Not the time for a ceasefire in Gaza, says US, with Hamas still holding hostages

Social Media

50 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Thank god you don't work in industry; you don't understand that when there is a war the backlog contains countries not at war and the countries like Ukraine and Israel get prioritized. There won't be a backlog for Israel as there has not been for the Ukraine..

Grow up for god's sake.

https://warontherocks.com/2023/01/the-real-reasons-for-taiwans-arms-backlog-and-how-to-help-fill-it/

The US is currently shipping from inventory. 

Backlog refers confirmed orders, not yet entered into production. 

Grow up indeed. You're nothing if not amusing. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

General resources ... really 

Must have missed a few passages while reading:

"The blockade has devastated Gaza's economy and caused a nearly 50% poverty rate[18] and one of the highest unemployment rates in the world.  Living conditions in Gaza have led human rights organizations to continue to label it "an open-air prison"

"Characterization as open-air prison

Several rights groups have characterized the situation in Gaza as an "open-air prison", including the United Nations,[199] Human Rights Watch, and the Norwegian Refugee Council.  This characterizations was often cited by a number of human rights activists, politicians, and media news outlets reporting on the Gaza-Israel conflict and the wider Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Former British Prime Minister David Cameron,[207] US Senator Bernie Sanders,[208] former Israeli diplomat Gideon Levy, and Israeli historian Ilan Pappe have endorsed this characterization as well.

In 2022, Human Rights Watch issued a report on the situation in the Gaza Strip, which it called an "open-air prison" due to the blockade and held Israel responsible as the occupying power, and to a lesser degree Egypt, which has restricted movement of Palestinians through its border. The report highlighted how this blockade has led to humanitarian crises, namely shortages of essential supplies, limited access to healthcare, and high levels of poverty and unemployment among the Palestinian population in Gaza."

Yes, a general resource - as in a wiki page containing many different bits of information about the Gaza Strip. Not too hard to grasp.

Why is the blockade in place? Was it always there? Israel does it just to spite? Nothing whatsoever to do with Hamas actions? Agenda?

And, of course, this doesn't relate or address my previous comments. Just another deflection.

3 hours ago, Morch said:

Yes, a general resource - as in a wiki page containing many different bits of information about the Gaza Strip. Not too hard to grasp.

Why is the blockade in place? Was it always there? Israel does it just to spite? Nothing whatsoever to do with Hamas actions? Agenda?

And, of course, this doesn't relate or address my previous comments. Just another deflection.

As long as rockets fly from Gaza, there will be no ceasefire. 

A Hebrew speaking friend of mine told me something interesting- that Nettanyahu in English and in Hebrew delivers different speeches. In English he says "we will defeat Hamas", in Hebrew he says, "this is the LAST TIME for this conflict"- meaning that Israel will not stop until Hamas is gone.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

As long as rockets fly from Gaza, there will be no ceasefire. 

A Hebrew speaking friend of mine told me something interesting- that Nettanyahu in English and in Hebrew delivers different speeches. In English he says "we will defeat Hamas", in Hebrew he says, "this is the LAST TIME for this conflict"- meaning that Israel will not stop until Hamas is gone.  

Netanyahu says a whole lot of things. The same sort of nonsense was actually his elections campaign slogan back in 2008.

Think about him as a smarter version of Trump.

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I don't trust anyone's #s, least so anything Israel would state.

2000-1000-500 ... what's the acceptable # of innocent children killed for you?  Or how many more?

Just think, a simple agreed upon cease fire would put that number closer to something acceptable to me.   

Like -0- ... But hey, that's just me.

When even one child blown to bits is one too many, it's disgusting to me that some seem to think if it's less that the number reported by the Palestinians then it's OK.

Anyway, how could the israelis have any idea of the number of children it has blown to bits? They aren't there trying to dig dead children out of the rubble.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When even one child blown to bits is one too many, it's disgusting to me that some seem to think if it's less that the number reported by the Palestinians then it's OK.

Anyway, how could the israelis have any idea of the number of children it has blown to bits? They aren't there trying to dig dead children out of the rubble.

What's disgusting is the habit of some poster to twist other posters' words, while cowardly hiding behind the 'ignore' thing.

It wasn't said that it was 'ok'.

The fact is that after previous rounds of fighting, Hamas casualty figures were disputed by UN and aid agencies, as well. There were occasions in which the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza (controlled by Hamas) was caught claiming unrelated deaths as being the result of IDF actions. This was discussed, in detail, on more than one past topic. If you wish to deny the unreliability or propaganda use Hamas make of this, consider that the initial reports from the hospital blasts alleged 500 casualties, and that's within an hour of. No way this could have been factually verified on the ground, not even by Hamas etc. - not within the hour.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, if even one person dies as a result of a vaccine, chemotherapy, a seatbelt, gender reassignment surgery or a helmet, all of those things should be barred from use? 

I do not remember any outrage from you for the victims of leftist riots. 

2 hours ago, Morch said:

What's disgusting is the habit of some poster to twist other posters' words, while cowardly hiding behind the 'ignore' thing.

It wasn't said that it was 'ok'.

The fact is that after previous rounds of fighting, Hamas casualty figures were disputed by UN and aid agencies, as well. There were occasions in which the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza (controlled by Hamas) was caught claiming unrelated deaths as being the result of IDF actions. This was discussed, in detail, on more than one past topic. If you wish to deny the unreliability or propaganda use Hamas make of this, consider that the initial reports from the hospital blasts alleged 500 casualties, and that's within an hour of. No way this could have been factually verified on the ground, not even by Hamas etc. - not within the hour.

I find the ignore thing hilarious, I think Palestine should put Israel on ignore. 

• Like 1

Not the time for a ceasefire in Gaza, says US,

However, apparently not all in the US want to be included in that. Just watched on Al Jazeera as protesters were removed from the senate while Blinken was speaking.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67275665

Anti-war protesters interrupt Antony Blinken at US Senate hearing

Not forgetting the large demonstrations in New York.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not the time for a ceasefire in Gaza, says US,

However, apparently not all in the US want to be included in that. Just watched on Al Jazeera as protesters were removed from the senate while Blinken was speaking.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67275665

Anti-war protesters interrupt Antony Blinken at US Senate hearing

Not forgetting the large demonstrations in New York.

Will the protestors be arrested for Inserection? No, that would only be right-wing protester. Leftists can interfere with the Senant all they like. 

19 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Will the protestors be arrested for Inserection? No, that would only be right-wing protester. Leftists can interfere with the Senant all they like. 

Absurd post.

There wasn't an election finalization going on. Just a hearing.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Correct. Not the time.

Those calling for it are either naive or intentionally trying to help Hamas.

IDF needs to take the fight to Sydney. They can start in the suburb I fled from a few years ago, after evacuating my Mum first. I'm guessing that's where these morons hail from.

Not joking. Presumably you understand the significance of the Bondi area to Sydney Jews...

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/police-investigating-israel-poster-attack-at-bondi/news-story/eb12345eff9ded772920ca41c659450e

The Biden administration is increasingly looking on the wrong side of history as the death toll of Palestinian children rises.

Massive demonstrations around the world supporting Palestinians, and calling for a ceasefire.

Apparently calls in Turkey for a convoy of ships protected by the navy to bring aid to Gaza. Now won't that be something if it happens. If israel attacks it like the last one they are attacking a NATO country so the US is obliged to go to its aid. I hope the convoy goes ahead.

I don't normally make predictions of the future, but I think I'm pretty safe pointing out that israelis outside israel will be targets for revenge. Did netanyahu fail to take world reaction into account?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Biden administration is increasingly looking on the wrong side of history as the death toll of Palestinian children rises.

Massive demonstrations around the world supporting Palestinians, and calling for a ceasefire.

Apparently calls in Turkey for a convoy of ships protected by the navy to bring aid to Gaza. Now won't that be something if it happens. If israel attacks it like the last one they are attacking a NATO country so the US is obliged to go to its aid. I hope the convoy goes ahead.

I don't normally make predictions of the future, but I think I'm pretty safe pointing out that israelis outside israel will be targets for revenge. Did netanyahu fail to take world reaction into account?

I watched the rally in Washington D.C. online today. It was large but compared to demos for other causes not particularly large when considering that context. In the speeches, cease fire was rarely mentioned. What was mentioned often was absurd charges that Israel is committing genocide. Do they even know the definition? Also of note several chants of River to the Sea which they know very well means wiping out Israel, in effect a chant supporting genocide of Jews. Curious that they falsely charge genocide when they're openly favoring it themselves. Disgusting really.  Not even one mention of Hamas or October 7. Not one mention of accepting the existence of Israel with the goal of living side by side in peace. There were also chants from the stage for violent intifida (terrorism). An event in D.C. is of greater significance because the audience is directly the American government and the American people. This was in effect not a pro Palestinian rally, it was a pro genocide of Jews rally and a pro Palestinian terrorism rally. If they hoped to persuade the U.S. government, they totally failed. It was clear to me that if even one speaker said anything reasonable about a peaceful path forward, they would have been booed off the stage or worse.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't normally make predictions of the future

You practically make such on almost every post.....

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wishful wishing on your part.

Though considering RTE’s recent rhetoric and political scape, it wouldn’t surprise me that at one point in the future the Turks may fall out of NATO. 

The massive military buildup in that region including 48+ warships in the eastern Mediterranean (the most since 1948), much of which isn’t being broadcasted, including CENTCOM in high alert ready to deploy mode, makes one wonder if this is more of an offensive operation. Time will tell…

Edited by novacova

Clearly what we need now is a "U.S. National Strategy to Counter Islamophobia in the United States." , no doubt they can provide a lot co cush jobs for all the hamas supporters at Havard and Yale. 

Statement from White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on President Biden’s Establishment of First-Ever National Strategy to Counter Islamophobia | The White House

On 10/24/2023 at 9:33 AM, Social Media said:

The US has said now is not the time for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas,

US, complicit in the murderous annihilation of Palestine! 4000 dead children! Shame US, shame Israel!

Edited by 2baht
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

So, you trust Hamas' reports of casualties? The same group that falsely claimed a hospital was bombed and 500 people killed?  No need to be so credulous, my friend.   

Let's be honest. It may take a while, but Hamas as a threat will be eliminated. Israel is taking time, to MINIMIZE civilian casualties. Would have been easier to simply carpet bomb Gaza City on October 8. Easier and less costly in terms of IDF soldiers' lives. But instead they are being as careful as possible, even at the cost of their own soldiers, to save as many Gazans as possible.

So some are being fooled by Israeli propaganda. 

Are you saying 10, 000 have not been killed? 

Do you think Israelis like Gazans? 

Do you not know about the terrible Apartheid in Israel? 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So some are being fooled by Israeli propaganda. 

Are you saying 10, 000 have not been killed? 

Do you think Israelis like Gazans? 

Do you not know about the terrible Apartheid in Israel? 

Israelis were giving jobs to Gazans before the Hamas terror attack. And bringing Gazan children to hospitals/clinics in Israel for treatment. So I don't think there was any systemic hatred. Unlike how the vast majority of Palestinians feel about Jews.  Remember what happened when a Hamas terrorist murdered, mutilated, and paraded a young German girl through the streets of Gaza? Cheering, dancing, spitting on her corpse. Then she was beheaded.   

There is no terrible apartheid in Israel.  

If Hamas says 10,000 have been killed, it is a lie. They said 500 at the hospital when the true number was closer to 50. Why believe them when they have a history of lying, with the help of a compliant media? 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'd be ashamed to be from the USA. 

I'd be ashamed to be from any country with a government that won't vote for a ceasefire, but that would apply to the government, not everyone in the country..

Plenty of Americans that don't accept the massacre happening in Gaza and are protesting