Taxi, tuk-tuk drivers rally in Patong to protest “baht bus” plans

webfact

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

how so?

educate me ajarn.

come on, lively.

I'm not an ajarn. Only sycophants who've gone troppo describe themselves as such.

At any rate I'm too busy getting plastered on Patpong to delve into such weighty mattresses. Oops...matters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I would have thought it would be the perfect label for you then 😄 

Patpong eh?

Interesting...

I haven't gone native Bogs and I never will. I've just made my peace with all the BS that one comes across here.

When the BS ramps up to untenable levels then I'll leave. Until then it's certainly a better place to live, waters and all, than the wasteland that I fled from a few years ago. Google "Khaled Sharouf" for context ☝️.

As for Patpong, well it's just down the road from my fancy apartment on Ratchadamri and the beers are cheaper than other parts of town. A shadow of its former self but better than 300 baht a glass up the road at the Waldorf.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I haven't gone native Bogs and I never will. I've just made my peace with all the BS that one comes across here.

When the BS ramps up to untenable levels then I'll leave. Until then it's certainly a better place to live, waters and all, than the wasteland that I fled from a few years ago. Google "Khaled Sharouf" for context ☝️.

As for Patpong, well it's just down the road from my fancy apartment on Ratchadamri and the beers are cheaper than other parts of town. A shadow of its former self but better than 300 baht a glass up the road at the Waldorf.

Patpong is an arab/indian infested hellhole! 

but each to their own

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I remember reading the news a couple years ago, when last time they established a bus service. The bus drivers were beaten up by the thugs, which ended the bus service very quickly. I presume that this was not just a protest, but also a 'warning' to any potential drivers...

That was 20+ years ago. Times have changed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

You think 120-180 a small bottle of local pish is good value?

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Well, of course they will protest. Phuket’s taxi cabals have long protected the gangs and rackets that have trashed the island’s transport reputation for decades. This latest proposal for some competition is no different.

Maybe the new governor has a back-bone

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket taxi and tuk-tuk drivers are protesting against plans for a new “baht bus” circular service for Patong

Oh dear - the prospect of more street fights? Let us hope that no innocent tourists get involved whilst trying to organise transport!

23 hours ago, bob smith said:

Patpong is an arab/indian infested hellhole! 

but each to their own

been drinking there on and off for about 18 months and it's nothing of the sort. you're showing your maturity again, or lack thereof.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

You think 120-180 a small bottle of local pish is good value?

Cheaper than 280 baht at the Sheraton Grande on a Saturday night.

100 is the cheapest price for a local beer in the diviest of PP dive bars. 150 for a lady drink and a chat with the old girls. Not scintillating conversation but still better than anything Bogs or BigNoob have to offer.

Where can you get cheaper than that in Central Bangkok? Give me some names and I'll go check them out. I'm talking about bars, not some obscure backsoi mom 'n pop shop. Been there, done that.

22 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Not interested in your Brit Bashing Lemsta69.

ilIf that's what you think it was then you're about as perceptive as Bob the Thai hater.

ps. I said English, not British. Hint: because that's where Bob is from?