Swiss Fugitive Arrested in Thailand on Drug Charges

webfact

4 hours ago, bbko said:

If they ever make foreigners pass a criminal background check to enter Thailand on a long stay visa, I'm all for it.

They do, my visa has a intepol check for example (Elite).

But that only helps if there's an outstanding warrant, most cases are sealed, and that information isn't disclosed until indictments hit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Seems his crime was carrying on after a law was introduced.

Since October 2012, the revised Swiss Law on Encouraging Sports and Physical Activity (Sports Law) specifies that importation of doping substances is classified as a criminal act irrespective of whether the person importing the substances is a licensed athlete (Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft, 2012).

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, bbko said:

If they ever make foreigners pass a criminal background check to enter Thailand on a long stay visa, I'm all for it.

I do recall being required to submit a police report (along with the medical and financial statements) when I applied for a Kingdom of Thailand )-A Visa for reason of retirement in 2011.

8 hours ago, bbko said:

That is already the case you have to submit a criminal record certificate when applying. Problem beeing is that if you are not yet convicted it does not show on the record.

9 hours ago, observer90210 said:

After a few days in the ladyboy wing at the Bangkok Hilton, the gentleman may wish he was rather arrested (and jailed) in pictoresque "Swiss Land"...

Really, tell us about your experiences....😘

• Haha 2