Hit and run got me, I'm all broken!

BritManToo

On 11/1/2023 at 3:02 PM, fredwiggy said:

This has got to sour your taste just a bit now about life here, as it further shows what goes on here, especially involving farangs.

Japan, anyone?

Seriously.

Thailand is still OK, at the moment.

But, what if Thailand were to continue to go the same way as the USA, and I am talking about the new youth culture in both countries.

Japan is continuing to grey very fast.

I prefer to live among old people who still remember what proper behavior was....many decades ago.

That was a completely different time.

People were civil, then.

Road rage, by in large, did not exist then.

• Confused 1

On 12/3/2023 at 8:41 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I prefer to live among old people who still remember what proper behavior was....many decades ago

Come down to soi Buakhao one day, you'll love it, lots and lots of old foreigners riding their, PCX, Clicks, Aerox etc, yelling out, abusing others on the road, speeding, blasting their horn, no helmet, all with their Grey hair (if not bald) flowing in the breeze as they speed excessively past you, at times chatting up the young chicks on their bikes, these young chicks laughing at the old fools. 

Regularly, I pull up at a 7-Eleven, buy a beer and get entertained. 

Its hilarious watching these old guys. 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 2

On 11/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, MangoKorat said:

From a fellow biker, sorry to hear this and hope your recover well.

Something's I'll never quite get about Thailand - I can't say its never happened in the UK but in around 50 years of biking, I can't remember ever hearing about a bike being rammed from behind.

I spent many years in the motor trade, including accident repairs/recovery - when I see photos on here of cars involved in accidents - they just don't relate to my memories of damaged cars in the UK. They are often totally annihilated.

Happened to me In Sussex  17 march 1990  5 past 1 in afternoon  was riding bright yellow HD with drag pipes ,,50mph on dual carriageway  at speed limit ,, when a car rammed me from behind ,, died at the scene was revived 4 times over next week spent 2 years in wheelchair    the Police arrested the driver he was apparently reading the Daily Mail so he  did not see me ....  <deleted> !!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Come down to soi Buakhao one day, you'll love it, lots and lots of old foreigners riding their, PCX, Clicks, Aerox etc, yelling out, abusing others on the road, speeding, blasting their horn, no helmet, all with their Grey hair (if not bald) flowing in the breeze as they speed excessively past you, at times chatting up the young chicks on their bikes, these young chicks laughing at the old fools. 

Regularly, I pull up at a 7-Eleven, buy a beer and get entertained. 

Its hilarious watching these old guys. 😂

We love it. And we can afford a scooter, petrol, and a beer at a real bar! 🤣

33 minutes ago, frantick said:

We love it. And we can afford a scooter, petrol, and a beer at a real bar! 🤣

I love the entertainment, keep up the great work. 👍

BTW, My PCX is always full of fuel and sadly mornings (11am) when the old fools are about the bars ain't open, got to get the beers from 7-Eleven. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't fancy 2 years in a wheelchair, lucky me, it was only 6 weeks, now in my 7th week I can walk about 100m. Right arm still in a sling though, can't lift anything, have to drink beer using my left arm.

Sing along!

Don't let go
Don't lose your mystique
Wait a little longer
Tomorrow brings another feast
Don't let go
Don't lose your reputation
Thank God you're still alive
You're still in one piece

[Chorus]
Hang on in there
Don't lose your appetite
Hang on in there
Forget the danger signs
Pray for that magical moment (straight ahead)
And it will appear
Don't fight for lost emotions!
Wait for the sunrise
And everything will seem so clear
(Look straight ahead, look straight ahead!)
Hang on in there (hang on in there)
Hang on in there (hang on in there)
Your wish will be granted
All your problems will disappear
Don't be a fool

You might also like

Chinese Torture

Queen

Was It All Worth It

Queen

Bohemian Rhapsody

Queen

[Verse 2]
You haven't reached your peak
You got a fast car racing up inside you
Your life is incomplete

[Chorus]
Hang on in there
Hang on in there!
Pray for that magical moment and it will appear!
(Wait for that moment)
Wait for the sunrise (Ah)
Just wait and see, and it will seem so clear
(duh duh bap bee dee bup bup bup, duh da dup dee da, hey!)

[Bridge]
And let's go, let's go!
Okay, now do the change up
Yeah!
Hang in there!
(Hang on in there)
Yeah, hang on in there!
Yeah!

"I prefer to live among old people who still remember what proper behavior was....many decades ago.

People were civil, then.

Road rage, by in large, did not exist then"

In 1950, incidents of road rage had become so commonplace in the US that the US Government commissioned Walt Disney Studios to produce this anti "Road-Rage" cartoon which then played in almost every movie theater for several years.

• Love It 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Right arm doesn't work, but everything else fixed now. Managed 3km walk this aft.

Still waiting for the court case.

Bummer to hear your arm needs longer time to heal. But see, you are going forward and are able to walk longer .

Ribs, bones again ok, body working. Hang in there !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Glad you're on the mend, does the hand still work?

Yep, hand is fine but broken clavicle means arm can't support any weight and can't be raised above shoulder.

Asked doctor about surgery Xmas morning at hospital, but he says still early days and need to wait longer.

Total bummer as I can't drive and can only go out if wife or a pal drives me.

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yep, hand is fine but broken clavicle means arm can't support any weight and can't be raised above shoulder.

Asked doctor about surgery Xmas morning at hospital, but he says still early days and need to wait longer.

Has the hospital given you truckloads of calcium tablets? Bones will knit much slower without them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Do you have an Orthopedic surgeon on board?

What would the surgery do? When I broke mine, (MC accident too) I had to wear a harness and sling the arm for a couple months but that was it. But I was only twenty-five or so. You don't smoke do you? 

I could drive, I just had to shift left-handed. I could not ride, but the bike was totaled anyways...

Shaving and brushing my teeth left-handed was a big PITA though. 

On 12/3/2023 at 8:41 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Japan, anyone?

Seriously.

Thailand is still OK, at the moment.

But, what if Thailand were to continue to go the same way as the USA, and I am talking about the new youth culture in both countries.

Japan is continuing to grey very fast.

I prefer to live among old people who still remember what proper behavior was....many decades ago.

People were civil, then.

Road rage, by in large, did not exist then.

Good point.

• 1 month later...

Oi, BMT, how is the new year going? All up and running fine again?

New motor bike or a Humvee? With the last one, they have to put in some more energy to flip you.:cheesy:

Just kidding, hope you do fine. 

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just got the all clear from the doctor this morning.

Last to heal was my collarbone, now fused if a bit lumpy.

Says I don't need any more physiotherapy, arm doesn't have full movement but good enough.

Still some pain in the shoulder, but probably no worse than any other old guys bones and joints.

So total cost for 4 months medical care, 5 broken ribs, broken collarbone, collapsed lung, 3 days in hospital, countless X-rays, meds, 8x physio was just under 13kbht, paid for by government minimum m/c insurance.

Good.

What's happening with the attempted murderer? 

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So total cost for 4 months medical care, 5 broken ribs, broken collarbone, collapsed lung, 3 days in hospital, countless X-rays, meds, 8x physio was just under 13kbht, paid for by government minimum m/c insurance.

Great the government insurance was useful, I can't recall a post before where someone got costs covered using it

• Confused 1