Where the ultra rich spend their holidays ? Nobody comes to Thailand, why ?

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Led Zeppelin band members vacationed in Thailand.

Not sure if it was before they got really big.

Probably some other rich and famous people do. 

Martial Arts extraordinaire Steven Seagal

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

The hotel files the TM30, it does not involve you in any way shape or form. So you are not dealing with any "bs" at all.

Last time at Chaeng Watthana I paid a fine for doing exactly that. Sure the hotel filed a report, but I did not file when I returned "home".

6 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Last time at Chaeng Watthana I paid a fine for doing exactly that. Sure the hotel filed a report, but I did not file when I returned "home".

Seconded. Two of my landlords outright refused filing the required TM.30. It made me wonder how many hotels don't do it either...

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Celsius said:

The comment was made about "bs" for tourists, last time I checked tourists don't go home in Thailand, they fly in and fly home.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just about every place on that list is in the US or Europe.  So the ultra rich don't go to Singapore?  Japan?  S. Korea?  Australia?  Latin America?  Why is the OP picking on Thailand?  Basically, who cares where the "ultra rich" spends their holidays.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Many still think of Thailand in the same category as Cambodia, Vietnam, etc.  3rd worldish low level countries with not really much to offer rich people.

They dont think that, it is still the same category. I havent seen improvements in the past ten years, quite the opposite.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

The hotel files the TM30, it does not involve you in any way shape or form. So you are not dealing with any "bs" at all.

For extensions you need to bring a copy of it nowadays at most places so you do deal with it all the time.

same plenty not do it unless you ask

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

For extensions you need to bring a copy of it nowadays at most places so you do deal with it all the time.

same plenty not do it unless you ask

The average tourist stays between 9-18 days, so will not be doing an extension at all

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1154981/thailand-length-of-stay-of-hotel-guests-by-region-of-origin/

• Confused 1

Not sure attracting what by nature is a small group of people would make a great deal of difference to anyone other than an already rich group of business owners catering to them. I doubt the staff serving them are paid substantially more than those in less exclusive establishments.

Well done @BE88. You obviously didn't bother to read you own article before typing your misleading title.

This article (to which there is no link BTW) is about where the ultra rich own properties. It has nothing to do with where they (might) take their holidays.

Of course, one could argue that they don't visit Thailand because, as we all know, foreigners are not allowed to buy property here. Although I'm sure they could find a way round that ruling if they really wanted to, but we mere mortals would never get to here about that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Well done @BE88. You obviously didn't bother to read you own article before typing your misleading title.

This article (to which there is no link BTW) is about where the ultra rich own properties. It has nothing to do with where they (might) take their holidays.

Of course, one could argue that they don't visit Thailand because, as we all know, foreigners are not allowed to buy property here. Although I'm sure they could find a way round that ruling if they really wanted to, but we mere mortals would never get to here about that.

BWT Why are you such a  troubleshooter?

But thank you for at least giving an answer as to why rich people don't come to Thailand.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I "know" one of the richest guys from Myanmar. He likes to spend time in the bars in Soi Cowboy - since years. 

But if he would have to answer some official survey, I am not so sure that that would be what he would tell them. ???? 

It's the temples obviously.

• Like 1

Just now, Don Chance said:

If you are ultra rich anyone can google your name and learn about you, they are not going to go some hole 3rd world country with corrupt cops under every rock. They could easily be extorted or kidnapped.

I don't know, but the ultra rich that I know have been here, as it has been very well documented in the press, are

Bill Gates - Beyonce - David Beckham (even owns a house here) - Leonardo di Caprio - Mick Jagger - Kim Kardashian

I'm sure there will be more

• Haha 1