Being a loner in retirement

3 hours ago, FlorC said:

Another thing I don't understand . What does it matter if I'm dying alone or some family member or friend is there with me ?

I'm more worried about the assets I leave behind.

Depends how long it takes you to die; depends whether you want someone to administer pain killers when you are writhing in agony and can't get off your ar5e, let alone get to the medicine cabinet. I am not trying to build a case for not being alone, I am just suggesting that people picture the potential end game. If they haven't already taken steps to ensure where/how their assets are going after death then they probably haven't considered that.

Just move into one of those retirement/assisted living places. First level is just like living in a condo with some cleaning and checks. As you age/deteriorate you get as much support as necessary, to the worst case with Alzheimer's where you can get 24x7 one on one care if needed. 

No need to try to entertain the wife/gf. No need to worry that the wife/gf will panic when you have a crisis, etc. etc. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Theory said:

Well

believe it or not, I live with my Thai gf but still I feel lonely. ???????? 

I feel we are living together, but we are stuck in our own time dimension. ????????

This is very true ,begs the question how many of you live with a partner just for the sake of not being lonely!

But you can't communicate and have conversations about the sex life of ants in Africa or about the Israel war conflict as your partner is not educated,so it's just a relationship for lonilesness 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FlorC said:

Another thing I don't understand . What does it matter if I'm dying alone or some family member or friend is there with me ?

I'm more worried about the assets I leave behind.

Which is why I finally made a will in Thailand so hopefully, my "estate" will be disposed of in the manner I choose.

15 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Problem is....we don't know when we are actually going to go unless the doctor gives you a approx time eg terminal cancer 

“There is no greater sorrow then to recall our times of joy in wretchedness.”  (Dante)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

This is very true ,begs the question how many of you live with a partner just for the sake of not being lonely!

But you can't communicate and have conversations about the sex life of ants in Africa or about the Israel war conflict as your partner is not educated,so it's just a relationship for lonilesness 

Nothing wrong with that.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have strongly strongly come to the conclusion that a lot of not only lonely people NEED this forum but also those with mental illness and lonely

What would they do if they didn't have this forum ??

George you also seem needy, stuck in a job you don't like, not brave enough to retire abroad, how long have you got left? with all those health conditions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Haven't met a single woman I would want to wake up with since I returned to home country. I'm not into grannies and under 30s would not even be interested in me.

Get a job (or get out of needing a job) and up your game until they ARE interested.

See you at the top buddy! ????.

On 10/8/2023 at 3:04 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Well I was proud of him and subscribed only to hear him in his latest vlog say that he paid a "cleaner " 200 baht a day to come in 3 times a week to clean up and chat to him for 4 hours  , I was disappointed,I thought he was sitting independently type 

He did not pay to have someone chat with him for four hours. He paid to clean and chat with no strings attached.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2023 at 2:13 PM, SunsetT said:

The only time I used to feel uncomfortably alone when content to live on my own for years in the UK was at Christmas. With the Christmas build up and the palpable hysteria on Christmas Eve and nearly everyone in the homes around me disappearing to be with friends and family over Christmas, it felt really strange and as if I should be accepting invitations and/or doing something special. But I preferred to choose not to and to treat it like any other day. I love it here in Thailand, where, beyond the Christmas carols and decorations in the supermarkets attempting to cash in, nothing happens on Christmas day and Christmas comes and goes like any other day.

I have completely no interest in festive days , western or here in Thailand. The decorations for Xmas in the supermarkets are kind of stupid because it is a buddist country . Only "holiday" I keep out of sight is songkran, of course. It is great here in Thailand , all western holidays are ignored , except for new year .

• Sad 1

On 10/9/2023 at 5:29 PM, hotandsticky said:

Depends how long it takes you to die; depends whether you want someone to administer pain killers when you are writhing in agony and can't get off your ar5e, let alone get to the medicine cabinet. I am not trying to build a case for not being alone, I am just suggesting that people picture the potential end game. If they haven't already taken steps to ensure where/how their assets are going after death then they probably haven't considered that.

Being alone does not mean I can't contact "outside" help.  If you are completely helpless , you may have hundreds friends or family , but you can't contact them either.

About assets , I can't take steps to ensure where they go.

4 minutes ago, FlorC said:

I have completely no interest in festive days , western or here in Thailand. The decorations for Xmas in the supermarkets are kind of stupid because it is a buddist country . Only "holiday" I keep out of sight is songkran, of course. It is great here in Thailand , all western holidays are ignored , except for new year .

I agree. Load of commercial crap.