Being a loner in retirement

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

The 'neptune society' has a program for solo decreased. you pay while your alive and company representatives will collect your body and do a burial at sea. i think it includes repriation costs.

i'm not sure how they find out your gone though. must have a note on the public record to contact them in case of emergency or some such thing. eventually, they would probably get your body or what remained of it.

Just for US citizens?

13 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Im not a monk but pretty much live that way since I dont pay to play here.....

ok...easy to make a smartass comment, but instead I will say I respect any lifestlyle people choose as long as they do not harm others.

4 hours ago, Seeall said:

yes another good point....  dying oneself... so what...  but loved ones mourniong, missing and your affairs left behind to sort out... not nice... if you love them clean up your <deleted> 

Makes me think about wills here in TH .. after you have gone you cant come back to fix things up if its not correct.... a dilema... I guess best is complete POA to someone...

PoA ceases on death. 

A Will is certainly worth thinking about. First think about what you want to happen to your assets and take from there. I have seen oved ones lose out on a lot of money because that didn't happen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FlorC said:

Another thing I don't understand . What does it matter if I'm dying alone or some family member or friend is there with me ?

I'm more worried about the assets I leave behind.

Depends how long it takes you to die; depends whether you want someone to administer pain killers when you are writhing in agony and can't get off your ar5e, let alone get to the medicine cabinet. I am not trying to build a case for not being alone, I am just suggesting that people picture the potential end game. If they haven't already taken steps to ensure where/how their assets are going after death then they probably haven't considered that.

Just move into one of those retirement/assisted living places. First level is just like living in a condo with some cleaning and checks. As you age/deteriorate you get as much support as necessary, to the worst case with Alzheimer's where you can get 24x7 one on one care if needed. 

No need to try to entertain the wife/gf. No need to worry that the wife/gf will panic when you have a crisis, etc. etc. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Theory said:

Well

believe it or not, I live with my Thai gf but still I feel lonely. ???????? 

I feel we are living together, but we are stuck in our own time dimension. ????????

This is very true ,begs the question how many of you live with a partner just for the sake of not being lonely!

But you can't communicate and have conversations about the sex life of ants in Africa or about the Israel war conflict as your partner is not educated,so it's just a relationship for lonilesness 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FlorC said:

Another thing I don't understand . What does it matter if I'm dying alone or some family member or friend is there with me ?

I'm more worried about the assets I leave behind.

Which is why I finally made a will in Thailand so hopefully, my "estate" will be disposed of in the manner I choose.

15 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Problem is....we don't know when we are actually going to go unless the doctor gives you a approx time eg terminal cancer 

“There is no greater sorrow then to recall our times of joy in wretchedness.”  (Dante)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

This is very true ,begs the question how many of you live with a partner just for the sake of not being lonely!

But you can't communicate and have conversations about the sex life of ants in Africa or about the Israel war conflict as your partner is not educated,so it's just a relationship for lonilesness 

Nothing wrong with that.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have strongly strongly come to the conclusion that a lot of not only lonely people NEED this forum but also those with mental illness and lonely

What would they do if they didn't have this forum ??

George you also seem needy, stuck in a job you don't like, not brave enough to retire abroad, how long have you got left? with all those health conditions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Haven't met a single woman I would want to wake up with since I returned to home country. I'm not into grannies and under 30s would not even be interested in me.

Get a job (or get out of needing a job) and up your game until they ARE interested.

See you at the top buddy! ????.