Not Liking Thai People

JimTripper

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

I understand how Jim feels.  I have been in CNX for 7 years and was a frequent visitor for almost 20 years.  I have discovered I can only relate to Thai people who have traveled outside of Thailand and I relate even better with those who have actually lived in another country. So far I have only encountered only 5 people who have actually lived in another country.  One of them is my dentist(he went to UCLA) and another was a Grab Driver who also went to UCLA for a year. 

Most Thai people that i have encountered have very limited understanding of the world and people from other countries and cultures.  Most disappointing aspect has been the fact that most are not interested in learning about other countries or cultures.  Obviously the most asked questions I have gotten is “Where you come from?”.  I reply “United States” and they go silent.  I no longer reach out to Thai people to make a connection. I just peacefully and carefully carry out whatever business I need to get done.  

Exactly. Most , especially those that haven't been outside Thailand, still think all farangs are rich, not understanding the majority live month to month, in debt up to their ears,and there are many  on welfare, food stamps, or are homeless. The Thai's I know and have spoken to in the US are very aware not only what goes on here but what goes on there. None of them wants to come back here for various reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Exactly. Most , especially those that haven't been outside Thailand, still think all farangs are rich, not understanding the majority live month to month, in debt up to their ears,and there are many  on welfare, food stamps, or are homeless. The Thai's I know and have spoken to in the US are very aware not only what goes on here but what goes on there. None of them wants to come back here for various reasons.

Job prospects are crap in Thailand for 80% of people. Otherwise its good.

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

I think you are one of the people who don't understand that the US is comprised of people from every country, while Thailand is mostly Thais, like all other countries populations, where the majority are native. As far as being friendly, yes, the US does have a lot of people that aren't friendly, but the ones I've run into that look at you with dismay are usually Asians. This I can say all the while having more than I can count of Asian friends living there 62 years. Here many smile at you, but what's behind those smiles? Hatred, fear, prejudice or acceptance? There are many here I get along with. I'm only agreeing with the OP because what he says is what I see.

Just now, fredwiggy said:

I think you are one of the people who don't understand that the US is comprised of people from every country, while Thailand is mostly Thais, like all other countries populations, where the majority are native. As far as being friendly, yes, the US does have a lot of people that aren't friendly, but the ones I've run into that look at you with dismay are usually Asians. This I can say all the while having more than I can count of Asian friends living there 62 years. Here many smile at you, but what's behind those smiles? Hatred, fear, prejudice or acceptance? There are many here I get along with. I'm only agreeing with the OP because what he says is what I see.

Well the study disagrees with you. Plus you live in a <deleted>hole town.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I understand how Jim feels.  I have been in CNX for 7 years and was a frequent visitor for almost 20 years.  I have discovered I can only relate to Thai people who have traveled outside of Thailand and I relate even better with those who have actually lived in another country. So far I have only encountered only 5 people who have actually lived in another country.  One of them is my dentist(he went to UCLA) and another was a Grab Driver who also went to UCLA for a year. 

Most Thai people that i have encountered have very limited understanding of the world and people from other countries and cultures.  Most disappointing aspect has been the fact that most are not interested in learning about other countries or cultures.  Obviously the most asked questions I have gotten is “Where you come from?”.  I reply “United States” and they go silent.  I no longer reach out to Thai people to make a connection. I just peacefully and carefully carry out whatever business I need to get done.  

you are so right, their epicentre is simply Thailand. They are not interessed in the rest of the world, except if it is beneficiary. Challenge them with geography, it is disastrous

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Job prospects are crap in Thailand for 80% of people. Otherwise its good.

Look into the stats I listed. They aren't bs. Some can live here many years in a village and never encounter problems. The same goes for any village worldwide. I lived in the US 62 years,, and sold guns for years, and never saw any gun violence whatsoever, yet some think it's everywhere.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Look into the stats I listed. They aren't bs. Some can live here many years in a village and never encounter problems. The same goes for any village worldwide. I lived in the US 62 years,, and sold guns for years, and never saw any gun violence whatsoever, yet some think it's everywhere.

Don't you look at the news?

Just now, vangrop said:

except from the US apparently

Trust me, I know what goes on there as much as those living there. Lived there for 62 years until 5 years ago, and have gone back, including this November. I have relatives in many states I talk to weekly also. A lot here don't understand the gravity of violence that happens here daily. The news here isn't like back home. Not anywhere near it.

If you dont like them it could be that they dont want to talk to you for whatever reason, have you thought about that? Of course if you dont like Thai people which is what is implied but not necessarily the case then leave because Thailand has a lot of Thai people strangely enough.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I live in a village, just like millions of others here, and they are all the same for the most part. I don't live in big cities because I hate what they are, and I lived near NYC, Austin, Newark, San Antonio and others, but outside them.

Load of bs again. Sisaket is nothing like Hua Hin or Chiang Mai. You are talking out of your bum.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Trust me, I know what goes on there as much as those living there. Lived there for 62 years until 5 years ago, and have gone back, including this November. I have relatives in many states I talk to weekly also. A lot here don't understand the gravity of violence that happens here daily. The news here isn't like back home. Not anywhere near it.

More bs

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Thailand/United-States/Crime

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Load of bs again. Sisaket is nothing like Hua Hin or Chiang Mai. You are talking out of your bum.

I don't live in Sisaket. I live in a tiny village . I've been to Hua Hin. Tourist town just like Pattaya only smaller. Chiang Mai is a huge town like Bangkok with more culture from older times. What's bs to you? Like I said, be specific.

I don't live in Sisaket. I live in a tiny village . I've been to Hua Hin. Tourist town just like Pattaya only smaller. Chiang Mai is a huge town like Bangkok with more culture from older times. What's bs to you? Like I said, be specific.

You are full of it.

Just now, bignok said:

So you are racist then

Another one who doesn't read all of a person's post on a subject and just nit picks things just to disagree. Did you read where I said I have a half Thai child, had  a Thai wife and have a Thai girlfriend. Did you read where I said I lived near major population centers where all races and creeds abound, and that I had friends of all of them?

Just now, bignok said:

Yes you have been proven wrong many times. Not too clever are you?  Also racist

I have never been proven wrong. Your opinions aren't true, and studies don't show how people are when the study takers aren't around, and some are biased. Again, try being specific.

Another one who doesn't read all of a person's post on a subject and just nit picks things just to disagree. Did you read where I said I have a half Thai child, had  a Thai wife and have a Thai girlfriend. Did you read where I said I lived near major population centers where all races and creeds abound, and that I had friends of all of them?

You are racist. You claim the US crimes are committed by "all countries" clearly racist.

What you meant to say is latinos and blacks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have never been proven wrong. Your opinions aren't true, and studies don't show how people are when the study takers aren't around, and some are biased. Again, try being specific.

You are totally clueless about stats. All the links proved you wrong. Racist and stupid. No wonder you moved to Sisaket. No clue.

• Confused 1

Just now, bignok said:

You are racist. You claim the US crimes are committed by "all countries" clearly racist.

What you meant to say is latinos and blacks.

You aren't too good at comprehension are you? I said the US is a nation comprised of people from ALL countries. I didn't say anything about who committed crimes there. Stats are there if you need them.

40 minutes ago, bignok said:

“The only statistics you can trust are the ones you have falsified yourself”. (Winston Churchill)

I haven't been to the top-ranked countries of that survey, but I certainly disagree about Japan's low rank. I personally would rank Japan as #1, and I know many people (incl. Thais) who would rank the Japanese there too.

Further down, I'd add the U.S. (based on all the Americans I met over the years around the world), Australia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Austria, and Czechia, to name just a few. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You aren't too good at comprehension are you? I said the US is a nation comprised of people from ALL countries. I didn't say anything about who committed crimes there. Stats are there if you need them.

Yes and US is worse for crime. On ya bike.

• Confused 1