I used the women's toilet today

Chris Daley

13 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Many toilets in the West, especially in Europe, have been mixed gender for decades - way, way before anything even vaguely resembling what is referred to as "woke" was even dreamt of.

I remember going to France for the first time in the late 1960's and being struck by the fact that in many cafés and restaurants the toilets were not separated by gender - there was just one set for everyone.

Toilets where you go in on the room on your own and lock the door don't need to be gender specific.  

Toilets where men are standing with their tackle out do need to be somewhat separate so women don't accidentally get flashed.  

Was the window at the same level as your ****?

Was it and/or pstream actually visible to anyone?........for Gods sake don't go to Amsterdam or Paris!

Even if it was, if there is one place where I have found open air urination by men is common and "unnoticed" ......it's Thailand.

Unnoticed by Thai people that it is......"not noticing" is part of the culture.

Different matter for **** up, ****** up, "tink too much" Western foreigners though:

image.jpeg.c25088a6008c71d6371330e85c0cdaec.jpeg

Edited by Enoon

15 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

the entire front window was missing (they use a plastic sheet to cover the window area) but that was missing.  So everyone can see you stand there fully exposed. 

Keep your pants up. Turn around with your backside towards the window. Aim true.

Sorted.

I was so proud once of persuading my Thai gf to use the men's toilet. At Chatuchak there was huge line for the women's; men's almost vacant. She needed to go. I pointed out that female maids are often in there anyway. 

She came out and we had a big laugh. She told the other ladies to go on in there, too, but none would.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't use a communal women's toilet but there are situations where using a one person women's toilet is perfectly OK.

Like when the men's toilet is broken or in more than peeing use and nobody is waiting for it.

Sure I have done. I don’t like it only because of the fear of dirty looks when exiting.

I've done it more than once discreetly.  When nature calls and you gotta go?  Then you gotta go.
Again - discretion is your friend.  Best if its a single loo room with a locking door.  Then when you come out you simply look confused.   "Chai?"  "Puuying."  Play the foreigner card.  "That's not a men's hong-naam? Kor tote"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used the Female toilets at a large international school (at the weekend) during an international football tournament. 

The mens toilets were in a horrific state, water everywhere and mud from the football boots etc... messy.

So, I popped (no pun, note the singe 'o') into the ladies figuring its 99% men there anyway, so what are the odds of a 'gender clash' in the loo?... 

As I stepped out of the stall a Western lady gave me a 'dirty look', so I turned it around and told her she was in the mens toilet...   then overtly checked the door on my way out, then feigning horror and apologised adding.. "thats embarrassing !!" -  fortunately she wasn't a 'Woke Aussie Karen' and smiled... 

In reality, its not a big deal at all and more civilised cultures (and restaurants) have 'shared bathrooms'.....  no issue at all, except for females getting upset that men have pee'd on the seat, which is a valid complaint IMO.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I remember, when I was 21, one time, at a company's party, I purposefully used the Ladies' a couple times, cause 'why not?' (And yes, alcohol helped to get the necessary self-confidence...)

Were you wearing a frock at the time?