ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

On 10/19/2023 at 10:13 AM, Jeff the Chef said:

I'm disgusted by the whole scenario of the middle east, human lives are being taken by both Arabs and Israeli's because neither of them has the brains or the inclination to live in peace, neither side will win, and this has gone on since 1948. 

Both sides are disgusting excuses for human beings, religion has a lot to answer for, as does the great western military industrial complex which is loving all this.

Russia and Ukraine and China and Taiwan just the same all wanting to kill one another. 

You'd think after 2 so called World Wars in the last century the human race would have learned something, sadly no, we are such a bunch of sad sacks.

Agreed  !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Her green policy activism is not in line with mine, but her latest initiative for stopping hostilities for both sides has to be encouraged. 

To label her being supportive to Hamas is distortion and doesn't suit the one-sided narrative or agenda of some posters here.

To be labeled sooner or later as anti-semite (like me) is almost inevitable on social media platforms.

More constructive self-initiatives between Arabs/Muslims and Jews like Standing Together in general have to be promoted. Actual regional governments are executing their own agendas despite the casualties on both sides and the risk to develop WW3 and world financial crisis.

Have you got a credible link to this fella ranting. Who on earth is he

1 hour ago, Thorgal said:

Greta Thunberg is not supporting Hamas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/20/israel-hamas-war-updates-and-latest-news-on-gaza-conflict.html

Quote from link: 

"Environmental activist Greta Thunberg called for ceasefire amid strike action in solidarity with the Palestinian people.

Today we strike in solidarity with Palestine and Gaza. The world needs to speak up and call for an immediate ceasefire, justice and freedom for Palestinians and all civilians affected,” she said in a social media post on Friday."

Seems like she kinda missed out on the Hamas attack that led to this.

• Thumbs Up 1

The following report is an outline of the upcoming Israeli ground move on the Gaza Strip. Please note that it is not an official document, and that even if accurate, changes are to be expected - there's this saying about battle plans and first contact with the enemy. The author is an old hand Israeli military correspondent, usually with good insight and connections with senior officials and officers, though.

Here's an outline of a war plan to change the situation in Gaza

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/sysmhx1fp

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So.......what to make of the Israeli attack on the Christian Church?  Greek Orthodox ....a Hamas launch site ? Or are we all supposed to be totally distracted by the continuously disputed  Hospital  issue?

Perhaps the  continued denial of humanitarian  food aid held at the Egyptian  border is worth a  mention?

Maybe the claims of US interception of  drones/ missiles  launched from Syria that "appeared to be headed towards Israel " ?

(Now what was the fiction that got the US into the Vietnam war?)

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

A ray of hope for Israel's future (and by extension, the Palestinians' as well).

Poll: 80% of Israelis say Netanyahu must publicly take responsibility for Oct. 7 failures

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/poll-80-of-israelis-say-netanyahu-must-publicly-take-responsibility-for-oct-7-failures/

Probably justifiable demands for accountability ! But in horrible hindsight does that or ever will it justify the ever increasing accumulation of deaths ?

I doubt few will ever accept that the Hamas incursion was not "permitted" by a very strange lapse in  both intelligence and border security systems.

More than one fascist government has sacrificed  citizens  for the "greater " good  of national outcomes.

That it  can be arranged to involve  innocent foreign  nationals to increase  the intended advantage of International outrage all the better?

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

My prognosis as an Israeli plan (without external interference) :

1. Bombing 70 to 90% habitations of Gaza by IDF

2. Exodus all Gazans to Sinai desert (Egypt) in UN tents

3. IDF military ground offensive + US special forces for hostages

4. Remodel Philistinia/Gaza for LNG terminals and Israeli Gaza settlers 2.0

Bonus : building Jerusalem Temple 3.0

Oh my, you have a fertile imagination. 

I think Israel might create a large no man's land buffer zone on the Gaza border. 

I think they might be justified if they do.

• Like 2

Israeli army releases new details about hostages in Gaza
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has released a new statement with information about the 200 hostages that are currently being held in the Gaza Strip. It says:

More than 20 of them are children under the age of 18
The majority of the hostages are alive

Israeli defence minister vows to cut ties with Gaza Strip after war

The Israeli defence minister says that Once the war with Hamas is over, Israel will bring to an end its "responsibility" for life in the Gaza Strip.

During a briefing to parliament's foreign affairs and defence committee, Yoav Gallant listed the severing of ties with the coastal enclave as one objective of Israel's military campaign.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Thorgal said:

Can you provide a link/snippet to these 2 posts of you with your request that you've mentioned?

I have no clue about the topic of UK TV.

How can I refuse to answer or doing some trolling if you didn't explain in which fields or about which specific quotes.

You quoted it you find it.

4 hours ago, Thorgal said:

I don't know what's the lifecycle determination (plan) and budget for water pipelines in Gaza.

I have no clue if Hamas is using these pipes for rocket hardware as means of a general recycle plan.

I know that in non-saline environments it can be between 25 and 50 years for wrapped steel grade pipes.

Average main water line of 10"- SCH40 with wall thickness of +/- 10mm is overkill for rocket hardware.

Another deflection.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Such a fertile but bizarre imagination. Just to go through your first point

Royal Navy aircraft carrier will not be deployed to the Mediterranean

I already toasted a US Lt Gen from CNN in this topic with his limited rocket science knowledge.

Another challenge ? Why not.

https://www.navaltoday.com/2023/10/16/us-and-uk-sending-forces-to-eastern-mediterranean-to-support-israel/

UK fleet deployed to the East-Mediterranean includes also RFA Argus (A135).

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/our-organisation/the-fighting-arms/royal-fleet-auxiliary/casualty-ship/rfa-argus

RFA Argus was built in 1981 and from 1985 till 2009 used as a aviation training ship and from 2009 till today as a long casualty (medic) ship and as well able to carry small miliary aircrafts.

Why you refute that the UK is also sending an aircraft carrier is not clear to me ?

Bonus : NASA also qualifies helicopters as "aircraft" like me

https://www.nasa.gov/learning-resources/for-kids-and-students/what-is-a-helicopter-grades-k-4/#:~:text=A helicopter is a type,wings called blades to fly.

Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1