Altercation with Ladyboys at Pattaya Beach Shocks Foreign Tourists

webfact

7 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Which may be why so many of them get into trouble down there as well.

I think its more likely that they go to beach road because they've heard about the katoeys and go to view them as if they are some kind of tourist attraction. They can also avoid having to buy beers in a bar - something that seems popular amongst Indians/Chinese. If that is the case, I have some sympathy for the katoeys. Only some though.

Edited by MangoKorat

9 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Well that is extremely rare.

And how much bigger is the average farang than the average Thai?  I guess if you planned to fight an NFL sized guy you also might hope a few of your friends would help you out. 

Best idea is avoid getting into any fights ever in Thailand (or anywhere else as well).  In USA the size advantage is very often overcome by smaller guy pulling out a gun.  Fortunately so far at least that seems fairly rare in Thailand though baseball bats and machetes do come into play.

I once asked the resident "hello" ladyboy in a bar what she/he did if she got back to room with a big guy that did not know what he had picked up.  She said happens a lot as most of them drunk.

I said don't u worry that they will beat you up when they figure out what's down below.

She/He said oh what she does is tell guy very very bad lady time and cannot go down there but she will give best BJ ever and blow load in mouth ....to which most guys said oh ok.....and most never the wiser as to the fling they just had with a guy...in fact i would bet most of them did a lot of bragging the next day about the best ever BJ....

Ladyboys are becoming a bigger and bigger problem and will ultimately seriously damage tourism in Pattaya, which is probably the single most lucrative part of the tourist trade. It is high time to rope these violent <deleteds> in and kick them out of Tombstone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

Ladyboys are becoming a bigger and bigger problem and will ultimately seriously damage tourism in Pattaya, which is probably the single most lucrative part of the tourist trade. It is high time to rope these violent <deleteds> in and kick them out of Tombstone.

Maybe you're new, but Beach Road hookers and ladyboys in particular have been a problem for many years! 

31 minutes ago, pomchop said:

....and most never the wiser as to the fling they just had with a guy...in fact i would bet most of them did a lot of bragging the next day about the best ever BJ....

I met a fellow from Texas working a temp job, he told me for a while he was a trans hooker in New Orleans.  He said at least half of the guys he did probably had no idea.  Or maybe this is a braggadocio thing in that world.

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

I met a fellow from Texas working a temp job, he told me for a while he was a trans hooker in New Orleans.  He said at least half of the guys he did probably had no idea.  Or maybe this is a braggadocio thing in that world.

And you believed him? 

23 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Every other week there is a violent incident involving the same ladyboy group on beach road - and those are just the ones reported, there are incidents on a regular basis that aren't. Given their aggressiveness and violent nature they shouldn't be allowed to ply their trade there and be a menace to innocent tourists walking near the beach. I have no problem with them doing whatever the hell they want in ladyboy bars and clubs, but being afraid to walk on street road because men in dresses are acting like thugs and attack at the slightest provocation really is hurting the image of Pattaya, lol.

you didn't address any of my questions but instead chose to continue to just complain about ladyboys per se. I've seen these ladyboys at Pattaya & others in areas of Thailand and they can be a bit "pushy" and/or "forceful" but they're only aggressive and/or violent when we react badly. Like most Thai guys do.  Maybe you're forgetting they are guys? Your use of the adjectives "aggressive" & "violent" can just as easily be levelled at the moronic drunken foreigners who encounter them and who - more often than not - make no attempt to hide their distaste and dislike for the ladyboys often mocking them and pointing like they're a circus act there for their entertainment. 

If these cowering foreigners learned how to behave properly - especially after they've had a drink - I guarantee there would be far fewer incidents. 

The ladyboys take a never-ending barrage of verbal abuse from foreigners so it's no surprise if they react/over-react sometimes.

I'm pretty sure that if you let them be and kept out of their faces they'd let you be too.........because you can take it as red they're not psychos.  You wouldn't challenge a Thai motocycle driver - unless you were drunk - because you know they will not tolerate it and you'll end up in a fight! 

Why do you expect ladyboys to put up with it? 

Edited by Jackbenimble
extend my point

14 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

In fact you are incorrect, 'MONOGENIC OBESITY' although rare, can be traced though familes. I had neighbours when I was a kid where the mother was obese and her two children were like carbon copies of her in terms of both looks and obesity.

However, I was using genetic as an overarching term to cover other types of 'involuntary obesity'.  There are several conditions that cause someone to be fat whilst only eating the amount of food that they need.  Some of these conditions are the result of complex chemical interactions between the body and nutrients.  Some of these conditions are fully understood but they are very real.

There are also hormonal factors - as I personally know very well.  Part of my treatment for Prostate Cancer included Hormone Therapy.  I was told that I may put on 'a little' weight, particularly around my waste, whilst receiving the treatment.  Having had an almost flat stomach all my life I developed a 'beer belly' and put on over 10kg within 3 months whilst eating nothing more than my usual diet.  For some reason this fat has been very hard to remove - something I was also warned of. A usual programme of dieting resulted in me losing weight elsewhere whilst the fat around my waist more or less remained.  It is going slowly but it is very difficult to move - and I've been receiving advice from a professional dietician.

Whislt I would accept that most obesity is self inflicted through over-eating, lack of excercise and poor diet, I can assure you that it is not always a 'voluntary condition' - grasshopper!

Excuses, excuses. There were no 'FAT PEOPLE' in Auschwitz.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

The ladyboys take a never-ending barrage of verbal abuse from foreigners so it's no surprise if they react/over-react sometimes.

Whilst I don't disagree, ladyboys create a lot of their own problems.  Having been attacked and robbed by a group of them a few years back, they are not exactly, my favourite people.

You can probably understand that most tourists are not so happy to be grabbed in the crotch by a guy!!

At the time the police in Lumpini told me that Ladyboys were responsible for the majority of street crime in central Bangkok.  Apparently they commit most of the robberies and pickpocketing etc. and when the police get called to a fight - many involve ladyboys.

On 10/16/2023 at 12:29 PM, MangoKorat said:

In fact you are incorrect, 'MONOGENIC OBESITY' although rare, can be traced though familes. I had neighbours when I was a kid where the mother was obese and her two children were like carbon copies of her in terms of both looks and obesity.

However, I was using genetic as an overarching term to cover other types of 'involuntary obesity'.  There are several conditions that cause someone to be fat whilst only eating the amount of food that they need.  Some of these conditions are the result of complex chemical interactions between the body and nutrients.  Some of these conditions are fully understood but they are very real.

There are also hormonal factors - as I personally know very well.  Part of my treatment for Prostate Cancer included Hormone Therapy.  I was told that I may put on 'a little' weight, particularly around my waste, whilst receiving the treatment.  Having had an almost flat stomach all my life I developed a 'beer belly' and put on over 10kg within 3 months whilst eating nothing more than my usual diet.  For some reason this fat has been very hard to remove - something I was also warned of. A usual programme of dieting resulted in me losing weight elsewhere whilst the fat around my waist more or less remained.  It is going slowly but it is very difficult to move - and I've been receiving advice from a professional dietician.

Whislt I would accept that most obesity is self inflicted through over-eating, lack of excercise and poor diet, I can assure you that it is not always a 'voluntary condition' - grasshopper!

Along the line of off topic putting on weight issues.  

I used to weigh 165, then alternately put on weight and losing some of it until I was up to 205 pounds.   I also became lethargic and almost any kind of sustained exercise, including long walks, caused a feeling of overexertion and feelings of fatigue.  When it reached the point of nearly passing out after walking up a flight of stairs, I started talking to doctors.   

One of my doctors, at a Veterans Administration (U.S of A.) medical facility orders a bunch of blood work.   She found that I had a hyper active parathyroid condition.   One of the four parathyroid glands was, malfunctioning, which required surgery to remove it.   In four weeks I lost 20 pounds.   Four years later I am still about 180 pounds and still have some residual fatigue issues that may or may not be age related (I'm in mid 70's), exercise regularly, and have no more problems walking up stairs. 

Without the surgery I would have continued to gain weight.   I don't eat a lot of food.  I eat until I am no longer hungry.   I eat all the unhealthy fat producing food, like a Burger King whopper hamburger and a large order of French fries, I usually eat half the order, getting two meals and sometimes a snack from one order.      At restaurants that gives you a salad before the main course, I don't eat the salads because it will satiate my hunger and then I have to take the rest of the food home to eat later.   

Regarding those orders of Burger King Whoppers and large fries.  I have seen people eat two of those orders at one sitting!   They were also skinny.   Sort of like a 3 foot or more diameter beach ball with legs, arms, and a head on it. 

Edited by radiochaser
  • Like 1

When one sees the amount of those macho falang bikers or big tatooed bodybuilders or squeeky clean english speaking Joe Soaps trying to be discreet on following the lady boy back to the boum-boum hotel, no worries for their business down below and behind the scenes.

On 10/16/2023 at 12:19 PM, malibukid said:

yes, but their brains are wired female

Total rubbish, in this country they are taught from the age of 2 to be eventual ladyboys usually by the grandmother aided and abetted by the mother reasoning the IT will earn big money for the family by selling it self.

These children are not given a chance to be anything other because they get brainwashed from every angle, my Gf is a case in point her 2 year old has just started his training ( damb it he is not out of nappies yet but he is running around in frilly underwear and a freaking dress) whilst her first born was obviously far to masculine from an earlier age to be subjected to the same treatment luckily for him.

I have tried to talk her out of this travesty but the pat answer is SHE will be very beautiful so I have given up and hope that the child will find happiness such as it may be.

20 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I don't eat the salads because it will satiate my hunger

I don’t mean to be  offensive and I know where you are coming from having been in your position with a much higher body weight problem due to a medical condition but please read your own words and ask yourself why you order so much food when by your own admission you don’t need it.

your words.   I don’t eat the salads because it will satiate my hunger.

Bingo weight problem solved.

On 10/18/2023 at 11:28 AM, Jimjim1 said:

I don’t mean to be  offensive and I know where you are coming from having been in your position with a much higher body weight problem due to a medical condition but please read your own words and ask yourself why you order so much food when by your own admission you don’t need it.

your words.   I don’t eat the salads because it will satiate my hunger.

Bingo weight problem solved.

One hamburger and French fries is not a big order.   I eat half of it and then four or five or more hours later, eat the rest of it.  Some days that is all I eat.     I make a cheese sandwich, three thin pieces of cheese on two pieces of bread, 10 ounces of milk or a 8 ounce soda, and sometimes I don't finish eating that.    When I was hospitalized one time, it was documented that I ate less than 2000 calories of food a day.   The doctors and nurses were encouraging me to eat more.   

I only eat till I am not hungry, then stop.      I don't eat everything on my plate.   According to the internet, the ideal weight range for someone my age and height is 194 - 210 pounds.   I weigh 184 or 185 after getting out of the shower.   Also according to the internet, my weight is normal.   I recently had my yearly physical, doc said my weight was in the normal range. 

So, no weight problem it seems.   

On 10/18/2023 at 9:15 AM, Jimjim1 said:

Total rubbish, in this country they are taught from the age of 2 to be eventual ladyboys usually by the grandmother aided and abetted by the mother reasoning the IT will earn big money for the family by selling it self.

These children are not given a chance to be anything other because they get brainwashed from every angle, my Gf is a case in point her 2 year old has just started his training ( damb it he is not out of nappies yet but he is running around in frilly underwear and a freaking dress) whilst her first born was obviously far to masculine from an earlier age to be subjected to the same treatment luckily for him.

I have tried to talk her out of this travesty but the pat answer is SHE will be very beautiful so I have given up and hope that the child will find happiness such as it may be.

Damn.... 

But Asian ppl are naturally a bit less masculine than say, central Europeans. So there are environmental reasons why it happens

Plus it also happens in Brazil. Maybe it has something to do with the equator. 

On the surface, I agree. Its a travesty. But female beauty does open some doors for you. Just think of it. If the kid grows up, he might be a beta male in a 3rd world country anyway. What opportunity will he have other than living and working in squalor ? They did have the sense to know the other kid was too masculine. 

I think we are going to start seeing this more and more even in the 1st world as it merges into the 3rd world. As there are less and less opportunities in the post industrial hellscape. 

Edited by Harsh Jones