Whats the meaning of life?

bignok

I'm with Sartre on this (v. above).

The point is that life has no meaning - no inherent meaning. It is just a cosmic accident, and the notion of searching & finding is the wrong metaphor. Oh! (mops brow) I'm searching for the meaning of my life! I've looked everywhere! I was told to turn left at the eucalyptus down the road and look under the third rock beside the fire hydrant. But there were only earwigs and other creepies (sobs).

The sensible metaphor to use is one of building or constructing, and that takes place inside your own head. You are responsible for building the meanings of your own life. Noone else can do it for you.

• Like 2

There are two schools of thought around Life purpose/passion.

1. One says pursuing what you love, made famous by Steve Jobs.
  2. The other says “Follow your passion is flawed and can be harmful — leading to frequent job/career changes and anxiety/angst,” said by Cal Newport.

Somewhere in between should be ok.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

The question of the meaning of life is a deep and philosophical one, and it has been pondered by humans for centuries. Different people, cultures, and philosophical traditions offer various perspectives on this matter. Here are a few different ways people have approached the question:

1. Religious or Spiritual Perspective: .............while Buddhism suggests that it is about achieving enlightenment and ending suffering.

That is as well my view. However, the Mahayana doctrine (in comparison of the Theravada Teachings prevailing in Thailand) lays emphasis on the ending of suffering of all conscious beings - not only for oneself.