McDonald's picks sides in Gaza conflict ... oops

KhunLA

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You can give Gaza & Hamas all the money you want, but if Israel won't allow supplies to cross the border, then useless.

Many would love to leave Gaza, but again, Israel & Egypt control the border and don't allow it.

They even stopped travel between Gaza & W. Bank, cutting off families and support from other Palestinians.

If the border is shut so tight, then how did Hamas somehow acquire the materials and explosives necessary to manufacture literally THOUSANDS of rockets, which are regularly shot into Israel? Not to mention the weapons used by the terrorists last week, the paragliders, etc.  

Nah, it is obviously a conscious choice. Arms over infrastructure.  

I am sure many would love to leave Gaza, but to go where? As I wrote before, there is no love for Palestinians in any of their ethnic/religious brother nations.  That is why they have been languishing for 70 plus years. Not the Israeli's fault or the world's fault.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

If the border is shut so tight, then how did Hamas somehow acquire the materials and explosives necessary to manufacture literally THOUSANDS of rockets, which are regularly shot into Israel? Not to mention the weapons used by the terrorists last week, the paragliders, etc.  

Nah, it is obviously a conscious choice. Arms over infrastructure.  

I am sure many would love to leave Gaza, but to go where? As I wrote before, there is no love for Palestinians in any of their ethnic/religious brother nations.  That is why they have been languishing for 70 plus years. Not the Israeli's fault or the world's fault.

Yes, one does wonder who & how these proxy wars are supplied.   Well, I don't, but then I'm just a conspiracy nut ... or so I'm told when thinking out loud ????

Probably something as simply as 'follow the money to the profiteers' would answer that query, but may be hazardous to one's (investigative reporter's) health, if reported.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

Why do you think it happened?

One would argue that to have peace and prosperity a nation of people would allow other nations of people to also have peace and prosperity... the arabs have never in the history of the middle east allowed this to happen... they have goaded and goaded the jewish nation of Israel at every opportunity... their fate is on them and their behavior.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

One would argue that to have peace and prosperity a nation of people would allow other nations of people to also have peace and prosperity... the arabs have never in the history of the middle east allowed this to happen... they have goaded and goaded the jewish nation of Israel at every opportunity... their fate is on them and their behavior.

Some would argue the exact opposite is and has been in play for some time!

Just now, Skipalongcassidy said:

And who is it choosing to behave this way... arab terrorists is the correct answer

That's one answer, I don't condone what Hamas did but the score to date is 1400 dead Israeli's, 2800 dead Palestinians, there are terrorists on both sides!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 2baht said:

That's one answer, I don't condone what Hamas did but the score to date is 1400 dead Israeli's, 2800 dead Palestinians, there are terrorists on both sides!

Do Israeli forces deliberately target Gazan civilians? 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

How about a chunk of Iraq or Syria or Egypt for the Palestinians? They are more than 100 times the size of Israel. Leave the Jews their small slice of paradise.

It was their country first????

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

It was their country first????

Really? According to whom? 

This is a ridiculous argument that can be carried to absurd levels. The Ottoman empire can just as easily say the same. Or the Romans. Or the Assyrians. Or the neanderthals.  

Maps change over time. Borders change too.  Look at any map of the world today and compare it to even 100 years ago. Not the same. The ME is the same too. Borders change, nations are born, wars are lost and territory lost also. 

42 minutes ago, 2baht said:

War is not a game. You do not win or lose by counting bodies. You also don't stop once you have 'equalled the score' of the other side.

...or should Israel merely do just as Hamas did? Perhaps find a music festival in Gaza and murder 250 people there. Count the number of rape victims in Israel, then rape exactly the same number of Gazan women.  It is a facile argument.

9 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Perhaps an airstrike on a building in Gaza with women and children!

You mean AFTER the Israelis dropped leaflets telling civilians to leave?  Or drop a small 'warning bomb' to alert the residents to get out?

Or should they try to find a building that doesn't have Hamas infrastructure, weapons, and supplies.... good luck with that. 

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You mean AFTER the Israelis dropped leaflets telling civilians to leave?  Or drop a small 'warning bomb' to alert the residents to get out?

Or should they try to find a building that doesn't have Hamas infrastructure, weapons, and supplies.... good luck with that. 

There is no solution till one side annihilates the other whoever that may be!

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Well they did'nt commit suicide!

That's no answer. People (including civilians) die in wars all the time. There's no wholesale labeling of it as 'terrorism', though. Targeting civilians is one thing, what Israel does is another.

22 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Given the billions of dollars in aid given to Gaza over the years, their lack of infrastructure can only be placed on those who govern the area. In other words, Hamas. They spent the money on weapons and tunnels, not on water treatment plants and power generators.  

Given the israeli's propensity to destroy Gaza infrastructure, it would probably be a waste of time building water treatment plants, even if the israelis allowed them too, which is doubtful as they probably wish to keep them dependent on water controlled by the israelis.

Gaza does have a power generator, but without fuel, which is cut off by the israelis it doesn't work.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

and where can they go without being killed? Seems nowhere, when even hospitals are being bombed.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

By what convoluted reasoning is it not the israeli's fault? They displaced many of the people in Gaza when they created israel by taking other people's land, and have been oppressing them ever since.

The western world is also at fault by turning a blind eye to israel's flouting of international law.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

By what convoluted reasoning is it not the israeli's fault? They displaced many of the people in Gaza when they created israel by taking other people's land, and have been oppressing them ever since.

The western world is also at fault by turning a blind eye to israel's flouting of international law.

Whose land did Israel take exactly? As I recall history, Israel was created by the UN, then suddenly attacked by 5 countries.  The refugee crisis is a result of that attack. And the sad irony is that the attacking countries REFUSED, and continue to refuse, to accept any refugees into their lands as residents. OR even at all in many cases.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given the israeli's propensity to destroy Gaza infrastructure, it would probably be a waste of time building water treatment plants, even if the israelis allowed them too, which is doubtful as they probably wish to keep them dependent on water controlled by the israelis.

Gaza does have a power generator, but without fuel, which is cut off by the israelis it doesn't work.

Despite your attempts to deny it, the destruction periodically and currently visited on the Gaza Strip does have something to do with Hamas actions and policy.

20 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Whose land did Israel take exactly? As I recall history, Israel was created by the UN, then suddenly attacked by 5 countries.  The refugee crisis is a result of that attack. And the sad irony is that the attacking countries REFUSED, and continue to refuse, to accept any refugees into their lands as residents. OR even at all in many cases.

Given you and I have similar viewpoints on different subjects than israel I do not wish to put you on ignore, but I will not be responding to your posts concerning israel.

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You seem to unaware that Gaza also shares a border with Egypt as well and Gazains manage to get enough fuel to fire 10 000 rockets , an idea would be to use that fuel to fire power stations instead of firing rockets ?

Palestinians used water pipes to make rockets  and how they have no pipes for water 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2023 at 2:35 PM, Hanaguma said:

The flaw in your logic is assuming that only Jews would support McUgly's in their actions.  In reality, the vast majority of people in the rich G7 world support Israel whether or not they are Jewish.  I will be having a Big Mac set myself tomorrow for lunch in solidarity. 

Completely wrong. Those of us who are educated, and humane, do not support israel. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Completely wrong. Those of us who are educated, and humane, do not support israel. 

You can pretend everyone who supports Israel is uneducated and inhumane. No problem with that. Doesn't make it true, of course, and looking at some of the 'pro-Palestinain' and resulting mayhem, one got to wonder.  

On 10/16/2023 at 4:33 PM, Hanaguma said:

How about a chunk of Iraq or Syria or Egypt for the Palestinians? They are more than 100 times the size of Israel. Leave the Jews their small slice of paradise.

Ridiculous!
How about the Jews stop trying to claim land that they forfeited 2,000 years ago? Or are you OK with the US being retaken by Native Americans, or the UK being subject to the Angles, or Saxons? 

41 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Ridiculous!
How about the Jews stop trying to claim land that they forfeited 2,000 years ago? Or are you OK with the US being retaken by Native Americans, or the UK being subject to the Angles, or Saxons? 

How about dealing with the reality that Israel exists?