Swiss Fugitive Arrested in Thailand on Drug Charges

webfact

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Swiss authorities had earlier sought the cooperation of Thai police after evidence surfaced that Alfred's network had illicitly earned millions of Thai Baht between 2012 and 2014.

Millions of Thai baht? And I thought, Switzerland had the franc... Perhaps just 50,000 francs, or so, but "millions of Thai Baht" sounds way more impressive, of course.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:
11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

After a few days in the ladyboy wing at the Bangkok Hilton, the gentleman may wish he was rather arrested (and jailed) in pictoresque "Swiss Land"...

Really, tell us about your experiences....😘

As you. no doubt, know, he can't, if he could he'd know that there is no such thing as an LB wing, they go in with the men...because they're men.

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

You need to see a eye doctor.

Those remarks of you and your brother in spirit are just plain ignorant.

Of course I don't envy you walking in Dolce & Gabanna around the house.

sorry, bad joke.

people should not be judged on how they dress.

and how this man dresses is not relevant. 

and anyway, criminals often wear 5000 dollar suits. 

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

sorry, bad joke.

people should not be judged on how they dress.

and how this man dresses is not relevant. 

and anyway, criminals often wear 5000 dollar suits. 

I would walk away from a  chap wearing a Louis Vuiton hat turned around, a large shiny Rolex Yachtmaster,  a large 24 kt gold " $ " pendulum, Gucci trainers and Ballenciaga 1000 $ sneakers and Chanel shades. Vulgar for the new rich drug dealers ?  Class is not about money, it's about style. Not to mention all of the above can be found on the pavements of Sukhumvit, the week-end Naka Market in Phuket or the flea markets in Milan or Marseilles. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Beware of badly dressed farangs!

The biggest falang cheats can also be dressed in normal attire, new shorts, clean polo T, brand new sneakers. In general I tend to be very wary when dealing with falangs supplying services. They play a bit to much on their falangitude as a gage of quality. Always exceptions of course and no generalizations here.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bangkok’s reckless foreign rider roils social media, netizens demand action
  • Swiss Fugitive Arrested in Thailand on Drug Charges
  • Hearing Put Off In Koh Phangan Murder Case

Interesting, that within 24 hours there are three headlines of those bad, bad alien dirty farang breaking the law. 

While I agree to take them to reason and responsibility of what they did/might have done it clearly shows the increase of media racism, as - during the very same time - tens of  thousands of law breakers of Thai origin could have been reported. 

The result is, that the public views non-Thais as evil, overly rich, lazy and for those reasons easy targets to be cheated, overcharged and lied upon - me thinks! 

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's odd as Interpol doesn't offer that service in the normal course of events.  Interpol is not a police force.

I've been inside the CID office Bangkok, and have observed personally intepol access from a Thai police terminal.

Mine was a ongoing multiple charged criminal indictment against a farang.

He fled via a natural border, and a lot of money, they were showing me the recent information as they'd had added him to interpol as a dangerous individual.

So yeah, the Thai authorities (specifically CID, Tourist Police) have direct access to Intepol systems

2 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

and have observed personally intepol access

What is "intepol" [sic]?

I didn't say that RTP cannot access their link with Interpol, I said that Interpol does not normally provide background checks on individuals and it, normally, does not.  National police forces would normally provide that information from their own data.

Edited by Liverpool Lou