Bangkok father arrested for incestuous rape of daughter leading to pregnancy

snoop1130

IMG_6979.jpg

A shocking case of incestuous rape emerged leading to the arrest of a man who confessed to sexually abusing his 14 year old daughter, resulting in her pregnancy.

Paveena Hongsakul, the Chair of the Paveena Hongsakul Foundation for Children and Women, today, October 17, at 11am, accompanied the victim’s mother, 34 year old Oi (pseudonym), to the Prawet Police Station to follow up on the case.

The disturbing events began in April 2022 when the 40 year old father, Somchai (name withheld), took his 12 year old daughter, Bee (pseudonym), from Buriram province to stay with him during school holidays at a construction camp on Soi On Nut 70/1 in Prawet, Bangkok.

During their time together the incestuous rape of Bee began. She later fled to live with her aunt at Soi On Nut 66 junction 19-16. However, Somchai continued his incestuous rape behaviour. When the school term began, he sent Bee back to study in Buriram.

During the new year holidays, from the end of December 2022 to the beginning of January, Somchai travelled back to Buriram and sexually assaulted Bee again. Later, during the April holidays, he brought Bee back to the same construction camp in Bangkok, where he continued his sexual abuse.

In May this year, Bee moved to Bangkok to study in secondary school. Her teacher noticed in August that she might be pregnant and informed her aunt. A pregnancy test confirmed the teacher’s suspicions.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Picture courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

According to the bible genesis 19: 1–38, raping your daughter is better than being gay.  So good job Somchai.

Does not say that at all, Lot offered his daughters to shame them into not indulging in sodomy. No daughter was raped and no incest.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I remember many years ago when I lived in Bangkok a friend told me incest was rife up in the north, 

Incest has always been rife in Thailand  but it is rarely consensual.  Brothers, uncles and even fathers are usually the guilty ones.  My wife told me that in Thailand mothers are always very wary of leaving their daughters alone with male relatives.  Obviously with good cause!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Did she tell you about her incest experience? 

No.  Her family are made up mainly of police officers of varying ranks.  It is not uncommon for them to be involved in domestic violence offences and they often involve rape within families.

On 10/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, dunroaming said:

Incest has always been rife in Thailand  but it is rarely consensual

When I was young (around 14yo),I was living in Sydney, my best friend and his family took me on their yearly holiday, we went to a country town west of Newcastle.

We were staying at his cousins house, the parents went out shopping one morning left us kids alone, 4 boys and the sister.

We had some chores to do while the parents were out shopping, us boys came to an agreement with the sister, we were all allowed to have sex with her as long as we did the vacuuming and washed the dishes.

This incest was consensual. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 10/19/2023 at 7:40 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

When I was young (around 14yo),I was living in Sydney, my best friend and his family took me on their yearly holiday, we went to a country town west of Newcastle.

We were staying at his cousins house, the parents went out shopping one morning left us kids alone, 4 boys and the sister.

We had some chores to do while the parents were out shopping, us boys came to an agreement with the sister, we were all allowed to have sex with her as long as we did the vacuuming and washed the dishes.

This incest was consensual. 

"we were all allowed to have sex with her as long as we did the vacuuming and washed the dishes."   Sounds a bit like my marriage 😄

I was making no judgement call with my comment, but I was referring to Thailand and the situation there, not as a general point of view.  Your experiences with your sister and brothers are obviously a private matter for you and your conscience.  The legality of your actions may be questionable but hey!  Whatever floats your boat.

11 hours ago, dunroaming said:

"we were all allowed to have sex with her as long as we did the vacuuming and washed the dishes."   Sounds a bit like my marriage 😄

I was making no judgement call with my comment, but I was referring to Thailand and the situation there, not as a general point of view.  Your experiences with your sister and brothers are obviously a private matter for you and your conscience.  The legality of your actions may be questionable but hey!  Whatever floats your boat.

Your comment, it read that you was bashing Thailand, being negative, singling out Thailand, saying incest behavior is widespread, extensive and common. 

Shame on you 

The point I was making, incest happens everywhere, not just Thailand.

On 10/21/2023 at 9:39 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Your comment, it read that you was bashing Thailand, being negative, singling out Thailand, saying incest behavior is widespread, extensive and common. 

Shame on you 

The point I was making, incest happens everywhere, not just Thailand.

I call it as I see it. I lived and had a business in Thailand for over 15 years.  I have a Thai wife (been together for over twenty years) and our son was born in Chiang Mai.  My wife's family contains several policemen of differing ranks including a police colonel. Her sister manages a local government office in Nakhon Sawan. Most of my information comes from members of her family.  I enjoyed my time in Thailand very much and having relatives in the RTP opened quite a few doors for me.

As for your point about incest.  The report was specifically about  an incident in Thailand so obviously that is what I was responding too.  Incest is also rife in many African and Asian countries as well as in the west.  But the article wasn't about them.

Was I bashing Thailand?  I took off my rose tinted glasses concerning Thailand many years ago.  It has many things to enjoy but like everywhere else it has a dark side.