Is Chaengwattana asking to see TM30 for SETV extension?

Last time I was there they asked me for it but when I said I didn't have it they just looked it up on the system. I know if you go to extend a visa exempt at Laksi they sometimes insist on you printing a copy. Anyone have recent experience of this extending an SETV at Chaengwattana?

On a related note, anyone know about a 7 day limit for searching the TM30 website? I know you can easily get it using the app but my apartment manager is trying to do it on a PC.

16 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

On a related note, anyone know about a 7 day limit for searching the TM30 website? I know you can easily get it using the app but my apartment manager is trying to do it on a PC.

On the old Imm Office TM-30 web-site, when wanting to check whether the TM30 data you uploaded had really been filed, you had to open the website again, and on the left-hand page click on the 2nd directory and select Search TM30.

You had to enter your username (when it did not appear automatically, e.g. when using a different laptop/PC) and then fill in the search-period for your TM30.  The search-period dates needed to be max 7 days apart and had to be in Thai date-notation.

Probably still same search-period in the new system...

• Like 1

OP, your post is all over the shop.

You refer to previous entries.

Not relevant. 

To obtain 30 day extension to current SETV almost certainly you will need to provide a TM30.

Your apartment manager should be able to do TM30 on the spot and provide you with screenshot. 

On 11/1/2023 at 7:54 AM, Red Phoenix said:

On the old Imm Office TM-30 web-site, when wanting to check whether the TM30 data you uploaded had really been filed, you had to open the website again, and on the left-hand page click on the 2nd directory and select Search TM30.

You had to enter your username (when it did not appear automatically, e.g. when using a different laptop/PC) and then fill in the search-period for your TM30.  The search-period dates needed to be max 7 days apart and had to be in Thai date-notation.

Thank you but I'm not sure this was the problem as putting in two search dates within 7 days led to the same problem. Perhaps the issue was that the initial TM30 report had a check out date one month after the check in date and then when I booked another month no new TM30 was done. This appears to be what the 7 day message is referring to. So the apartment manager is going to do another TM30.

Edited by edwardandtubs

13 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

No, they don't. I extended SETV visas many times, but they never asked for a TM.30.

This is also my experience and the last time I did it was the end of last year.

I think there's a difference between asking for and insisting on a TM30. They asked me once at CW but when I said I didn't have one they just looked it up on the system. This contrasts with Laksi where they did actually send me away to get the printout. So people saying "yes you need it" are not being very helpful unless they have an experience to share where someone was actually sent away to get it.

They asked me for the previous TM30 when I went to do a new TM30, and they wouldn't do the new one till they saw it.

Didn't matter that I showed them my 90 day report slip, which you can only do if you have done a TM30. And didn't matter when I said "you have it on your system" - luckily I had a photo on my phone of the old one, from two years ago. 

They are cracked there sometimes. It seems to depend on the actual officer and what the big-wigs have their panties in a twist about that particular month. 

Edited by PremiumLane

50 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Nobody asked to see a TM30. As nobody has ever reported being turned away for not bringing a TM30 printout while extending a tourist visa at Chaengwatta, it's safe to say it is not required.

Please don't spread false information.

Absolute nonsense.

Many reports of folk needing to provide TM30 at both CW and Laksi for extensions from tourist visa and visa exempt. 

Along with many other immigration offices.

Edited by DrJack54

On 11/1/2023 at 7:54 AM, Red Phoenix said:

Apparently only 7 days back.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Absolute nonsense.

Many reports of folk needing to provide TM30 at both CW and Laksi for extensions from tourist visa and visa exempt. 

Along with many other immigration offices.

I've already said Laksi do (read the OP) but show me one report of anyone being turned away at CW for a tourist visa extension.

You seem to be conflating different issues.

On 11/6/2023 at 3:41 PM, edwardandtubs said:

Thank you but I'm not sure this was the problem as putting in two search dates within 7 days led to the same problem. Perhaps the issue was that the initial TM30 report had a check out date one month after the check in date and then when I booked another month no new TM30 was done. This appears to be what the 7 day message is referring to. So the apartment manager is going to do another TM30.

The current TM30 system only allows you to search back 7 days from the search date (so if you search today, you can only go back 7 days from today). You can no longer pull up the record of an entry made weeks, months or years ago. 

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

I've already said Laksi do (read the OP) but show me one report of anyone being turned away at CW for a tourist visa extension.

You seem to be conflating different issues.

At Laksi it's hit and miss.

At Chaeng Watthana it's hit and miss.

If you don't make sure you have a current TM30, you take your chances. Dr Jack's advice is solid.

13 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

The current TM30 system only allows you to search back 7 days from the search date (so if you search today, you can only go back 7 days from today). You can no longer pull up the record of an entry made weeks, months or years ago. 

Exactly so it's impossible to get a printout even if you want one. The report is still there on the system for the IO to see though.