Mall shooting unlikely to impact Thai tourism, but other factors could rain on the parade

webfact

It's more the greed of the brand outlets or store owners,  who are displaying absurd and overrated prices in the malls,  that will deter foreigners to spend and cause big loss for the economy.

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

when will TAT realizes their hopes/estimates are just barely wishful thinking/hoping/estimating  555  Chinese will not come in masses as before, sure some will come but not the numbers TAT expects, majority of Chinese people don't have spare money for international travel

Maybe they find out how beautiful Hainan in their own country is.????

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Nothing at all damages tourism in Teflon Thailand.

If someone is clever enough to put up a throw away web site pointing out that when a Thai kills another Thai the Falang tourist will pay all the costs including compensation to the families of people we have not and never will meet. Methinks that will send tourists in another direction.

Obviously I am angered by this proposed unnecessary imposition on people who have saved hard to come to Thailand for a holiday only to be ripped off before even getting into the country.

I have no doubt that the government in it’s ignorance will enact this proposal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, JustinCredible said:

Surely the 300 Baht "Tourist Entry" fee will have a bigger impact on numbers than the shooting.  Maybe they will drop that fee for Chinese, Russian and Indian visitors..........

Only for the Chinese, the Indians, and the Russians. Everyone else coughs up.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

when will TAT realizes their hopes/estimates are just barely wishful thinking/hoping/estimating  555  Chinese will not come in masses as before, sure some will come but not the numbers TAT expects, majority of Chinese people don't have spare money for international travel

Run on banks , they could arrest you 

Edited by Irish star

51 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Thousands of Chinese losing their employment as businesses go bankrupt, factories closing almost daily, cities becoming ghost-towns... condos and apartments empty from what used to be full of workers.

They've had to return to home towns to seek work.

China is slowly imploding... and TAT think China is still Thailands tourism saviour.

Thank god back to the Laundry Days 

• Like 1

TAT stated a few days ago that due to the shootings Chinese tourism had dropped by 30% I saw in another article how the Chinese had invaded Dubai for the Chinese holiday I think I would believe the news coming out of Dubai rather than what TAT come up with . Let’s wait and see what brainwave they come up with tomorrow 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

yes, for me Hainan is nice but not beautiful and Hainan is not Chinese as it has been invaded by the Russians, have u been recently to Sanya(grad)

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

yes, for me Hainan is nice but not beautiful and Hainan is not Chinese as it has been invaded by the Russians, have u been recently to Sanya(grad)

Most Chinese are low spending tourists. There are some wealthy one. Most of them avoid Thailand for many valid  reasons. So, you have alot of lower to middle income Chinese, Russians, Malaysian, Indians and Arabs now. That is the mix. Gone are the days of affluent Westerners. 

You make your bed, and then you have to lie in it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Chinese anycase do not spend much. They also often carry their own groceries in their luggage and chose guest houses with kitchens.

They dwarf any other country in total money spent.  believe what you want I guess.

• Like 1