Apartments/Hotels for 1-month stay

decline

3 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Yesterday I checked a few apartments. All advertised "1-yr contract" but were willing to rent 1mo or more. I think it's a law to have minimum of 12m but this is Thailand and " your milage will vary..."

There is a regulation against short term AirBnB type of rentals (under 30 days) in an effort to stop residential condos being swamped with tourists. It would have to have a hotel licence. 

4 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Go for a walk in soi bukhao area and you will find several hotels offering monthly rates assuming you are not arriving mid december peak season.

I always got monthly  rates at The Residence Garden and Nova Park for my way back stays....although nowadays these places may be just dust!

4 hours ago, decline said:

I found a room for 5000, a bit far away from the beach but looks newly furnished and just a 1 month contract

5,000 sound pretty reasonable,  is it clean and tidy,  not rundown,   do you have a bathroom with shower,  is there some place near you can eat dinner or buy a drink?   I hope it's ok for you.

Please note:

Many require deposits and some up to several months in advance.   Depends on the rental term.  Not uncommon to find these amounts are not recoverable.   Varies much.   Just be aware.

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I always got monthly  rates at The Residence Garden and Nova Park for my way back stays....although nowadays these places may be just dust!

Nova Park is still going, daughter-in-law got an apartment above Jamesons for a couple of days not long back. It was very good.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2023 at 5:58 PM, decline said:

Budget is 6-8k + deposit, kitchen not needed, just a basic room that isn't a worn down sh*thole

As suggested you should have a look around Soi Bukhao, used to be many in your price range and some quite new, particularly in the Sutus Court area and Soi Lengkee.

• 4 weeks later...

For those looking for a Thai friend or relative I have found success talking with Thai people

(Building Security, Cleaning People, Massage Workers, Motorbike Taxi drivers)

These are generally rooms in buildings mostly Thai's reside, no view of water.

Make sure to ask about parking or if it has air conditioning or fan.