Covid boosters MIA

eboy

18 minutes ago, eboy said:

Does anyone know why Covid boosters are not being offered by these Pattaya hospitals?

i would assume that the demand is just not there. could be wrong and would invite any info to prove me otherwise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eboy said:

Does anyone know why Covid boosters are not being offered by these Pattaya hospitals?

You might try to check with your local or regional Public Health office there in your area, as they likely would have the best info on the extent of local vaccine availability there, since the primary source of COVID vaccines here has continued to be the government.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, eboy said:

I had my last Covid booster about a year ago (October 2022) at Jomtien Hospital. I planned to return in a year and get an annual Covid booster at the same time as my annual flu shot. To my surprise, Jomtien Hospital, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, and Pattaya International Hospital are NOT currently offering Covid boosters. This is weird. After all the hysteria of the past few years I assumed Covid boosters would be here to stay in the same way as flu shots are. They are definitely being rolled out and recommended in the USA.

Does anyone know why Covid boosters are not being offered by these Pattaya hospitals? And is there a high quality hospital or clinic in the Pattaya area where they are being offered?

I got mine a couple months ago at Pattaya city hospital. They do it just one day s week and there is a fee. My other option was Banglamung hospital with no fee for long term visas. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In past go-rounds here, it's often fallen to initial COVID vaccine donations from other better off countries like France, Switzerland, the U.S. and South Korea to give Thailand access to the latest vaccines, before the Thais have acquired them on their own.

That's a nice way of putting it.

In other words, waiting (as usual) for the left-over freebies from The West.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Ah the well known purveyor of Covid misinformation.

Really don't have a lot of time for people who decide to get their medical information from YouTube, and supporters of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine like this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)

Really? those are leaders in their field. you can hear their qualifications at the beginning of the video.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The risk of serious health outcomes from the currently circulating COVID strains are very much focused on those say age 65 and above, and/or those with a wide range of pre-existing health conditions -- which probably covers a lot of members here on this forum.

However, there's also been recent evidence surfacing that even the current strains of COVID may cause other subsequent health damage to people, even if the COVID infection itself doesn't immediately make them seriously ill.

For example:

September 28, 2023

SARS-CoV-2 infects coronary arteries, increases plaque inflammation

NIH-funded research sheds light on link between COVID-19 infection and increased risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.

"SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, can directly infect the arteries of the heart and cause the fatty plaque inside arteries to become highly inflamed, increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke, according to a study funded by the National Institutes of Health.

The findings, published in the journal Nature Cardiovascular Research, may help explain why certain people who get COVID-19 have a greater chance of developing cardiovascular disease, or if they already have it, develop more heart-related complications.

Though previous studies have shown that SARS-CoV-2 can directly infect tissues such as the brain and lungs, less was known about its effect on the coronary arteries."

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/sars-cov-2-infects-coronary-arteries-increases-plaque-inflammation

The NIH also told you if you take the vaccine you won't catch Covid and that masks work.  Their credibility is gone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, RanongCat said:

Having "survived " two covid infections already without mrna  vaccination or serious impact I feel no rational reason to get a vaccine for the reportedly very mild new  variants.

Unfortunately, for the other rational people who want an updated booster shots the government as usual has made it difficult or impossible to get one. 

Edited by MrJ2U

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Lately, most of the vaccination info I've been seeing here in Bangkok is coming via the Bangkok Metropolitan Admin (local government) instead of from the national Ministry of Public Health.... Bangkok has regularly been making them available thru its network of public health centers.

For example, from a Sept. 27 post:

"From 1 October. C. 66 onwards. Where to get Covid 19 Vaccine

Public Health Service Center, Health Center invites you to inject Covid 19 vaccine

Open for walk in every Wednesday except public holidays.

Time 09.00 - 15.00 hrs.

At 69 Health Center

For more enquiries call 0 2203 2883 during office days and hours."

2.thumb.jpg.b0571d880a5cc8936708e34ef46b2de4.jpg

Source link

It would make sense for authorities to give prompt approuval to the recent vaccines which give better protection from infection. Maybe what could be gained from the bivalent vaccine is to reduce the chance of hosptalization. A new vaccine is coming in a few months (in the US) for the currently circulating variants.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, eboy said:

I had my last Covid booster about a year ago (October 2022) at Jomtien Hospital. I planned to return in a year and get an annual Covid booster at the same time as my annual flu shot. To my surprise, Jomtien Hospital, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, and Pattaya International Hospital are NOT currently offering Covid boosters. This is weird. After all the hysteria of the past few years I assumed Covid boosters would be here to stay in the same way as flu shots are. They are definitely being rolled out and recommended in the USA.

Does anyone know why Covid boosters are not being offered by these Pattaya hospitals? And is there a high quality hospital or clinic in the Pattaya area where they are being offered?

CALL THEM!!!!

On 10/8/2023 at 5:03 PM, eboy said:

Because they are a waste of time. If you haven't caught it and died before now, it ain't going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There  still exists this almost  pseudo religious for or against inn the discussion over vaccination and in particular the MRNA vaccines .

While so many would defend individual rights but bend to accommodate imposition of initially experimental vaccines, and suppression of so many social freedoms why is there  so much angst over the  subject when Influenzas, RSV, Malaria, Dengue, Pneumonia variants collectively or individually  cause the annual death of  millions despite the existence of vaccines or treatment regimes?

Given that vaccination does not necessarily prevent potential cross infection because it does not eliminate infection should logically suggest that vaccination should remain voluntary,

The social and economic backlash of fascist mandates should be well abandoned in favor of realistic education rather than threat .

As of now such legal backlash implications are genuinely the subject of expensive claims.

Pfizer stocks were shedding prior to Covid but rebounded  extraordinarily with the provision of "emergency use" authorization. Now same  stock value is heading towards pre covid  vaccine  valuation due to legal costs.

I am curious enough to wonder if Fauci and Co divested in same and similar as quickly as they have departed from public attention ?

I am not actually "anti vax" . I am however suspicious about the evolution of the covid pandemic and the inevitable valid

• Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps the poster above has missed the fact that COVID vaccinations in the U.S. and Thailand and most other places lately have been and are entirely voluntary.... But acknowledging that would spoil his false arguments above.

And beyond that, as far as an update from the U.S.:

"Around 4 million people received the updated Pfizer (PFE.N)/BioNTech (22UAy.DE) or Moderna (MRNA.O) shots in September, and 12 million doses were shipped, according to data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The U.S. government has recommended all Americans ages 6 months and older receive one."

"At the beginning of last week, Pfizer said it had shipped and delivered more than 10 million doses of its 2023-2024 COVID-19 vaccine, including more than 1 million pediatric doses. Moderna has also said it has shipped millions of doses."

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/new-covid-shots-still-hard-find-some-americans-2023-10-08/

Worth noting that in addition to approving the newer versions of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines, the U.S. government also gave new approval to a non-mRNA vaccine by Novavax -- though I have no idea whether that particular vaccine will ever become available in Thailand.

FDA Authorizes Updated Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Formulated to Better Protect Against Currently Circulating Variants

October 03, 2023

"Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) of the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted for use in individuals 12 years of age and older to include the 2023-2024 formula.

Consistent with the totality of the evidence and input from the FDA’s expert advisors, the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted, a monovalent vaccine, has been updated to include the spike protein from the SARS-CoV-2 omicron variant lineage XBB.1.5 (2023-2024 formula).

“The COVID-19 vaccines have saved countless lives and have prevented serious outcomes of COVID-19 caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus,” said Peter Marks, M.D., Ph.D., director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research."

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-authorizes-updated-novavax-covid-19-vaccine-formulated-better-protect-against-currently

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

I am curious enough to wonder if Fauci and Co divested in same and similar as quickly as they have departed from public attention ?

Another bogus, unsourced and unsubstantiated claim:

Conservative Posts Misrepresent Royalty Payments to Fauci and Collins

Posted on August 25, 2023

SciCheck Digest

Documents show that Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Francis Collins received 58 royalty payments from 2010 to 2021 for their research. Only three of the payments came in 2020 or 2021; the rest were made prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/08/scicheck-conservative-posts-misrepresent-royalty-payments-to-fauci-and-collins/

Fact Check-Anthony Fauci is not ‘part of Pfizer’ as posts claim

"Posts claiming Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), is “part of Pfizer,” the company that has developed one of the COVID-19 vaccines, are false.

Any position held in Pfizer or financial relationship with the company would have to be disclosed publicly, as per the Ethics in Government Act ( ethics.od.nih.gov/fd , here ).

Reuters previously debunked other posts that falsely claimed Fauci was tied to Moderna Inc. ( here )"

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-fauci-pfizer/fact-check-anthony-fauci-is-not-part-of-pfizer-as-posts-claim-idUSL1N2P31NR

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1