet bombing" is just plain wrong therefore hard to take anything you say seriously.

I was very clear that I was using the term carpet bombing based upon my own subjective view on the matter. It maybe hyperbolic, but the situation demands such language. If the roles were reversed and it was the Palestinians with US supplied state of the art weaponry levelling Israeli residential areas I would be saying the exact same thing about them.

Let's all get back on the Original Thread " Israel at War ". 

Bullet Points - Was this started on 7th October  Yes.

Reason for the War - A Terrorist Organisation crossed the border from Gaza into Israel and Slaughtered men Woman and Children.

They then kidnapped men, women, and Children and forced them to be held as Hostages within Gaza.

Israel has begun a campaign to destroy Hamas and Return Israeli and many other Nationaliy's kidnapped by Hamas.

Hamas is Stockpiling Ammunition and firing Rockets within built-up Areas in Gaza. Sadly due to this Civilians will be killed however if Hamas had not fired Rockets into Israel this would not be happening now. Was Israel Targeting Gaza Daily Prior to 7th Oct  NO.  This is the main reason for this thread anything moving away takes the thread nowhere. In my opinion any members not wishing to debate this thread should refrain from posting on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That info has already been established and stated numerous time 

Where? When?

Not even the Israeli's have that answer yet.

In a post on social media platform X, Netanyahu wrote, "I was wrong. Things I said following the press conference should not have been said and I apologise for that. I give full backing to all the heads of the security arms."

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/benjamin-netanyahu-apologises-for-blaming-israels-security-services-for-october-7-hamas-assault/articleshow/104805564.cms

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I was very clear that I was using the term carpet bombing based upon my own subjective view on the matter. It maybe hyperbolic, but the situation demands such language. If the roles were reversed and it was the Palestinians with US supplied state of the art weaponry levelling Israeli residential areas I would be saying the exact same thing about them.

So when you say "carpet bombing" , you don't actually mean it in the sense of how the rest of the World perceives that word , its just a good powerful word to say that gets peoples attention , rather like "Genocide" "Apartheid" "War crimes" and its a way to get a response 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Though it matters little to this debate, and I write it more for pedantic purposes, Jews had been a minority in what was greater Palestine since around the 4th Century. For the next 1500 years or so, Jews were between 1% and 4% of the population.

As the Zionist Movement grew from around the 1920s, Jewish representation grew into double digit percent. By the end of 1945, Jews were still only half as large as the Moslem population, and a third of the overall population, the rest made up of Christians.

Wikipedia backs up your figures:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine_(region)

In 1800 it says there were 7,000 jews in Palestine.  22,000 christians and 246,000 muslims.  Tiny percentage of jews.

The Zionist movement changed that from 1890 onwards.

You say its pedantic, not relevant to this era. 

But I think a case canbe made that the Zionist movement is the main root cause of todays issues.   A powerful, well resourced group of european and US jews chose to come to Palestine in very large numbers.   The native, indigenous population started to resist.  And it continues today.  Its colonialism, and the natives are resisting ofcourse.

Has quite a lot of appeal as an explanation ?  Yes/no ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Would it not be better to finger point at uncivilised barbarians that started this war than a country trying to get its hostages back before they themselves are relieved of their heads. Starting a war unfortunately has consequences, these animals must never be in a position to repeat their vile acts ever again.

The war had started much earlier than 7 October 2023, it began when Israel illegally occupied the West bank and Gaza and kept building -ever since- illegal settlements on occupied land.

Real animals and war criminals are Netanyahu and his army who have killed so far close to 4,000 children alone in just over 3 weeks in their pursuit of revenge for perceived humiliations inflicted by a few hundred lightly armed fighters.

Targeting women, children, press, hospitals, schools, places of worship, houses etc. is nothing but State Terrorism at its worst. And you calling the other party animals?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

The war had started much earlier than 7 October 2023, it began when Israel illegally occupied the West bank and Gaza and kept building -ever since- illegal settlements on occupied land.

Once again , this war started on 7 th October, although were previous hostilities between the two  including other wars .

7 th October this war started 

Before 7 th October , confrontations that weren't part of this war 

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Once again , this war started on 7 th October, although were previous hostilities between the two  including other wars .

7 th October this war started 

Before 7 th October , confrontations that weren't part of this war 

Yes, indeed 7th of October boundaries have been implemented globally on all public forums up to UN presidency!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It appears that whether a particular act is a war crime or not depends upon who the perpetrator is.

You don't really want to debate this thread do you MoJo you'd rather just take the P  iss  out of us and laugh at us.

17 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Real animals and war criminals are Netanyahu and his Nazi-like army who have killed so far close to 4,000 children alone in just over 3 weeks in their pursuit of revenge for perceived humiliations inflicted by a few hundred lightly armed fighters.

The real actual war crimes were committed by the Palestinians , the Hamas war crimes have been named and confirmed they happened .

You claims that Israel committed war crimes are false and didn't happen 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Easy.

You don't create the conditions where an entire people see their only viable option for some sort of future is to turn to terrorism.

You don't steal other people's land.

You don't operate an apartheid system of government.

You don't have a Prime Minister that supports a terrorist group to thwart a two state solution

You don't ignore international laws.

That's how.

Your bunch of murderers ignored International laws, did you forget...? :whistling:

• Like 1